The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

No it was on at the same time this wrestling show I was watching was on lol. I saw it took them 8 innings to get their act together, though.

Then we went and traded for a reliever who has an ERA over 5.
They hit three home runs in the eighth inning, Mr. Pessimist. I was yelling at the TV. 😆

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
They hit three home runs in the eighth inning, Mr. Pessimist. I was yelling at the TV. 😆

The way theyve been playing here lately, anyone would be Mr pessimist lol, especially when both Means and Kremer are on the DL. I just got done watching the Dbacks game, they won too so its a good day.

Lilofan

and like clockwork the idiots down the road are having a party complete with fireworks. This time if they're not quiet by midnight I'm calling the cop:angelic:
These are the times where fireworks and drinking in my neighborhood do not mix well. Also some years ago in Maine , a CM who played Gaston lost his head and life lighting off fireworks off of his head one evening.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I checked the box score and there were actually 9 hits between the two teams. But yes, one run between the two teams, especially when scored on a wild pitch, does make for a boring game.

As for the left-handed batters, it looks like several of Memphis's batters are switch hitters. Triple A is where players will typically work out whether they want to continue as switch hitters or if the perform better batting left or right. Kind of thing you'll see in Triple A that you won't see in the majors.
I'll take your word for the number of hits. I got bored and wasn't watching all the time, had to get food, especially Frozen Custard. Heck I even missed when the ump threw the Memphis catcher and manager out of the game for mouthing off at him. I'm not even sure what the anger was about. Didn't agree with the call apparently.

StarWarsGirl

I'll take your word for the number of hits. I got bored and wasn't watching all the time, had to get food, especially Frozen Custard. Heck I even missed when the ump threw the Memphis catcher and manager out of the game for mouthing off at him. I'm not even sure what the anger was about. Didn't agree with the call apparently.
That is usually the case. Which players and staff are allowed to disagree with the ump and discuss it. They are not allowed to use foul language with the ump. They're not allowed to touch the ump. They are not allowed to draw the strike zone in the air.

Buck Showalter did that one time (former O's manager). He was normally so calm that in the post game press conferences you couldn't tell if they won or lost, so it was hilarious when he lost his temper. He went out and drew the strike zone for the ump. Got tossed, but it was hysterical. Earl Weaver, who was before my time, got tossed all the time.

StarWarsGirl

@Dead2009 O's game in rain delay.
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

StarWarsGirl

B and I are at Hershey today. I have decided on my second guest behavior pet peeve (#1 is line jumpers): groups (especially large groups) who freak out when they're not allowed on the same train.

Y'all are spending the entire day together... possibly multiple days together, and you're not going to be chatting on a roller coaster launching you in the air at 70 mph. I think you can be separated for five minutes. Sheesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom