The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Ah, it’s ok. Her scooter is motorized. Plus, they’ve moved on to soccer., I don’t know how she’s kicking barefoot!😂

I used to juggle, dribble, and kick the soccer ball barefoot in the schoolyard across the street from my folks all the time back in the day.
It's funny, when I played baseball I could never bat left or throw left worth a darn, but, when it came to soccer, I became every bit as accurate and powerful with my left foot as I was with my "dominant" right foot.
Go figure... :cyclops:

Specially when those dogs aren't even service ones lol.

Hell, I've seen morons claiming that a FOX was a service animal.
Well a company just banned goats and insects as service animals. I thought ponies were a lot but insects and goats? A guy's pit attached a woman on the subway. He claimed service animal too.

Goofyernmost

Somewhat related to the discussion you were having (above) with Cesar, I think that taking basic precautions in this world is prudent, and not at all having a high opinion of oneself. I mean, look at all the things we do without even thinking--like locking our doors, for example. Now, I can guarantee you that a thief who tried to enter my place would have some disappointing slim pickins! :hilarious: Yet, we always lock our doors, and it is also for personal safety. If an intruder came in with a weapon, someone could get hurt.

If I'm at a crosswalk in the city, I wait for the "walk" light, but still always look at both directions of traffic to make sure they have stopped. There's plenty more examples, but I think what I'm reading from others here is that maybe it's a good thing to be even more cautious when you have children. I think that's all others were sharing, and with the best intentions, too.
That's quite a bit different, there is a strong likelihood that someone in your neighborhood might try and enter you house not to necessarily get you specifically but to your possessions, however the likelihood of anyone putting in the extreme effort of identifying and going after someone because of a picture in a discussion board where no ones name is used, no ones address is used is possible, but, the chances of it happening are the same as getting hit on the head by a meteor. Precautions are fine, but, they must be backed up with a base of reality and not just imagined conspiracy scenarios.

With a thing like this board where participants are from all over the world, the logistics alone are pretty much as good as locking your door. When you think about it, if your house has windows locking your door is close to useless. That doesn't mean we shouldn't lock our doors, but, that is a deterrent to a more likely thing, not a long shot.

I don't have a problem with people feeling that they need to take that type of precaution because to a much lesser degree, I do the same thing. People know, because I said it before, that I live in the Raleigh area, I'm 70 years old, my real first name is Russell, I have 4 grandchildren and I am a Vietnam Veteran. But I lock my door by not telling you my last name, my actual address, my social security number, the last names of my grandchildren and a lot of information.

That said, I feel pretty safe that with just the information I have released and my picture that I am not going to spend one second of time concerned that somebody is going to have any reason to come after me or have any increased ability to find me. Some things have to be a worthwhile result to put that much effort in locating me. (unless, of course, they have a few million dollars that they want to give me, then I will help them find me by sending them a copy of a map from MapQuest.)

donaldtoo

Mama Melrose’s wasn’t terrible the last time we ate there. Via Napoli had ok pizza. My kids like the pizza window at The Boardwalk.

Never been to MM's, but we did a walk up to VN back during our Feb. of '16 Princess 5K trip and really liked it. The others ordered a 3 cheese and a margherita pizza, and I had the eggplant parm, and the service was good, too!!!
Although, I've also read many experiences to the contrary.

MOXOMUMD

I know it was friendly advice, I was just trying to see what I could find if I was someone searching without knowing specifics.

The photos I posted here all had his club’s crest and name blacked out. I have posted a few of those same photos on FB, but with the name showing.
Would a reverse image search be able to find something if it wasn’t the exact same photo (because of the name scratch out), and even if my profile is private?

I don’t know the answer because I’ve never tried to do a search that way.
Your wdwmagic profile you've chosen to be private but anyone can click on the messages segment and see your entire posting history. Not that I think somebody would go through someone's posting history unless they were looking for specific information.

Last edited:

21stamps

Your wdwmagic profile you've chosen to be private but anyone can click on the messages segment and see your entire posting history. Not that I think somebody would go through someone's posting history unless they were looking for specific information.
Ah yes, but I was talking about my Facebook profile being private. How does someone do a “reverse image search” with a photo?..and where would it lead them? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

donaldtoo

Got a chuckle out of this. You and I are exactly the opposite. Hot, inside, is anything 70 and above, and I go nuts if I don't turn on the a/c. Now, in the winter, the heat doesn't go on unless it drops below 58! :p

Y'all know me, I can do below freezing TSSFFBRs, and can also mow and do yardwork in 105+ degree heat!!!!! :joyfull:
DWifey loves hotter weather, and hates the cold. I sleep best in cooler temps, or at least with my small fan moving air around me.
All that said, I'll take our scorching summers over y'all's freezing winters any time...!!! ;)

donaldtoo

Very happy to hear that he's o.k. Stuff happens to kids while they're playing.

When I was growing up, one of my brothers practically took up residence in the local hospital's emergency unit. Two of his more "notables" were when he made a "ramp" on the street and drove his bike over it, to be airborne, like a stunt man (at 8 . . .) :facepalm: , lost control, and drove head-first into a tree, and was unconscious.

Another time, he was making a go-cart in the back yard out of old pieces of wood and rusted out nails, that he found in a dump site (and brought home . . . :facepalm: ). Somehow, he fell on top of one of the wooden planks that had nails sticking out--and they ended up with nails in his lower leg---about 12 of them! :eek:

And yet, he still, somehow, survived...!!!!! :hilarious: ;)
Let's face it...we were bada$$es back in the day...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :happy: ;)

donaldtoo

Gotta admit---that really looked like a lot of fun in that tube being dragged by a boat! :hilarious:

We did that so many times on our local Lake Travis over the years and it was a hoot-and-a-half...!!!!! :joyfull:
We also always wore the puffy orange life jackets/preservers as opposed to just a plain ski vest, because if you became unconscious, the puffy preserver would always roll your face up out of the water. Ski vests, not so much. Never happened, but, ya' can't be too careful about stuff like that...says the daredevil, speed demon...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :D

And, on that note gang, I'm a goner...!
Y'all be cool, and the sweetest of dreams to one and all...!!!
See y'allllllllllllllll...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom