The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

This is Toulouse!! I call her Lulu most of the time, though. She's been with me for almost 9 years! I foster one additional dog at a time, but Lulu is my personal dog so I can't get rid of her :joyfull::joyfull:
Awww.....there's an expression in Dutch....they say you're "part of the furniture" when you just fit in and it wouldn't be the same without you. Lulu is definitely part of the furniture. So the fostering thing....how often do you do that, and for how long?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Awww.....there's an expression in Dutch....they say you're "part of the furniture" when you just fit in and it wouldn't be the same without you. Lulu is definitely part of the furniture. So the fostering thing....how often do you do that, and for how long?

Because of my work schedule, I usually only foster over weekends. The rescue I volunteer with often has a dog or two in boarding waiting for that transition to a foster home and then their forever home. So when there's a dog in boarding and I'm not out of town that weekend or doing something that would require me to kennel them for a long time, I bring them home for the weekend.

Songbird76

I got a new washer and dryer delivered last night from Lowe's. I've had to cut my food budget down for a while, but it's so worth it. My old washer was so tiny that you couldn't wash more than a single sheet in it at a time. This one is big enough that I will only have to do one load of laundry a week instead of 6 or 7!!

Plus my old one was squealing and eating clothing, LOL. Adulthood: getting ridiculously excited about a new washer and dryer :hilarious::hilarious:
Hey, that's a huge thing! Congrats! I just ordered a new oven/stove. The dial for one of the burners keeps popping out and the plastic pin that holds it in place broke. I've superglued it twice in the last few weeks. Combined with how old it is (13 years) and other dials falling out, etc...it's time to replace it. It's served me well....it deserves a nice retirement.

Songbird76

Adulthood can be weird. I get excited over new vacuums, and well, any new appliance.:hilarious: I also get excited about new smells from cleaners. I love citrus.:)
Yikes....I need a new vacuum, too....going shopping for that this weekend. Along with new shoes for DS. Again.

But I bought a slowcooker today!! Very excited....I've always wanted one, but they are sooooo expensive. Aldi had one on sale for 25 euros, so I bought it. Now I need to look for recipes.

MySmallWorldof4

Speaking of money grabs did you see the Illuminations dinner package for 85 per person. That's more than double what we paid for dinner there and we had a couple of drinks
The like is for the price you paid before. The pricing is ridiculous. I find those packages unnecessary anyway. Maybe if you are a once in a lifetime visitor, but for those of us who go too often, it's a waste of hard earned money.

Songbird76

May look at Bosch. Thanks!
We've had good luck with Bosch. My oven was a Bosch, and the new one I ordered is also a Bosch. Our vacuum is a Bosch and it still runs fine, but the hose attachment thing is broken and it's driving me nuts because it keeps coming off. But, we've also had that for 13+ years. And my in-laws have Bosch washer and dryer that are really nice. It's a good brand.

Songbird76

Oh, I miss my top loader washer. They don't have those here. All front loaders....it kills my back! And I miss being able to just throw something in if I missed a sock, or forgot something....just lift the lid and toss it in. You can't do that with a front loader.

Here's the new oven I ordered.
https://www.expert.nl/bosch-hxs59ii51n

Songbird76

Sympathy like. I just had to get James sneakers AGAIN:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sympathy like. DS is bursting out of his like he's Hulk. I looked at has feet yesterday and I'm like....um....are those shoes too small?? His toes are coming out the top. And it hasn't been long since we bought these! They still look new other than the spots on the toes that are worn through. This is why I refuse to by expensive shoes. He's just going to grow out of them in a month anyway.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, I miss my top loader washer. They don't have those here. All front loaders....it kills my back! And I miss being able to just throw something in if I missed a sock, or forgot something....just lift the lid and toss it in. You can't do that with a front loader.

Here's the new oven I ordered.
https://www.expert.nl/bosch-hxs59ii51n
My dh built a platform for ours, it makes life easier:joyfull: Nice oven and the eco clean is a nice feature

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathy like. DS is bursting out of his like he's Hulk. I looked at has feet yesterday and I'm like....um....are those shoes too small?? His toes are coming out the top. And it hasn't been long since we bought these! They still look new other than the spots on the toes that are worn through. This is why I refuse to by expensive shoes. He's just going to grow out of them in a month anyway.
{{HUGS}} is still in the boys department?

Songbird76

Isn't that also a line from "Oliver!", from the song "Consider Yourself?"
I think it is, yes! Never thought of that, but yeah!

I felt really bad when I left my old choir because I had been thinking of leaving for a long time, and we were at the break once and I was sitting with one of the Altos, and someone had just quit and this alto had said she was so shocked when this other person quit and was like "As long as YOU don't go....you're part of the furniture!" And I wasn't ready to announce yet that I was leaving...I wasn't sure that I was. But I felt so bad and didn't know what to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom