The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

There is an estimated 6.5 hour wait for the new Figment popcorn bucket??!!🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah it’s cute but really?!
I am not surprised. I am more into the ride times due to the 6 plus hour wait times for a popcorn bucket.

With lines that long, I would expect attraction lines to be short. My strategy would be go to rides without genie and not paying for individual rides. The rides question would be normal longest lines that would be short today due to that popcorn bucket.

Lilofan

I would love one of those Figment popcorn buckets and the Figment spork but I'm not spending more than what Disney charges for it and I wouldn't wait in line for more than 15 minutes for it.
Some who stood out on line in the park to buy the item are reselling the Figment popcorn bucket with the bag of multicolored popcorn in a bag for $250 online. Taking advantage of capitalism! But nothing beats the 2 TN brothers in March 2020 when they drove all over TN and KY and bought 18K bottles of hand sanitizer only to resell at a higher price which they started doing. When eventually caught part of their stash was given away.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm not all that cynical, but I have yet to see a picture of an empty spot in the place where it has been parked for the last three+ years. And what reasonable reason they would have in investing thousands of dollars to rejuvenate a plane that they don't need for anything. People are going to go to the meeting with or without the plane. I'm just tired of the past few years of no proof statements that end up being treated like it is actual. I just need a little proof, like a plane that is missing from WDW, and a slim reason to do anything with it at all. The last thing that any of the Disney Executives want is anything to remind the public of Walt Disney and how he did things.

I know you are an aviation fan, but as such you should be cynical yourself because to do anymore then just a wash and wax job would basically be a total waste of money. Aluminum doesn't deteriorate fast, but it does give into stress and will after over 60 years of outdoor exposure start to alter it original strength. As I stated, I'd love to see it cleaned up and put on display somewhere appropriete similar to what they did at DHS, but everyone is talking like they are going to use it to give rides over the parks.
With regard to your response above to @donaldtoo , the restoration might be an ongoing work in progress, with the exterior done first -- as that would be what people would see first.

I bring this up because wdwmagic has always been a very credible source for information. Per the link below, Steve shared in the subject heading line, that the plane is restored, and also references that in the text of the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom