The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

rshell68

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

So, this is literally my co-worker and I right now. There is a meeting going on right by our cubicles and there is a TON of yelling going on.

Cesar R M

Over 130 people now signed up for the Paramore party.

And Brian’s nursing school is getting sued:

Key takeaways:

“BOSTON – A group of nursing students at Florida’s HCI College (formerly Health Career Institute) filed a lawsuit against the for-profit school for a deliberate scheme to block 95% of students from graduating and taking the RN licensing exam (NCLEX) and for misrepresenting its accreditation status and NCLEX passage rates.

Beginning sometime before May of 2021, HCI adopted a new grading policy as a way of weeding out students and forcing them to retake semesters they had already paid for. Under the new policy, students were required to achieve both an 80 percent overall score and at least 50 percent in every category of the high-stakes “predictor” exams in order to advance through the program.

In the fall of 2021, only five students out of a class of over 100 passed the new final exam and were permitted to graduate.

According to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), only 8 students who graduated in December 2021 went on to take the NCLEX-RN in the first quarter of 2022.”
holy sh.. that is VERY SCUMMY way to leech more money...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Until you have to pump gas when it feels like 20 degrees outside, you don't get to judge us for not wanting to do it. Now back to your cage
It's not difficult. There are these modern inventions called coats and gloves but I guess you in the colonies are still backwards. Can't even deal with the metric system like the civilised world.

Tony the Tigger

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I hope you make a lot of money!
What does this mean for Brian? I knew his trouble weren't his fault and those numbers are ridiculous!
Not sure. This was definitely during his time there. They say 4 people are bringing the suit “on behalf of hundreds of students.” I suggested he contact the attorneys once it gets moving, just to ask. Those suing are asking for their money back. Lord knows that couldn’t hurt.

Fortunately he was smart enough to switch to the other school that did take his credits rather than stay in limbo as long as these other folks have.
holy sh.. that is VERY SCUMMY way to leech more money...
What happened to him is exactly what they said: he passed all the classes, and by percentage passed that final placement exam, but he didn’t pass one category on the exam by 50%. Therefore they failed him and he had to pay to retake the entire final semester again. He failed the same placement exam the same way (by 2 points each time) before paying a third time at a different school to take the final semester and graduate.

Again, he has learned more from the at-home review course than from all that schooling. The debt is nuts. The loss of income is nuts. We should be in much better shape right now. But no wonder he psyches himself out on the state test.

Fingers crossed for March.

StarWarsGirl

Over 130 people now signed up for the Paramore party.

And Brian’s nursing school is getting sued:

Key takeaways:

“BOSTON – A group of nursing students at Florida’s HCI College (formerly Health Career Institute) filed a lawsuit against the for-profit school for a deliberate scheme to block 95% of students from graduating and taking the RN licensing exam (NCLEX) and for misrepresenting its accreditation status and NCLEX passage rates.

Beginning sometime before May of 2021, HCI adopted a new grading policy as a way of weeding out students and forcing them to retake semesters they had already paid for. Under the new policy, students were required to achieve both an 80 percent overall score and at least 50 percent in every category of the high-stakes “predictor” exams in order to advance through the program.

In the fall of 2021, only five students out of a class of over 100 passed the new final exam and were permitted to graduate.

According to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), only 8 students who graduated in December 2021 went on to take the NCLEX-RN in the first quarter of 2022.”
For-profit schools should be illegal. Not a single one of them has a good reputation and they mostly screw over their students who came there in good faith.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Chuck who ?
Phil's the real meteorologist

Here at the Massachusetts Audubon, we have Ms. G. She disagrees with Punxsutawney Phil's prediction of 6 more weeks of winter. I disagree with her prediction of an early spring. I say, Punxsutawney Phil for the win! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom