The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I hate cars and driving but damn, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is the sexiest car I've ever seen.

Most sports cars are flat out ugly. Too bad they want to ruin it by going EV only. Like seriously, do they expect people living in apartments and cities to spend hours in some random parking lot charging their car.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hate cars and driving but damn, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is the sexiest car I've ever seen.

Most sports cars are flat out ugly. Too bad they want to ruin it by going EV only. Like seriously, do they expect people living in apartments and cities to spend hours in some random parking lot charging their car.
Chances are that buyers who can pay the price tag on that vehicle, probably have their own charger at home anyway. (That would not be me, on both accounts. :hilarious: )

donaldtoo

Chances are that buyers who can pay the price tag on that vehicle, probably have their own charger at home anyway. (That would not be me, on both accounts. :hilarious: )

They absolutely would have chargers in their garage(s) ;), and to add that that car does nothing for me.
Although, the 2 Alfa’s below do…!
However, I’ll take the 2025 Corvette ZR1 (pictured below them) any day over either…!!! ;):)

961FC876-906C-45E4-B446-9ACE711B8404.jpegFFB77242-011E-49E3-A4B7-A30C05B35687.jpeg7026C07B-6C58-4E1C-A9FE-FDA3F9415317.jpeg

Lilofan

They absolutely would have chargers in their garage(s) ;), and to add that that car does nothing for me.
Although, the 2 Alfa’s below do…!
However, I’ll take the 2025 Corvette ZR1 (pictured below them) any day over either…!!! ;):)

View attachment 787518View attachment 787517View attachment 787519
I'm not fond of EVs , rented one at MCO . The EV SUV was bleh. Criminals like in CA are targeting Tesla EV charging stations and vandalizing them which is pretty sad. Give me a 6 speed manual naturally aspirated V6/8 engine with hydraulic steering any day. Save the manuals! A gym lap swim buddy of mine has a Tesla. He told me last year he took a long trip and put the car on auto pilot on I-95. He tilted his drivers seat back for an hour and the car did the driving.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I'm not fond of EVs , rented one at MCO . The EV SUV was bleh. Criminals like in CA are targeting Tesla EV charging stations and vandalizing them which is pretty sad. Give me a 6 speed manual naturally aspirated V6/8 engine with hydraulic steering any day. Save the manuals! A gym lap swim buddy of mine has a Tesla. He told me last year he took a long trip and put the car on auto pilot on I-95. He tilted his drivers seat back for an hour and the car did the driving.

Oldest DDs family (her, SonIL, and 2 young granddaughters) have 2 vehicles.
She drives a Volkswagon Atlas, which runs on gasoline, and he drives a Kia EV6 which is all electric. He’s a tech guy, and they’ve always owned at least on hybrid or EV.

As far as manual trannies go, my ‘85 Mustang GT was a 5-speed mated to the 5 liter (302 c.i.) V-8.
That thing was a blast to drive, but, about 5.5 months after I bought it new, I totaled it in 1-car rollover DWI accident.
Shortly before DWifey and I got married in ‘88, we bought an ‘88 Hyundai Excel with a 1.5 liter (92 c.i.) 4-banger and a 5-speed manual tranny. It’s also the car that I taught DWifey to drive manual on. That engine was also a bit of a dog, so manual gear selection gave it a little bit of a much needed boost. Other than that, that thing was bulletproof reliable.
The next vehicle we bought new in ‘90 was a Jeep Cherokee Laredo. It had the 4 liter (242 c.i.) straight-6 with a 5-speed manual tranny. That thing had some great get-up-and-go, and both DWifey (it was mainly her vehicle, and by then she was a manual tranny pro) and myself liked that a lot, but pretty much the whole vehicle proved itself to be a POS over time.
The last manual shift car we bought was a used ‘95 Hyundai Accent. It also had the 1.5 liter and 5-speed tranny like the Excel, but it was pushin’ 92 hp vs. 68 hp for the Excel. Again, another bulletproof Hyundai that I drove ‘til it, pretty much, dropped…!!! :)

A coupla’ pics of the Kia EV6 below…

75585D8F-4801-4106-9FE3-ACF110EC95B1.jpegAECA4635-0206-49D9-99FB-56627DB0D461.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

Not sure why I put runs in there. You are correct, of course, I meant to say HITS which makes considerably more sense. :oops:
I checked the box score and there were actually 9 hits between the two teams. But yes, one run between the two teams, especially when scored on a wild pitch, does make for a boring game.

As for the left-handed batters, it looks like several of Memphis's batters are switch hitters. Triple A is where players will typically work out whether they want to continue as switch hitters or if the perform better batting left or right. Kind of thing you'll see in Triple A that you won't see in the majors.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
😢

Sad, but seems like he lived a nice long life. I was lucky to hear him perform at a d23 expo and it was amazing, listening to hear him play and sing Feed the Birds like he did for Walt is a top Disney moment and I remember tearing up. We are watching the documentary The Boys on Disney+ tonight.

wdwfan4ver

😢
It is sad, but 95 years old is a long life. My parents knew the music the Sherman Brothers wrote years before I did. Mary Poppins came when my parents were growing. My dad first heard the music from the Enchanted Tiki Room back in 1965 when he went Disneyland.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Are you watching this game today?

Thank goodness I didn't get totally annoyed and turn it off. 😆

No it was on at the same time this wrestling show I was watching was on lol. I saw it took them 8 innings to get their act together, though.

Then we went and traded for a reliever who has an ERA over 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom