The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I like that you have a cozy reading nook, I loved the picture of it too. I assume that with a reading nook, that means A will be using it to read. I hope she finds books she loves and becomes an avid reader!

Our New Year's was okay, low key. We just stayed home on NYE and watched the WDW Live Stream of fireworks then went to bed. It wasn't even midnight our time! We are crazy party animals! Whoot whoot!:happy:

I didn't stay up late enough for fireworks. I was working on the house all day and was just absolutely beat.

A loves reading!! She actually has a reading teepee in the same room!! It's got a furry blanket to lay on and some pillows with princesses on them. The whole room is basically a cozy reading nook now!!

Goofyernmost

I can get to two B&N and I do. I do miss Borders too as they were a little different than B&N. And I agree with the Amazon comments and add in the digital downloads put the same time of hit to books much like the digital download of music. We are also starting to see the same thing happening with Streaming Services taking over the likes of Cable TV along with Uber having its impact on Taxi companies. The one that breaks my nostalgic little heart is the shaky ground Newspapers are on. My BIL ran the printing department for 2 of the major newspapers in Chicago, talk about a major turn of events for those people and their careers.

But the flower and garden centers are likely to remain. States are very touch about plants being brought across state lines without all sorts of hoop jumping.
I know that the original Business philosophy of those store having lounging areas was to encourage people to come in and look for books to buy in a very casual atmosphere, but, so many people don't buy anything, they go in an spend hours reading books with no need to buy. That doesn't pay the bills. They would have been far better off to discount the prices to make them more affordable and actually sell some of them. Amazon is, of course, big in Kindle, but, mostly because you can buy actual books cheaper as well. I realize that they are able to do that more easily and profitably because they are not trying to pay for huge stores that are mostly a substitute for a homeless shelter. Cut down the over head, sell fewer weird titles, (leave that for public library's) reduce the prices and more and more will survive. We live in a society of instant gratification requirements. Take advantage of that and compete against a group that requires a delay in shipment, shipping costs and more.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The Cowfish Grill has a nice menu that would feed all my family @figmentfan423 and @Songbird76 Toothsome Emporium has a big menu too. The prices really are reasonable for being in a theme park.
They both looked interesting but couldn't do gf at the time we went. UNI unlike Disney doesn't do as good a job with gf/dairy free at all places. The one thing they did better was coconut milk at all Starbucks locations

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me haveing a girlfriend now, I’m not ready to tell my parents, I need advice, and I trust u guys the most, can u help?
@figmentfan423 @MySmallWorldof4
I always say tell your parents anything important. You don't want them thinking they can't trust you. The last thing you want is them coming up to you when your not expecting it and asking a million questions. Parents find out, they always do;) I was going to ask if you have Netflix because this is now on it even I want to see it.

Attachments

• 1546962033788.png
    1546962033788.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 6

Songbird76

Thanks. It's one of the ports on our cruise and we are just trying to figure if we do an excursion or just wing it.
I'd say it depends on the excursion and how long you are in port. But...don't they usually provide transportation for excursions? I've never been on a cruise, but I thought those were arranged things that you had to pay for and transportation was included in the price of the excursion. But Amsterdam has a really great public transportation system because of all the tourists. I'd imagine you could find a bus or tram to get you where you want to go if it's not provided. And walking wouldn't be bad either...there's a lot to see in Amsterdam.

Songbird76

I need help with places to eat in the parks at Uni and Citywalk @figmentfan423. I plan on booking us at Cabana Bay. I don’t think we will want many table services. Maybe 1 or 2. Every other meal we would do counter service. It will be for 4 days. I need kid menus that have pizza, chicken, pasta, grilled cheese, or mozzarella sticks.
Did you know the Unofficial Guide also has a guide book for Universal? It just came out this past week and I've been using it. It says do NOT do the dining plan for table service, but the nice thing about the quick service is that you can buy it on the day and you don't have to get it for the length of your stay. You can show up to The Three Broomsticks, for example, and then when you go to pay, you can have the amount applied to the dining package. I think it said the quick service was like....22 bucks per day and if you get a combi meal, that's already like 18 bucks, so it CAN save you money if you do it right. It also said the Simpsons area has a lot of kid-friendly options. I'll look closer after dinner and I can PM you with the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom