The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Six Flags America. It's not in the greatest area and there's nothing special about it.

Thats because if you look at pictures and videos, it's a ride by itself the entire park and then nothing but dead grass surrounding it lol. The theming is horrendous outside of the area where Mind Eraser is.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A burrito is pretty much the same basic taste without the mess.

Hard shell tacos is Tex-Mex which is not real MEX . Give me a soft corn tortilla taco dipped in grease w/ al pastor , azada, cabeza, tripa or pollo with salsa picante on a number of street corners in Mexico City, Los Angeles etc .

I like both Mexican burritos and Tex-Mex tacos (soft or hard shell).

But I won't eat very spicy Mexican food - it has to be technically "bland" but even with mild sauces, etc., it's all delicious. :hungry:

Lilofan

I like both Mexican burritos and Tex-Mex tacos (soft or hard shell).

But I won't eat very spicy Mexican food - it has to be technically "bland" but even with mild sauces, etc., it's all delicious. :hungry:
Speaking about sauces , that's what I like about TX BBQ. The places I frequent are fall off the bone and don't need sauces to give it more flavor. Some areas in the Deep South , the BBQ comes with the typical array of sauces, good but nothing like TX BBQ. I don't do it but others in my family salt some of their food even before taking a first bite. One of my friends from Mexico carries in her pocketbook several mini bottles of various hot sauce and dresses some of her food even before taking the first bite. Huevos Rancheros, breakfast tacos and burritos go great with hot sauce first thing in the morning. That's the few instances I will use salsa picante or salsa verde to give food a good kick.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Don't feel bad. Six Flags Great America is the closest Six Flags by me, but they haven't advertised in the part of southeastern Wisconsin I live in for years despite being less than a hour away.

When I was in high school we took a band trip to some places in Southern Wisconsin and ended with a day at Six Flags Great America. It was fun but the lines were long for everything and there was a new ride a Batman coaster that had just opened and the wait was about 2 hours (so no thanks). My friends and I had our picture with Daffy Duck and the person in the Daffy Duck put their hands on mine and my friends bottom during the picture! That was a little more than we wanted.

Lilofan

Considering you like cold weather, it is not surprising that you like your potentially spicy food bland. (just another form of cold)
One cold climate which had the most tasteless food rated by my family is Norway. That cuisine had no spice to really rave about. We dined at the all u can eat Askerhaus at Epcot back in the day. I actually enjoyed the many plates of the various raw herring on the buffet however the roasted chicken was trash. The $5 whole roasted at Costco tasted better. The salmon tasted like any salmon I could eat at the local bagel place. A mild climate that has good pickled herring is Amsterdam and the Indonesian food is top notch.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One cold climate which had the most tasteless food rated by my family is Norway. That cuisine had no spice to really rave about. We dined at the all u can eat Askerhaus at Epcot back in the day. I actually enjoyed the many plates of the various raw herring on the buffet however the roasted chicken was trash. The $5 whole roasted at Costco tasted better. The salmon tasted like any salmon I could eat at the local bagel place. A mild climate that has good pickled herring is Amsterdam and the Indonesian food is top notch.

You know Epcot Norway isn’t the real Norway right? Have you been to the actual country and tasted its food say it is bland? We all know that Disney dials down spice at WDW.

Lilofan

You know Epcot Norway isn’t the real Norway right? Have you been to the actual country and tasted its food say it is bland? We all know that Disney dials down spice at WDW.
Hard to believe. Disney does their research when it comes to culture and cuisine before they build out. Prince Harald w/ royal family from Norway even came for the grand opening of the Norway pavilion. No I haven’t been and after eating the various foods , salmon, fish dishes , mutton stew , boiled potato , herring , roast chicken , brown bread with various cheese at Askerhaus , visiting Norway is not on my bucket list.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom