The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Way too early in the season -- ninety is summer heat, and I also hate summer.
Season 2 Get Help GIF by Living Single

Lilofan

Way too early in the season -- ninety is summer heat, and I also hate summer.
Summer has been scorching especially last year. We hydrate a lot, eat less , do our outdoor work early in AM or after dinner and pace ourselves to avoid heat stroke which I almost had back in the day. One of the most uncomfortable feelings I had was when visiting in MA and NJ and some of the homes I stayed in had no AC. The great food / times made up for it .

Goofyernmost

I didn't tell her to go get one lol, and no, absolutely not. I've spent my fair share of week long Target encounters.
I covered for you today. I recently got a gift card due to signing up to Verizon internet for Target. I think I have only been in that ginormous store maybe one other time.

Anyway, I have had maroon towels shower curtains and accessories for years now and decided that I would take advantage of my gift card and change over to blue instead. I found most of what I wanted but was in need of shower curtain hangers so I must have circled around the "bath" area a million times and when I finally found the part of the counters that had labeled "shower curtain hooks" every single slot was empty. Not uncommon, I guess, in a store that size because I remember the last time I was there there were a surprising number of shelves with nothing on them at all, but it always looked like it should have. So I gave up and headed toward the check out when I happened to turn into an isle and there was a whole area of shower hooks. It was in an area that had regular curtains not shower type. Color me confused.

Goofyernmost

So you did forget then...😂
Let me mansplain here for a second. We may or may not remember stuff like that, but if it is someone else that has the problem there is no reason for us to remember it. It is their problem. We don't have room in our file system for stuff that doesn't affect us, we need that space to remember off color jokes, how we played golf that day or what game is on TV at this moment. The common thought is if you are allergic to "pineapple" or whatever, then don't drink or eat pineapple or whatever. It is a way of keeping our lives a whole lot less complicated. Savvy?

StarWarsGirl

Let me mansplain here for a second. We may or may not remember stuff like that, but if it is someone else that has the problem there is no reason for us to remember it. It is their problem. We don't have room in our file system for stuff that doesn't affect us, we need that space to remember off color jokes, how we played golf that day or what game is on TV at this moment. The common thought is if you are allergic to "pineapple" or whatever, then don't drink or eat pineapple or whatever. It is a way of keeping our lives a whole lot less complicated. Savvy?
Okay, then I will womansplain something.

Ahem...

"All conversations are recorded for quality and training purposes."

Lilofan

@MinnieM123 doesn't need to seek help and isn't alone for 90 plus degree heat. There are plenty of people that do not like 90 degree weather such as myself and my mom.

My mom has problems handling 90+ degree weather and it really showed during WDW trips in late August to a couple days after Labor Day.

She drinks fluids, but still had problems at WDW during those trips.
If the weather was much more reasonable during the brutal summers in FL , perhaps more of the older generation would spend their net worth at WDW and other parts. According to Bloomberg , 30% of ages 70 and up own the country’s wealth. Ages 55-65 own 42% of the country’s wealth. The booming stock market with the Dow and Nasdaq with record highs have dramatically increased net worth in a number of households. There is no better feeling when your money works harder than you do. When Iger blames the heat on decreased attendance , a few forum members remarked with criticism. He is actually not blowing smoke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom