The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

I see. It's just usually it takes members a bit longer to find this thread and post a profile picture after they initially join.

So I see you are a retired schoolteacher. What did you teach?
It takes people a long time to post an avatar?
I taught in the Elementary School system teaching the grades 1-3 most of my career than became a Vice Principal for several years which than led into becoming the Principal of the Elementary School for the last 5 years of my career.

A W Reezy

It's not going to be a good day. My daughter came into my room and said "Mom I......ralph!" :grumpy: Projectile yuck out both ends. Sometimes I wish I could close the door, push a button and all messes in the room clean themselves up.

Oooh, that's awful. Hope she gets better soon!

The funk seems to be quickly passing itself around the US. I think my daughter is on the upwards swing of getting better... Not coughing as much at night. Sleeping much better. Still seems to have a little issue breathing, but the Nebulizer is helping with that. Hoping all of our babies get back to 100% soon! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oooh, that's awful. Hope she gets better soon!

The funk seems to be quickly passing itself around the US. I think my daughter is on the upwards swing of getting better... Not coughing as much at night. Sleeping much better. Still seems to have a little issue breathing, but the Nebulizer is helping with that. Hoping all of our babies get back to 100% soon! :)
Amen

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Usually it does, yes. MinnnieM123 and Betty Rose were each here for over a year before posting a picture. I know when I joined, it took me a while, and I was here for almost a month before finding Chit Chat. You just seem to have a lot of posts since joining, and you've set up your profile really quickly. Most people take their time.

So as a principal, how has it been with implementing common core standards?
I just had a photo of my husband and I with Mickey that I thought was cute on my computer and it took a second to do it. Like I said I would not even posted here except I wanted to respond to the member MOXOMUND that was following me. Than several people started welcoming me to this thread after that post. I basically was posting on the games and other things yesterday such as the loss of Debbie Reynolds.

Each grade has its own standards that must be accessed. For example Kindergarten children must complete Counting and Cardinality, while a higher 5th grade educated student must complete several things such as Measurements of Data & Numbers of Operations. The same works with Reading, Writing, and Language.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just had a photo of my husband and I with Mickey that I thought was cute on my computer and it took a second to do it. Like I said I would not even posted here except I wanted to respond to the member MOXOMUND that was following me. Than several people started welcoming me to this thread after that post. I basically was posting on the games and other things yesterday such as the loss of Debbie Reynolds.

Each grade has its own standards that must be accessed. For example Kindergarten children must complete Counting and Cardinality, while a higher 5th grade educated student must complete several things such as Measurements of Data & Numbers of Operations. The same works with Reading, Writing, and Language.
Just a quick question if you don't mind. I know some out teachers have been complaining about having to teach to the standardized test is this just an issue with our teachers or did you have the same issues? thnx

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Just a quick question if you don't mind. I know some out teachers have been complaining about having to teach to the standardized test is this just an issue with our teachers or did you have the same issues? thnx
Yes, some teachers feel that the standardized testing really doesn't fully measure the full potential of the student. I myself see where they are coming from as each student certainly responds to standardized tests differently. Each teacher is to explain to the students leading up to these standardized test that there is no need to study for them and not to worry themselves over them, but many still do and even parents worry over them as well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, some teachers feel that the standardize testing really doesn't fully measure the full potential of the student. I myself see where they are coming from as each student certainly responds to standardized tests differently. Each teacher is to explain to the students leading up to these standardize test that there is no need to study for them and not to worry themselves over them, but many still do and even parents worry over them as well.
thnx

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Well, it's just we've had a lot of incidents where someone has been creating profiles that aren't legitimate with lots of personal info, posting on this thread and others, like the trivia threads and others in Chit Chat and then leaving abruptly. So we tend to be a little suspicious, which of course you will understand.

Is it standardize testing? Or standardized testing?
Of course, and it is standardized with a D. I forgot the D, I guess I flunked that part. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom