The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Today was a little worrisome. Kapono (our dog) hasn't been herself the last few days. Very lethargic and really wasn't interested in food including our food, and didn't want to go outside for very long and she loves being outside. We thought the outside thing is because there is so much ice out there and she was slipping. So Brad took her to the vet today and they didn't have an appointment so we had to leave her there during the day so they could check her out whenever they had a spare moment, and she absolutely HATES the vet. Anyway, long story short the vet said all her tests came out perfect and got an anti-inflammatory just in case she tweaked a muscle on the ice. Oh and we decided to get rid of the rest of the food she has and treats (they were new for her, a gift from Santa) and give her fresh food treats. And now that she is home she is acting like her old self, barking, eating. So I guess we took her in for nothing but since she is never sick it was concerning. Just a little crazy and stressful to think about all day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today was a little worrisome. Kapono (our dog) hasn't been herself the last few days. Very lethargic and really wasn't interested in food including our food, and didn't want to go outside for very long and she loves being outside. We thought the outside thing is because there is so much ice out there and she was slipping. So Brad took her to the vet today and they didn't have an appointment so we had to leave her there during the day so they could check her out whenever they had a spare moment, and she absolutely HATES the vet. Anyway, long story short the vet said all her tests came out perfect and got an anti-inflammatory just in case she tweaked a muscle on the ice. Oh and we decided to get rid of the rest of the food she has and treats (they were new for her, a gift from Santa) and give her fresh food treats. And now that she is home she is acting like her old self, barking, eating. So I guess we took her in for nothing but since she is never sick it was concerning. Just a little crazy and stressful to think about all day.

Happy to hear Kapono is doing better. And you didn't take her in for nothing--it was good that the vet took some tests. It gives you some peace of mind. Dogs are sensitive to new foods, and you may be right that perhaps it was the food/treats that were unfamilar to her, that might have caused her to not feel well.

MySmallWorldof4

Oh, I miss my top loader washer. They don't have those here. All front loaders....it kills my back! And I miss being able to just throw something in if I missed a sock, or forgot something....just lift the lid and toss it in. You can't do that with a front loader.

Here's the new oven I ordered.
https://www.expert.nl/bosch-hxs59ii51n
Nice! So review in Dutch is review?:hilarious: Hey I know a Dutch word!!!:hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

I think it is, yes! Never thought of that, but yeah!

I felt really bad when I left my old choir because I had been thinking of leaving for a long time, and we were at the break once and I was sitting with one of the Altos, and someone had just quit and this alto had said she was so shocked when this other person quit and was like "As long as YOU don't go....you're part of the furniture!" And I wasn't ready to announce yet that I was leaving...I wasn't sure that I was. But I felt so bad and didn't know what to say.
Your old choir? Are you no longer singing then?

MySmallWorldof4

Ha! Remember when we had a discussion some months ago about vacuums, and you had some great tips for me. I bought the one you also had, and I was freaking ecstatic! :joyfull: Oh what have I become? (my mother . . . ;) )
Yes, I remember. I still love that vacuum, although it doesn’t love us. You should see the amount of hair and fur that needs to be cut out of its front roller. :rolleyes:

MySmallWorldof4

Glad she is ok. Our oldest dog who had that skin infection went back for her follow-up today and all looks good.

Rista1313

aww glad to hear she is ok though! Maybe she has arthritis or was feeling the shift in the weather =/

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
aww glad to hear she is ok though! Maybe she has arthritis or was feeling the shift in the weather =/

The vet did mention the weather shift. I was worried about a touch of arthritis too, but they weren't too concerned about it. But I'll keep a close eye out and maybe start looking into having pet stairs or a ramp made for the bed so she doesn't have to jump down onto our hardwood floors.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hope they are as good as the park ones.

BTW, I'll be in Rochester again in June... you said your an hour away, so just a guess, are you in La Crosse?

Ok, I guess in this case I’m really bad with geography. I though Rochester was closer to Red Wing which is about an hour away from me. I just checked a map and it is further away than I thought. I’m further north so I’m 1 hr and 53 min according to google maps. Anyway, if you are there after school is out and we aren’t in California I’d be up for a road trip down there. It is a pretty drive. Pm me your dates if you want and we’ll see if we can make a meet up happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom