The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

It never ceases to amaze me that year after year folks living up north, where winter has been many times before, still act shocked that there is cold air, snow and ice. I've seen 74 winters and I don't remember a year when winter didn't happen like that. To paraphrase an old saying... One of the signs of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different to happen.

Of course that is easy for me to say since I live in a more temperate area of the country now, but it still holds true. The degree of shock when those weather situations happen here actually do come as a surprise. In my opinion these situations are going to work out like below for "at least" two more months.

1674482680840.jpeg WINTER HANGS ON

Figgy1

Premium Member
It never ceases to amaze me that year after year folks living up north, where winter has been many times before, still act shocked that there is cold air, snow and ice. I've seen 74 winters and I don't remember a year when winter didn't happen like that. To paraphrase an old saying... One of the signs of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different to happen.

Of course that is easy for me to say since I live in a more temperate area of the country now, but it still holds true. The degree of shock when those weather situations happen here actually do come as a surprise. In my opinion these situations are going to work out like below for "at least" two more months.

View attachment 694278 WINTER HANGS ON
Not so much shocked as mad but the ability of the forecasters to screw yup so badly still amazes me

rshell68

Oh Ebay......that means I can sell my Fountain of Nations water I've been sitting on. All I have to do is turn on my tap. People have put bids on a couple of people selling.

View attachment 694313
chloe grace moretz wtf GIF

MinnieM123

Premium Member
With the snow and ice the interweb has been winky, so I'm keeping everything 100% charged until things improve
i can't omg GIF by MSNBC't omg GIF by MSNBC
O.k. Your food pictures are always worth the wait! :hungry:

P.S.: :D It's snowing cats and dogs outside here now -- we might only get about 4 inches, but it's really pretty to look outside. (I was out this morning for a few hours, but it wasn't snowing yet.)

Goofyernmost

Well back during the ice age, if you stocked shelves in a store the procedure was to move all the old stuff to the front so that it could be sold first (officially known as stock rotation). However, I have been observing today's employees cannot be bothered by such a thing so they just put the new stuff in front of the old stuff. Moral: You would be better off to take the stuff closest to you. It's probably newer.

SteveBrickNJ

Well back during the ice age, if you stocked shelves in a store the procedure was to move all the old stuff to the front so that it could be sold first (officially known as stock rotation). However, I have been observing today's employees cannot be bothered by such a thing so they just put the new stuff in front of the old stuff. Moral: You would be better off to take the stuff closest to you. It's probably newer.
Wow! I never pay attention to how employees stock the shelves. The old way you describe is eternally correct. A good manager should make sure it is done correctly...what the current year is shouldn't make any difference.

Lilofan

Wow! I never pay attention to how employees stock the shelves. The old way you describe is eternally correct. A good manager should make sure it is done correctly...what the current year is shouldn't make any difference.
Or at your Publix in FL the buy one get one free section , look at the expiration date. It usually is the next week or next month to expire. Way to get rid of soon to be old stock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom