The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

The bane of my 4k monitors existence.
I hate that many apps still do not support resizing natively.
I need it because I can't see the names of some of my files in Windows explorer. 🙃 Or the names of my icons on the desktop.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians No GIF by E!

Cesar R M

For the f.. love of god...

Turns out that they have just published that most baseband modems by Samsung in cellphones are vulnerable to various types of attacks that can pretty much control or access your device.. by just knowing the phone #!

So no surprise why there has been Attacks..
I wonder if this was on purpose to allow wiretaping and illegal under the radar surveillance.

Declared as above CRITICAL in most sites due of how bad it is.

Most of the Samsung, Vivo, Pixel (anything using Exynos modems) are affected.
All these are produced by Samsung Semiconductor.

On the good side, removing most of the WIFI calling, VOLTE and similar features also block some of the effects.

On the good side, this does not affect ALL phones of ALL brands, just an specified large set of Samsung (which is a very large chunk of Android phones)

This is pretty bad for Google Phones, because an update supposedly disabled the WIFI calling and VOLTE selector settings. So they are enabled by default (cue facepalm).

Goofyernmost

It differs, just like it does in the US. If you go to a fishmonger, it's probably going to still have the head, because it's for you to prepare and cook yourself. But in restaurants, I've never seen a whole fish served like that. I don't go to fancy places, so I don't know about those, but I've never seen a whole fish served here. And when I got fish and chips in London, it was just fillets that were battered and fried.
No, it is pretty common these days for people that strive to be cooler than everyone else. My only reaction is you go to your church and I'll go to mine.

Cesar R M

On the other hand, one of our admins just told the boss straight out of his BS lol..

Boss has been creating accounts everywhere and now is complaining to one manager that the accounts lists are a mess.
And yes, the manager is right. Why make him "owner" of the process, if the boss just steps and does whatever he wants with no coordination whatsoever or telling anyone else until we have to clean up his mess XD

Cesar R M

Lol, boss now blaming the manager for now following "what was discussed on call".
Problem? the call was just boss babbling about future things and barely any orders or instructions at all.
Which is the normal every week. Aka boss patting himself in the back and talking for 30 mins to 4 hours straight in a video.

Lilofan

It differs, just like it does in the US. If you go to a fishmonger, it's probably going to still have the head, because it's for you to prepare and cook yourself. But in restaurants, I've never seen a whole fish served like that. I don't go to fancy places, so I don't know about those, but I've never seen a whole fish served here. And when I got fish and chips in London, it was just fillets that were battered and fried.
Go to a real authentic Chinese dining location and get the fish served whole from head to tail. Some places you select the live fish in the fish tank in the dining room and the cooks will prepare in kitchen. I love sea bass with black bean sauce. Also I've been to 99 Ranch Market in CA, its a fish market Asian foodie store. The staff member with a net fishes your choice of live fish from the tank, puts the live fish on the work counter while the fish is flapping for dear life, then with a hammer hits the fish squarely in the head to kill it. Then in front of you he opens up the fish to take out the blood and guts. There is a fryer if you want the fish to be fried by the staff then you eat the fish outside at the picnic tables with white rice and other goodies.

Cesar R M

Go to a real authentic Chinese dining location and get the fish served whole from head to tail. Some places you select the live fish in the fish tank in the dining room and the cooks will prepare in kitchen. I love sea bass with black bean sauce.
Same, it also depends on what you order.. if its "fish", then its the whole fish, head and tail.

If its "filet" then its just the meaty parts.

Many of our cuisine dishes contain a full fish (fried or BB'qed with spicy sauces)

Figgy1

No, it is pretty common these days for people that strive to be cooler than everyone else. My only reaction is you go to your church and I'll go to mine.

Go to a real authentic Chinese dining location and get the fish served whole from head to tail. Some places you select the live fish in the fish tank in the dining room and the cooks will prepare in kitchen. I love sea bass with black bean sauce.

Same, it also depends on what you order.. if its "fish", then its the whole fish, head and tail.

If its "filet" then its just the meaty parts.

Many of our cuisine dishes contain a full fish (fried or BB'qed with spicy sauces)
It's interesting what people ate a several of generations ago just to get by is now posh food

StarWarsGirl

It really doesn't bode well for you, I was 48 before I needed reading glasses.
I've had them for several years now. Actually, I was diagnosed as being farsighted as a kid. Nice trait that I apparently inherited from my maternal grandmother. Anyway, I used to wear them more because my eyes were straining, but I could still see, and they also have a filter in them for blue light/florescent light, which is a godsend with my migraines. But now I find I'm reaching for them more and more. Especially while working. My monitors are in the worst part of my vision. Closer would be fine, further would be fine. They seem to be in a dead spot. Oh, and those cheapo readers you can get at the drugstore? Yeah, they just hurt to wear. Has to be prescription to work.

Meanwhile, my distance vision is still better than 20:20. 🙄

Goofyernmost

It really doesn't bode well for you, I was 48 before I needed reading glasses.
Story that goes with the eyesight revelation. I had enrolled in Travel Agent class. It was actually right on the cusp of when all airline information was downloaded to a giant computer someplace. Part of the class was to set up flights for people traveling to various places, domestic and foreign. At the time every regularly scheduled flight IN THE WORLD was published in a book that was about 81/2 X 11 X 5 inches thick. The printing in this book was approximately individually the size of ant poop. Never had I seen print that small and I was in the printing business for a number of years.

It was hopeless, I couldn't not read any of it. I'd look around and see young folks reading it like it had 1 inch (72 pica) letters. I hated them! The only redeeming thing was that very shortly after that all that information was online and people started to make their own plane reservations and no longer needed Travel Agents for that. I still hated them for their young, functioning eyes.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It's interesting what people ate a several of generations ago just to get by is now posh food
We allegedly have progressed and evolved. They used to have to go outside in sub zero weather to use the outhouse too. We are selective on what we think of as posh to imply how out of touch we have become. However, we are right there are many things from the past (like the Beatles) that we still rightfully hold in high regard. That one is legit though!

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Story that goes with the eyesight revelation. I had enrolled in Travel Agent class. It was actually right on the cusp of when all airline information was downloaded to a giant computer someplace. Part of the class was to set up flights for people traveling to various places, domestic and foreign. At the time every regularly scheduled flight IN THE WORLD was published in a book that was about 81/2 X 11 X 5 inches think. The printing in this book was approximately individually the size of ant poop. Never had I seen print that small and I was in the printing business for a number of years.
It was hopeless, I couldn't not read any of it. I'd look around and see young folks reading it like it had 1 inch (72 pica) letters. I hated them! The only redeeming thing was that very shortly after that all that information was online and people started to make their own plane reservations and no longer needed Travel Agents for that. I still hated them for their young, functioning eyes.
See, I would have always had problems. I never had the benefit of seeing small print with young eyes. I would have been the young person there with readers already. Which meant I could have probably seen the tiny print with my glasses, but not because of my eyes.

However, if you're at WDW and want to know which bus is coming 10-15 seconds before the rest of the crowd, then I'm your gal! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom