The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Hmm cartoons. Context, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a cartoonist. I drew Snoopy everywhere lol.

I don’t remember a ton of Disney ones other than the movies. (At our grammar school, whenever it rained during recess or lunch, we went to “assembly” in the auditorium where the A/V guys used actual film projectors to show the same things over and over: Pinocchio, and all the Woody Woodpecker cartoons.)

Also watched a lot of Hannah-Barberra, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Felix the Cat, Fat Albert, The Jacksons, Superfriends, Popeye, Heckle & Jeckle, Mighty Mouse - pretty much all of it! Can’t remember any I didn’t like off the top of my head.

ETA: Speed racer. Couldn’t get used to the anime style.

Somehow, this got posted before I finished it…I thought I left it unposted when I left to make a pizza and beer run…!!!!! :D :hilarious:
So, to continue…

All of that sounds sooo familiar…!!! :)
I too wanted to be a cartoonist when I was younger. I drew Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Fred…
Flintstone, and Barney Rubble pretty proficiently.

I already posted about the various cartoons.

We watched Speed Racer, but, mostly to rank on the corniness and annoying qualities, kinda’ like we did with the later Brady Bunch episodes as the characters aged.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Oh what a good memory you have to have seen him live. I wish I had. His voice was awesome.
It was a great memory. The first of the 2 I saw happened during his comeback tour. The female voice during those 2 concerts were Patti Russo back in the 90s. Paradise By the Dashboard Light was done differently from the 1st concert I saw to the 2nd. It was caused by how part 3 was acted out.

I agree with his voice. I still remembered him doing the National anthem for the 1994 major baseball all star game. I still think to this day that its one of the best editions of the national anthem and I recalled seeing that on tv.

donaldtoo

We lost another. Meatloaf died at 74😭

I remember when “Bat Out of Hell” came out in ‘77, and his music was making it into the top 40.
I remember Casey Kasem did a snippet on him while introducing one of his songs, saying that between sets and after every performance, he went on oxygen because his performances were so intense.
Such an awesome artist and performer. Very sad.
R.I.P.

donaldtoo

Sounds like a fun day! We are taking the middle school students snow tubing here next Wednesday. It might have to be postponed though, the forecast calls for sub-zero temps. Also I think it would be super fun to spin like that, but I'm a spinner (love the teacups!).

Thanks, and yes, it was a very fun day…!!! :)
Hope the weather cooperates for the snow tubing…!!! :)
And yes, the teacups and M:S orange have always been fine for me…!!! 👍

FutureCEO

We currently have Amazon, Disney/HULU and HBO and between the 4 of us viewing time is almost evenly split. Maybe watching In the Heights more than once has something to do with it and yes it needs to be watched a few times to find all the easter eggs
I want Acorn TV and/or Britbox but I still have cable so therefore I don't have any (that I pay for)

I have Netflix (which I hope my sister still gets it even though they went up in price at least until Peaky Blinders comes out), Disney Plus and Amazon which I never watch. Though I want to see their new show. I forget the name of it and Lord of the Rings.

Maybe I'll splurge one day and get one of those cell phone plans that comes with HBO something.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have you ever tried Sweet Potato chips from Aldi's? So good.

I know people love the Grapefruit Beer from Disney. However, it's the first beer I almost threw out without finishing it.
No Aldi's near me, but I can tell you that I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes, so probably not a choice for me. Glad that you found a product that you liked, though, and thanks for the tip, regardless.

As for grapefruit -- I despise it, period. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom