The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
captain-america.gif
Then it's a good thing you weren't here when I checked the weather before heading out grocery shopping before dawn this morning;)

wdwfan4ver

Some who stood out on line in the park to buy the item are reselling the Figment popcorn bucket with the bag of multicolored popcorn in a bag for $250 online. Taking advantage of capitalism! But nothing beats the 2 TN brothers in March 2020 when they drove all over TN and KY and bought 18K bottles of hand sanitizer only to resell at a higher price which they started doing. When eventually caught part of their stash was given away.
I remembered that hand sanitizer scalping. That true about those 2 brothers beat that popcorn bucket.

As far Figment popcorn bucket goes, there is one auction that is likely to go over $1,100. The money the seller will be getting is enough to pay for part of the trip at least or make a profit since the person lives in Florida.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I remembered that hand sanitizer scalping. That true.

As far Figment popcorn bucket goes, there is one auction that is likely to go over $1,100. The money the seller will be getting is enough to pay for part of the trip at least or make a profit since the person lives in Florida.
I want one, I really want one to add to my Figment collection but that's just nuts

Lilofan

One female guest booked a room at the Poly ( room rate approx $500 per night and up ) to gain early resort guest entry to the theme park to get in line early to buy the Figment popcorn item. That's an expensive route to buy Figment.

Cesar R M

At this point I'm pretty sure those accounts paying above 1,000 are just bots and trolls.

Tony the Tigger

Tom C used to be a hottie, and still is even if I don't agree with some of his ideas.
I never got the Tom Cruise thing. Not my type, I guess!
But if the Figment item gets sold for $1K plus online then that is a dedicated buyer with money is no object attitude.
And they could rationalize saving money by not going to the parks.
or just a reseller trying to inflate the prices even further.
It’s an auction. The price goes where the buyers take it.

Tony the Tigger

What I mean is that the buyer would resell it later on.

Thats what resellers have done many times with Very well sought video cards for PCs.
I’ve done it with music. That was my business for 12 years before opening my traditional stores. I would go to pawn shops and record stores and buy certain CDs they thought were junk, and sell them on eBay. Nothing wrong with that. The guy in Japan paying $50 for an obscure R&B CD single from 1994 is very appreciative that I invested the time to visit every pawn shop in Nashville until i found it.

No different than collecting coins, stamps, etc. Some go up in value, others do not.

Doing this is not without risk (chargebacks, etc.)

Disney could curb it easily - make more.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom