The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

10th grade (the tiny groot line was a joke about my username) :hilarious:
I got the joke. Sad that you are being bullied. You have 3 years left at the school you are at. Public I assume? Just think that 3 years from now you won't see any of those kids again. You'll all be off at different colleges. The reason kids bully is to cover up for their own insecurities about themselves. I don't know how this line would work on kids nowadays, but you could say, "I am sorry that you feel the need to pick on me because of your own insecurities. I really don't care what you say because I have no insecurities about myself. Have a nice day."

93boomer

Premium Member
We are going to get soaked again today. Never ending rain!!! How is your dh doing @93boomer? Did he say how things look in Florida?
They left Jacksonville this morning and are headed to the coast below Tallahassee. They were originally going to Crawfordville but changed it this morning. Now headed further south on coast-Carrabelle. He is hoping they can get through. Apparently there is a bridge that goes to the town they are wondering if it is open or not. And cell service may be iffy. I am just sitting and waiting to see. 😟

93boomer

Premium Member
My dh has had problems with his sinuses for close to 3 weeks now. This wet weather has made his usually mild allergies go into overdrive. He had been using Afrin, and then that hadn't been working. My neighbor is an ER physician and told him that Afrin has a rebound effect. It works at first, but then makes things worse. Anyway he is taking zyrtec now and that seems to work.
I take Zyrtec too along with my asthma meds. Glad it’s working better.

Figgy1

Premium Member
They left Jacksonville this morning and are headed to the coast below Tallahassee. They were originally going to Crawfordville but changed it this morning. Now headed further south on coast-Carrabelle. He is hoping they can get through. Apparently there is a bridge that goes to the town they are wondering if it is open or not. And cell service may be iffy. I am just sitting and waiting to see. 😟
Prayers and pixie dust for their safety, cell service and quick return xoxo

21stamps

Thanks for the heads up about Kohls. I should be good on jackets now but maybe I'll see what they have on sale for winter boots. The Kohl's I went to only had winter boots for kids but not adults.

I hate Kohls. I used to buy some clothes and toys for my son at Kohls, but now everything is restricted. Nike and Under Armor are not allowed to be used with any discounts. Dicks Sporting Goods is actually cheaper than Kohls for those items now.

Someone told me that toys are going to be excluded from discounts for the upcoming holiday season. I’m glad that I’m out of the toy stage now (for the most part). I don’t know what parents will do this year without Toys R Us and the great discounts on toys at Kohls... oh...wait.. Amazon. :mad:

21stamps

I AM SO SO SO SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THE COOLER WEATHER!!!!
Please be quiet!! 😡
Cooler but not cold! Fan of highs in 70s and 60s in a pinch. Below that is not too keen for me. I love shorts and tanks, not heavy sweaters!
Yes!!! I’d be happy if stayed in the 80s though. Im freezing today!!

Noooo. Highs in the 60's, yes. But get those 70's outta here!!

Hush!!!!!!!!! T has a huge tournament this weekend. First game is at 8am on Saturday.. we have to be there at 7:15.. it’s going to be COLD.

It's funny because the reason we're omitting meat isn't for health benefits. It's because I'm trying to eat food as close to the source as possible, and farm fresh meat is EXPENSIVE, lol. But I feel you.

I think when people find something that works for them, they want to share it with people they care about. But you're right, what works for one person doesn't work for others. I still think it's an act of caring though. A very annoying act of caring :hilarious::hilarious:

One of my close friends is really into Arbonne.. she’s trying to talk me into it. Beyond the supplements she is almost vegan now for the past year (but cheats on vacations).. she has lost 20lbs (was not heavy prior), looks amazing, and her skin is glowing.

I guess she’s a part time/most of the time vegan. Has also completely given up dairy and gluten.

I just can’t do it. I know better than to try. However, we have mostly vegetarian food at home.

21stamps

Listening to my local weather report early this morning, and the weather guy said that we might get our first frost of the season, in the early hours of Sunday. :cool::D:) :happy:

View attachment 319443

You should schedule a neurology appointment. ASAP.

;)

10th grade (the tiny groot line was a joke about my username) :hilarious:
I got the joke. Sad that you are being bullied. You have 3 years left at the school you are at. Public I assume? Just think that 3 years from now you won't see any of those kids again. You'll all be off at different colleges. The reason kids bully is to cover up for their own insecurities about themselves. I don't know how this line would work on kids nowadays, but you could say, "I am sorry that you feel the need to pick on me because of your own insecurities. I really don't care what you say because I have no insecurities about myself. Have a nice day."

This is wonderful advice.

@IamGroot! , I agree with @MySmallWorldof4 Just stand up to them in a very nonchalant way. Are you interested in Amy extracurricular activities? Maybe join a club at school and meet some new people?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Please be quiet!! 😡

Yes!!! I’d be happy if stayed in the 80s though. Im freezing today!!

Hush!!!!!!!!! T has a huge tournament this weekend. First game is at 8am on Saturday.. we have to be there at 7:15.. it’s going to be COLD.

One of my close friends is really into Arbonne.. she’s trying to talk me into it. Beyond the supplements she is almost vegan now for the past year (but cheats on vacations).. she has lost 20lbs (was not heavy prior), looks amazing, and her skin is glowing.

I guess she’s a part time/most of the time vegan. Has also completely given up dairy and gluten.

I just can’t do it. I know better than to try. However, we have mostly vegetarian food at home.

Yeah, I am not ready to give up eggs and cottage cheese. The switch to vegetarian has been pretty easy though. The only thing we really gave up was chicken, as we don't typically eat red meat. Well, pulled pork and bacon too. So we'll see where this takes us, but it hasn't been difficult so far. Like... it felt like a tweak, not a change. If that makes sense. Giving up eggs and cottage cheese would be a huge change.

Oh, and the supplements I bought were from my doctor... I think they're megatronics or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom