The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hmpf. Gotta ask. How did you discover that?

Last year, hubs left a full, open container of sour cream up on the counter, and stepped out of the room to answer the phone. He wasn't gone long, but Jack had already knocked the container to the floor, and ate a lot of the sour cream that he could finagle out of the plastic container. Then, he ripped apart the plastic container with his teeth, so as to get inside further and lick out more sour cream. Jack doesn't let anything go to waste. :p

After that experience, we knew he loved sour cream. So any time hubs has some, Jack starts running and spinning around out of control, wanting sour cream. Hubs has to keeps an eye on the container when he's cooking, and if there's a little left over, he'll give it to Jack. Jack prefers sour cream over any dog biscuit on the market. :D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's Tough to be a Bug!

Cq1QScxVYAAZnIr.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, @Gabe1 , based upon my response to your inquiry about Jack and his love of sour cream, does Walt also like sour cream, or just ice cream?

I've thought about that, I don't know that Walt has ever had sour cream. He does love dairy though, if I am eating cheese he'll sit down and just drool. I have a huge refrigerator-side by side. Walt knows the sound difference between the freeze opening and the refrigerator door.

betty rose

Well, in her defence, it's very hard to maintain a language, but even more so when you're not hearing it and have no way of hearing it. Between living in Maryland, which has a generally large immigrant population, I hear it on a regular basis. There's also the internet now, which makes it way easier to practice. I follow Buzzfeed Spanish, so I read articles on there. I also can watch Spanish shows and movies online, often with English subtitles (which, fyi, is perfectly fine to do) or I can watch a movie I'd normally watch in English in Spanish, though I usually only do this for animated movies. That kind of stuff hasn't existed very long. If you wanted to watch Spanish TV before, you had to watch Univision, and quite frankly, I find most of what's on Univision to be just plain stupid.

Also in her defence, most Spanish teachers are Americans with very strong American accents. I have a Castillian accent because my first Spanish teacher was from Spain. I worked hard on mimicking her pronunciation, so I got a good foundation, and now 90% of what I watch on TV is from Spain. There's a wide array of accents in Spain, but I still hear my accent on a regular basis. I'm the exception, though, not the rule. Most Americans have strong American accents. Can you really blame them, though? Most native French speakers have strong French accents when they speak English. For whatever reason, they can't help it. Neither can Americans speaking Spanish. It also doesn't help that most Spanish teachers are American for whatever reason. I've had seven different Spanish teachers. Two were from Spain, one was from, well, nowhere, and the rest were American.
I think part of the problem is we don't learn a language until high school. And we just memorized word and number's. That's not learning how to speak a new language. I wish our kids would start in preschool. Maybe that would help.

betty rose

I've thought about that, I don't know that Walt has ever had sour cream. He does love dairy though, if I am eating cheese he'll sit down and just drool. I have a huge refrigerator-side by side. Walt knows the sound difference between the freeze opening and the refrigerator door.
I love how smart dogs are. When we drove out to Colorado, wiggles knew when we were approaching our home. We had stayed there for a couple nights, and flew back to K.C to bring out the other car, and Wiggles. She went wild when we approached our home. We slept on the floor, so their was no furniture in the home. We brought out her and her bed.

betty rose

Just give up the salt!!!

"This is huge news for agave-spirit lovers—and virtually anyone who plans on drinking over the holidays. According to the American Chemical Society, which researched the effects of tequila on blood glucose levels last year, sugars found in the plant that makes tequila can help lower your blood sugar.Dec 18, 2015"

"The news has been filled recently with so-called, blood-pressure-lowering miracle foods, including: tomato sauce, tuna and tequila. Some of these foods have been shown in studies to lower blood pressure if consumed daily, although it's important to remember that no food or drink can be a magic wand by itself."
Great news. Although, I don't add salt to my margarita. Personally, I think my blood pressure was through the roof at having to see a new Dr. after 17 years. And getting no notice. Change for me at this age is hard. It takes me a long time to know a Dr. at the Dr.s office. And Gary was the nicest person. Judy, our new Dr. is younger, and really nice. But, I'm reserving judgement.

Cesar R M

The huge amount part is the one that would bother me as well. I was told the other day that I was one of only a few people that could watch them put a needle in when taking blood. That seems strange, those things never really hurt that much unless someone does it wrong so why not watch. I've been able to tell them a number of times when the vain rolled and they missed it completely. So I guess I'm not all that squeamish about it.
similar here... but then, I have been pocked thousand times when I was sick.
from blood transfusions, to chemo lines.etc..etc..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom