The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Man, my english exam was a disaster. I was almost getting a panic attack in the speaking part. I get so nervous speaking next to the other people and the classroom full of computer was full.

Oh my. Sympathy like.
But, maybe it wasn’t as bad as you thought? Many of us are guilty of being our own worst critics...
Have you received a score yet...?

donaldtoo

Used to love backpacking and camping way back in the day, although we never had a luxury setup anything like that...!!! ;)
I remember the time on one backpacking trip in the Southern Rockies of New Mexico one afternoon when we were reaching a peak at 10,000 ft.+ and getting ready to head back down the other side to a place to camp for the night. Like clockwork, a storm blew in as we were cresting, and all heck broke loose. We ended up finding as flat a place as we could on the trail down that mountain, way short of our original goal, to only pitch tent flys and rain ran around/through us all night (we picked a spot where we knew there would be no dangerous flash-flooding)...funny thing is, we were all so tired, we all slept like stones...!!!!! :hilarious:
We awoke the next morning very early to a clear, starry sky and started hiking again to make up for lost time. We managed to at least keep our backpacks off the ground overnight, so they were dry, but, our sleeping bags were soaked...we ended up drying them out by draping them over our backpacks as we hiked that next sunny day...!!!!! :)
Man, no lie, those were some DARN good times...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :happy: :)

StarWarsGirl

Man, my english exam was a disaster. I was almost getting a panic attack in the speaking part. I get so nervous speaking next to the other people and the classroom full of computer was full.
I feel ya dude. We used to have to talk to a computer for my AP Spanish classes. Two years of having to do it and record yourself and I never got used to it, especially having to play my voice back to evaluate. And having others next to you also talking...it was not fun. At least I knew they were all struggling as much as I was. :hilarious: At least when I went to take the AP exam (which determined if we got college credit for high school Spanish), only 12 of us took it, and we took it in a college lecture hall, so we already out around the room.

I can tell you: it will never not be awkward; you just gotta get learn to ignore everyone around you and focus on yourself.

Cesar R M

I feel ya dude. We used to have to talk to a computer for my AP Spanish classes. Two years of having to do it and record yourself and I never got used to it, especially having to play my voice back to evaluate. And having others next to you also talking...it was not fun. At least I knew they were all struggling as much as I was. :hilarious: At least when I went to take the AP exam (which determined if we got college credit for high school Spanish), only 12 of us took it, and we took it in a college lecture hall, so we already out around the room.

I can tell you: it will never not be awkward; you just gotta get learn to ignore everyone around you and focus on yourself.
I guess, the interesting part is, I was one of the only 2 who were in the speaking part where the other 30 were still in the listening part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom