The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone. :) How did you guys know it was my birthday?
I didn't know until just a couple of minutes ago.... so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!

Just a thought here concerning how people know about those things. I got the surprise of my life today. I use a Cpap machine for my sleep Apnea. Today I went to Durham for my annual inspection to see if I use it or not or if I have any problems. My machine sits on a night stand next to my bed a full 24 miles from Durham and when I got there they already had a print out of my usages over the past 8 months, they knew when I used it (every night) and when I didn't (the 6 nights I was in the hospital last June), they new what I needed for pressure at any given time during the night, if I still had episodes of snoring, what setting I had the machine humidifier set at, When I didn't shut it off to go to the bathroom (in fairness they didn't know what I was doing, just that I had it off my face for 3 or so minutes), that I still had occasional obstructions, that I wasn't even aware of, so they could adjust the pressure to fix that problem. All that information via WiFi that I didn't even know they were accessing until today. Hell, I can't even get a good phone signal here almost 100% of the time yet they can reconstruct my every non and actual waking moments. I believe Big Brother has arrived completely.

StarWarsGirl

Just left MK. :(

Had a flight fiasco. We changed our flight from yesterday to today. The roads were supposed to be nasty, and my dad's friend is picking us up in our SUV, so we didn't want him driving it in bad weather.

We rebooked to the 7:30 flight today. As we were getting ready, we got texts saying the flight was cancelled. My brother and I were in one room in the 60s area of Pop and my parents were in the 70s. My dad gets on the laptop, but can't figure out the site to change it, and the wait on the phone was ridiculously long. And...he had my Surface. So I got dressed, ran over to their building, logged in, changed both flights in 5 minutes, then went back to our room, grabbed the stuff with my brother, and put it in storage. Meanwhile, I had to go to the front desk to change ME. As I'm standing there, I get a call from my mom saying there were charges on the account that should not have been there. I got them to reverse a cancellation fee on the account, and then noticed a parking fee when we had no vehicle, charged to both rooms. 20 minutes later, I finally got to go to the food court and eat.

But we had a nice day at MK thereafter. Just a complete headache with the flight.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Judging from what you have told us, I'd have to say, YES! You are the only one. I had a close friend that had 8 children in his family and his mother never spent anywhere near the time in the kitchen that you seem too or buy that much food. And like you she made everything from scratch. Course, she didn't have to find Kale or some of the incredibly exotic sounding things that you conjure up.
They had money back then????????????????????

Goofyernmost

They had money back then????????????????????
Nope, poorer then a church mouse. I don't know how they fed that group. I know that Christmas presents were pitiful. The one that I witnessed was an orange, a towel and a pencil for everyone. At least they were aware enough to not ask me what I got. I don't honestly know what I would have said.

I'm a little slow tonight and I just got what you were asking... No money, just pebbles and shiny things. Now that I think of it, I'll bet they used to hunt mastodon's. That would have keep them for a week or so.

Oh, and btw, if you keep making comments like that I am going to send some money to @Mr Ferret 88 to get to work on constructing that Figmentfan cage! :p

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

You’re welcome, cheers Buddy...!!!!! :)
Cheers to you too. I drank this tiny thing at a Mexican restaurant tonight and then went to a two hour long play without an intermission. Note to self: Do not ever again drink a margarita as big as your head and then go to a two hour show without an intermission. My bladder is very mad at me. 😜

The show was THE CAKE, starring Debra Jo Rupp from That 70’s Show, and was about a popular bake shop that refuses to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. Very funny. Very sad. Very topical. Written by one of the head writers of This Is Us. Annnnyway, I loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom