The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

But how long are you going to be there at any one time. Contrary to popular belief one can survive a couple hours without downing a 55 gallon drum of liquid. Eating and drinking can be accomplished previous to arriving. That is just a fun habit that humans tend to indulge in, not a necessity. But try spending a day in the Florida sun with no water (or equivalent). On top of the alcohol availability actually tends to make one more thirsty, so use of that just makes the demand higher.

If you build it, they will come

93boomer

Premium Member
I think your hubby (if called in, off standby), should bring a hibachi and charcoal with him in his truck. He could also have a cooler with hot dogs, etc., buns, and everything to go with them -- and have a barbecue for dinner. (He could invite his electric company pals to join him. It would be fun.) Plus, if he brings a bag of marshmallows, they could toast those, too, for dessert! :hungry: Since his company sends him out to all kinds of locations, there might not be many restaurants open if the weather is bad/icy, for him to get dinner.
The men get quite inventive with their cooking meals in snow and ice. They roll up biscuits and put on engine to keep warm. Some bring little cooktops to heat up soup and coffee. Others take bread and lunch meat in coolers to make sandwiches. I usually send hubby off with some snacks-healthy and fruit to munch on too.

donaldtoo

This makes me happy. :happy: (Even if I can't go to D23, I'm just relieved to learn that they finally restored Walt's plane. ❤️ )

I posted this in the “Where is Walt’s Plane?” thread back on Oct. 24th…sooo darn glad to hear this…!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

“As I believe has been discussed here before, it looks like at least some attempt at restoration was begun, because the original orange trim is back. Maybe the timeline has been thrown off by COVID, etc….?!”

209899CC-90DE-4EBF-9F53-72E211C2F075.jpeg33686D9F-2E7F-4921-8E5A-8C03AE4AAD1D.jpeg5F437A0A-2AAB-4892-B662-95F8A921A79B.jpeg

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I knew it!! I am a thin mints girl through and through!😊 Yep I sold Girl Scout cookies and always ate all the thin mints I could. I hoarded those things!🤣🤣

This brings back memories for me…as a Girl Scout dad…!!! ;)
Megan and Sarah sold those things for a decade combined. One year Megan sold over 1,500 boxes and Sarah sold over 1,200. Those “Cookie Credits” payed for Camp Texlake for a week every summer, and they still had a buncha’ credits left over…!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

He’s on standby. If it comes this carp, he will be in it probably all next week.
I just finished supplying my pantry with food, propane canisters for my heater, and other supplies. Plus, the mandatory sugar free ice cream and popsicles😉 So, bring it on you big, bad storm!!😜

Nothin’ says “Stick it storm…!!!!!” like Icy-cold treats…!!!!! :D :hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom