The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

My dh built a platform for ours, it makes life easier:joyfull: Nice oven and the eco clean is a nice feature
Yeah, I can't do that because I have to stack mine. There was no hookup in this house, so we had one installed in a large closet. There's no room to set them side by side. My in-laws had theirs on a platform, and it was SOOOO nice. When I win millions in the lottery, I will have a house built to my specifications....a spacious kitchen with 2 ovens, and a kitchen island and those ovens will be American sized. And then I will have a laundry room, with a platform for the washer and dryer, and some shelves for things like detergent, etc, and there will be a folding table, and there will be enough space to set the laundry basket down and still close the door!

Songbird76

My dh built a platform for ours, it makes life easier:joyfull: Nice oven and the eco clean is a nice feature
Oh, and the oven is basically the updated version of the one I have now....which, the new one is actually cheaper. Back when I bought this one, it was top of the line by Dutch standards....it was the biggest one I could get here unless I got a professional one, and that wouldn't fit in my kitchen. But it was the ONLY one that had the wok burner on it and that made it an expensive feature, along with being the only one that was stainless steel. Now, it's not standard, but it's more common at least, and there's one that's one step down from this one, BUT this one is on sale for 50 euros less than that one, so why not get the nicer one? When we bought our old one, it was over 800 euros and was our most expensive appliance, but I just couldn't live without an oven that was big enough to cook a Turkey in, and you should see how small some of the ovens are here!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, I can't do that because I have to stack mine. There was no hookup in this house, so we had one installed in a large closet. There's no room to set them side by side. My in-laws had theirs on a platform, and it was SOOOO nice. When I win millions in the lottery, I will have a house built to my specifications....a spacious kitchen with 2 ovens, and a kitchen island and those ovens will be American sized. And then I will have a laundry room, with a platform for the washer and dryer, and some shelves for things like detergent, etc, and there will be a folding table, and there will be enough space to set the laundry basket down and still close the door!
Sympathy like

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, and the oven is basically the updated version of the one I have now....which, the new one is actually cheaper. Back when I bought this one, it was top of the line by Dutch standards....it was the biggest one I could get here unless I got a professional one, and that wouldn't fit in my kitchen. But it was the ONLY one that had the wok burner on it and that made it an expensive feature, along with being the only one that was stainless steel. Now, it's not standard, but it's more common at least, and there's one that's one step down from this one, BUT this one is on sale for 50 euros less than that one, so why not get the nicer one? When we bought our old one, it was over 800 euros and was our most expensive appliance, but I just couldn't live without an oven that was big enough to cook a Turkey in, and you should see how small some of the ovens are here!!!
EEEKKKKKK I'm not sure my oven would even fit in a house over there and it's not even that much larger than a standard one. Love the fact you found such a good sale:joyfull:

MouseDreaming

Oh, I miss my top loader washer. They don't have those here. All front loaders....it kills my back! And I miss being able to just throw something in if I missed a sock, or forgot something....just lift the lid and toss it in. You can't do that with a front loader.

Here's the new oven I ordered.
https://www.expert.nl/bosch-hxs59ii51n
Is that a lid that closes over the burners? If it is, that is brilliant!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Adulthood can be weird. I get excited over new vacuums, and well, any new appliance.:hilarious: I also get excited about new smells from cleaners. I love citrus.:)

Ha! Remember when we had a discussion some months ago about vacuums, and you had some great tips for me. I bought the one you also had, and I was freaking ecstatic! :joyfull: Oh what have I become? (my mother . . . ;) )

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yikes! @ajrwdwgirl Do you and Brad still have AP's for Disneyland? If not Parksavers, and Undercover tourist through Mousesavers still have the older priced tickets.

We bought our AP for Disneyland when we went in November (over Thanksgiving). I had thought about buying the premier for both parks but we don't have any plans for WDW until maybe Thanksgiving 2019 or the end of December so that didn't make sense. But that ticket is now almost $2000 a person!!! I don't think we will be getting the premier again anytime soon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like. We have a Bosch and so far it has handled Mt Laundry well and is super efficient, uses very little water and power.:joyfull: It's a front loader and fits large bulky quilts:joyfull:

We have an old washer, and only one of the cycles (permanent press) works. So we use that one. :D The heavy duty cycle, delicates cycle, and medium cycle don't work. But hey, 1 out of 4 does. :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Do annual passes always have the entire Summer blocked out, or is that just because of SW:GE for this year? I saw that the DL annual passes blocked the whole Summer out and thought of @ajrwdwgirl and Brad, making this their DL year. I wondered if it was always like that.

Disneyland AP's have different level and usually have many summer blackout days. I think there are more this year in the lower level because of Star Warsland. We were Premier passholders for a couple years so we didn't have to worry about blackout days, and for this AP we went with the pass that was only blacked out around Christmas-New Years.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Because of my work schedule, I usually only foster over weekends. The rescue I volunteer with often has a dog or two in boarding waiting for that transition to a foster home and then their forever home. So when there's a dog in boarding and I'm not out of town that weekend or doing something that would require me to kennel them for a long time, I bring them home for the weekend.

You have a kind heart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom