The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Interesting weekend here locally…
Dell Match Play, of course, but, also a NASCAR Cup Series race at our Circuit of the Americas, and the UT men’s basketball team actually made it to the Elite Eight, only to get beat by Miami.
NASCAR --

Tyler Reddick (#45, Toyota) won the COTA race yesterday at Austin, with triple overtime restarts! :jawdrop:

Usually, I don't watch the road course races (I prefer the traditional oval speedway races, such as Texas Motor Speedway--although that track is technically a quad-oval.). But I was scrolling channels yesterday, and saw the race had just 2 more laps to go -- so I watched. Meanwhile, about 35 minutes later . . . they finally got in the final 2 laps! :p

Note: I was unfamiliar with the Austin track. However, what caught my eye was off-track -- their tall, walk-up observation tower. Now THAT was cool !! :cool: ❤️

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
When you order fish in Europe, do they give you they whole fish? Because I can't eat fish looking at me.

I know they do sometimes in fancy places.
The best fish I've ever had in my life looked back at me. That said I was used to it since it was served as far back as I could remember.
If you want to gag you should have watched my grandfather eat the eyes🤢🤮🤮🤮 as that always grossed me out

Songbird76

When you order fish in Europe, do they give you they whole fish? Because I can't eat fish looking at me.

I know they do sometimes in fancy places.
It differs, just like it does in the US. If you go to a fishmonger, it's probably going to still have the head, because it's for you to prepare and cook yourself. But in restaurants, I've never seen a whole fish served like that. I don't go to fancy places, so I don't know about those, but I've never seen a whole fish served here. And when I got fish and chips in London, it was just fillets that were battered and fried.

Songbird76

I was offered a job today after my interview! I'm really relieved! I have another interview tomorrow, but that one is slightly less desireable because it says it's only 3-10 hours, and I want more than that, but it IS closer to my house and it's in a grocery store, which would be nice if they give an employee discount. So we'll see if and what they offer, but I at least HAVE a job. Somewhere around 20 hours a week, in a home decor-type store. They sell flooring, lighting, curtains/blinds, wallpaper, bedding, etc. I've bought a lot of stuff from them before. It's a heck of a bike ride, but that would at least be good exercise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom