The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
It looks like the actual storm is now scheduled to loop just to the south of us before going up west and north. We will get the peripherals of the storm but it shouldn't be anything like being in the middle of it. Wind gusts now and on and off rain. It is expected to get more consistent before long, but, if the luck holds out we will be fine. Still expecting some power outages though.
good luck and I hope the power stay on

Goofyernmost

Hopefully it will lose strength as it goes over land.
It's not very strong, wind wise right now, but, it is still expected to be a tropical storm before the end of the day, if not soon. The problem right now is that those clouds contain a whole lot of moisture and it is moving very slowly. For us, that means that a lot of water is mixing in with an already fairly saturated soil and that combined with 35 to 45 mph winds make the trees want to uproot and head for dryer places. Fallen trees equal, power lines down, equals a whole lot of difficulty in staying cool in a very warm place. I have a Coleman stove that I have been hanging onto for the past 15 years. I've never used it, but, I tugged it out and checked the connections for leaks and when that was clear I tested the burners and voila they worked. It will be used sparingly with a whole lot of ventilation, but, at least not everything needs to be cold.

93boomer

Premium Member
It's not very strong, wind wise right now, but, it is still expected to be a tropical storm before the end of the day, if not soon. The problem right now is that those clouds contain a whole lot of moisture and it is moving very slowly. For us, that means that a lot of water is mixing in with an already fairly saturated soil and that combined with 35 to 45 mph winds make the trees want to uproot and head for dryer places. Fallen trees equal, power lines down, equals a whole lot of difficulty in staying cool in a very warm place. I have a Coleman stove that I have been hanging onto for the past 15 years. I've never used it, but, I tugged it out and checked the connections for leaks and when that was clear I tested the burners and voila they worked. It will be used sparingly with a whole lot of ventilation, but, at least not everything needs to be cold.
Yayy glad you have t. Mine is ready too. They are good things to have in a storm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom