The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

Sushi burrito is actually a popular thing out here. I myself, not a sushi fan, so not my cup of tea, so to speak. But DD would have it, and liked it.
Love me some deep fried sushi burrito in some cities that make them! There was a sushi place that was open for a few years but closed next to Camilla’s on I-Drive in Orlando in the little Brazil section of the long roadway. It was offered and also a unique “ sushi boat “ where diners with chopsticks can pick and choose their favs. The sushi chef would make rolls, pieces and place it on the boat. The boat was a young girl in a bikini lying face up on the bar . This was the most unique way to eat sushi.

Lilofan

Here you go! Sushi burritoView attachment 782633
In TX, some say there are two major food groups - BBQ and Tacos. I concur. We ate tacos and burritos on a regular basis , breakfast , lunch and dinner with the locals and it was so delish. That’s a great looking burrito. Somewhat of a smaller version but spam mushubi in Honolulu was a quick cheap delish snack. Spam in many forms is revered by locals in HI.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hard to believe. Disney does their research when it comes to culture and cuisine before they build out. Prince Harald w/ royal family from Norway even came for the grand opening of the Norway pavilion. No I haven’t been and after eating the various foods , salmon, fish dishes , mutton stew , boiled potato , herring , roast chicken , brown bread with various cheese at Askerhaus , visiting Norway is not on my bucket list.
They do their research.

Then they adapt the recipe to a lowest-common-denominator of their audiences and based off of what ingredients are available.

Or they make something completely new that is "inspired by", but again, tailored to the lowest-common-denominator and with what ingredients are available.

So no, it's not authentic.

Also, I've been to Norway. Epcot's Norwegian food is like 70% of the way there, but not an accurate comparison at all.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
They do their research.

Then they adapt the recipe to a lowest-common-denominator of their audiences and based off of what ingredients are available.

Or they make something completely new that is "inspired by", but again, tailored to the lowest-common-denominator and with what ingredients are available.

Also, I've been to Norway. Epcot's Norwegian food is like 70% of the way there, but not an accurate comparison at all.
And Norway is so much more than the food .

Lilofan

They do their research.

Norway I've heard is a nice place to visit. We just had a not so great experience trying the various dishes at the Askerhaus buffet but I got my moneys worth eating many kinds of herring. There are much more better tastier foodie destinations in Europe, Middle East and Asia we've enjoyed .

Cesar R M

They do their research.

This!
Almost all of Mexican pavilion is TEXMEX food, not authentic mexican.
Almost every dish has for example, yellow corn. Noone in Mexico uses yellow corn other than Tuna salad.
The only thing remotely close to being "authentic" in a loose term, was the birria tacos from the quick food area.. and still tasted nothing like the real thing (tasted like they used canned sweet tomato paste for example).
their tortilla chips are also classic tex mex, super thin.
I think the only time I've seen close to fully mexican stuff was during the food and wine festivals, a booth in the mexican pavilion having a torta ahogada (which tasted like the real thing, only downside was the bread, which was not)

Lilofan

This!
Almost all of Mexican pavilion is TEXMEX food, not authentic mexican.
Almost every dish has for example, yellow corn. Noone in Mexico uses yellow corn other than Tuna salad.
The only thing remotely close to being "authentic" in a loose term, was the birria tacos from the quick food area.. and still tasted nothing like the real thing (tasted like they used canned sweet tomato paste for example).
their tortilla chips are also classic tex mex, super thin.
I think the only time I've seen close to fully mexican stuff was during the food and wine festivals, a booth in the mexican pavilion having a torta ahogada (which tasted like the real thing, only downside was the bread, which was not)
Agree. Tex Mex is Northern Mex combined with Texas twist and is not real Mexican by a long shot. When in Texas I avoid Tex Mex and get the real deal. Tijuana also has great tasty cheap food in many places. If we see a long line of customers we know the food is good and we stand in line.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That Norway gift shop in Epcot by the big Troll has a unisex fragrance so potent in the air a N95 mask could help one navigate without being overwhelmed by the scent. It smells like a Calvin Klein spray 10x magnified.
They have different notes;) Much closer to Innis (keeping it Orlando, sold at UNI) except Innis has ocean notes and there are a few other subtle differences

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom