The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Hmmm that's not cool! I wonder what they are really looking at though... I mean my driveway and neighborhood aren't anything special!

This is how I look at these things too. And my Alexa. Hack into my Alexa, idc. All you're going to learn is what my voice sounds like, what my daughter's voice sounds like, and what music we listen to. So..... meh.

MySmallWorldof4

Yikes....What's a new year starting without some drama? Hope the sprain heals quickly, and that the rumor mill gets shut down! Do you know how bad the sprain is? I sprained my ankle in jr. high basketball and it took weeks to heal, but I still played on it. I was mostly a bench warmer anyway, though. The ankle was a really nice shade of purple/blue for a while....and another girl sprained hers just a little after me....maybe 20 minutes, and hers wasn't nearly as bad. She still taped it up for games, but it was more for support. Can they tape for the competition?
I don't think I saw a bruise when she took off her shoe. But at the doctor, the assistant wrote a note saying she had to not do any practices for 5 weeks. The mom didn't see the note before she left. She thinks the doctor said it could take up to 5 weeks to heal. But the head coach said she cannot practice or do anything at the gym unless the note says otherwise. She is really careful with the kids and injuries. They are actually considering getting helmets for older level girls to practice with to prevent concussions. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

MySmallWorldof4

Quoting Cher, "If I could turn back time"

Lucky or unlucky I never had kids, so I didn't have to shelter anyone. When my step son was about 8-10, I couldn't get him or his older brother to go outside when they visited.
My kids go outside and play in the backyard. We are in a cul de sac, so we know all the neighbors. I will watch my younger ones when they ride their bikes out front though.

Songbird76

The United States oldest living World War II veteran, and oldest living man, Richard Overton, passed on December 27th. He passed at 112 yrs., 230 days of age. He was a well-known Austin resident and such a cool guy.
His funeral and interment in the Texas State Cemetery will take place tomorrow.
RIP, and I salute you good sir.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton
May he be remembered for his service. I obviously didn't know him, but he must have been an incredible guy...to serve in WWII and then go on to 112 years!! Wow...salute indeed!!

MySmallWorldof4

The United States oldest living World War II veteran, and oldest living man, Richard Overton, passed on December 27th. He passed at 112 yrs., 230 days of age. He was a well-known Austin resident and such a cool guy.
His funeral and interment in the Texas State Cemetery will take place tomorrow.
RIP, and I salute you good sir.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton
Absolutely incredible!

donaldtoo

Very cool indeed. :cool: For some reason, I was thinking it had a 60s vibe, Las Vegas style -- with the Rat Pack strolling through it! ;)

Hahaaa...!!!
Funny you mention the Rat Pack...
I was so enamored with that hotel during and after our stay (and still am :inlove:) that I looked up some history of the place after our stay. Apparently, they and many other celebs from that era, preferred the “El Trop” when they were in town.
It definitely has a seriously-cool Mid-century vibe...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Yes, totally similar. So that style is mid-century modern. Good to know. I really like it. Plus the colors that they chose are beautiful, vivid, and bright. I am excited to stay there. Maybe you guys try Universal once?

Yes, mid-century modern. I loved his video, but, at one point in one of the rooms he mistakenly refers to the style as Art Deco. There are vague similarities between the two styles, but, they are decidedly different. Art Deco was mostly 20’s-30’s, mid-century modern 50’s-60’s.
Classic late 50’s, early 60’s cars out front also tell the tale of mid-century modern...!!!!! :happy:
Would definitely like to try UNI at some point, but, it’s just not in our near future plans...after the Octobet WDW trip, I just hope I can negotiate another Caribbean cruise...!!!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

wdwfan4ver

May he be remembered for his service. I obviously didn't know him, but he must have been an incredible guy...to serve in WWII and then go on to 112 years!! Wow...salute indeed!!
The person in question is incredible, but I used to know a WW II vet who lived an interesting life.

The person in question I used to know was my mom's uncle and he died 2 months after he turned 89 years old. He was not mentioned in wikipedia though. To my younger brother and I, My mom's uncle was our grandfather and a very nice person that I still have great memories of too this day. I called my mom's uncle my grandfather because his younger brother(my grandfather) died of medical of problems at a young age before I was born. I don't want to say how old. My parents used to visit him at his summer home in June when he was in Wisconsin.

My mom's uncle served in the army during WWII for 3 years. He joined the army after he graduated from college. He didn't talk about his service at all though. What made him Interesting is he did a lot of things in his life after the War. He was a dean for 2 colleges and a law professor at 3 colleges with the colleges in 3 different states. He did arbitration cases including for the National Football League. He was appointed to chair of two things, but I don't want go into politics or positions in a state or local government level. I am willing to say that he was the first of the two chair positions was one that involved stuff that were key issues in the 1960s on a local level in a city that he was a dean at the time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom