The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Just wanted to share a little story here..

I will make it quick and easy.

1. Mere 2 days after returning from WDW. Got an alert for Job positions at DCL. One of the jobs I'd love to check.
  2. Icing the cake was that the job paid way better than even my current job.. can you imagine?
  3. I applied both in the local company in charge of recruitment and then on Disney's careers site.
  4. I forgot about the thing for a few days.
  5. I check and I was scheduled for a local interview with the local recruitment company via Zoom.
  6. Interview goes just fine and dandy and tell me that I will get an email for english tests AND the link for a Disney audition.
  7. After a few weeks. I had to get into my penguin suit for the Disney Audition. All went well. We shared stories, photos, etc..
  8. 4 days later, got the surprise that all the steps in the Disney's careers were GREEN. I had passed the interview and now was the more serious things to check. Studies..etc..
  9. Had a bit of trouble getting my blood tests done. Barely made to the cutout date. All my doctors helped me fill out the medical necessary to work for DCL. Including some good talk about my hearing levels with implant.
  10. In the meantime I was added to the whatsapp groups of DCL Mexico (where all the employees and recruits hang out with the recruitment company bosses)
  11. Sadly, after 2 weeks of waiting. My studies were reviewed and they manager finally told me the results. My hearing was not enough. They did not count the implant as a solution, therefore I was a liability and was denied with a "permanently unfit" by the bahamian authority.
  12. On the good side. I finally put this ghost to rest (aka confirmation that I'm not fit for cruise jobs). And it did not cost me that much since I had already planned to have those tests for my medical of this year XD
I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for you, but I guess at least you know now. Are there other jobs you'd be fit for other than cruise ships?

SteveBrickNJ

The whole META thing is probably going to be exactly just like Google.
Aka, the main parent of Google is "ALPHABET".
In Facebook's case, Facebook will be just a product and the main parent company will be META.
This is so most of their other projects do not fall into the "Facebook company" and thus affect their view to users.
That makes total sense. Thank you! You explained the situation with such a clear presentation. Great job professor! 😎😉

Last edited:

Songbird76

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Seriously???????????? I'm not Italian and even I know what's involved in and prepare a proper Thanksgiving dinner. Besides who in their right mind would turn down a proper tray of pasta any day of the year.
Huh....I wasn't aware that Thanksgiving was an Italian holiday.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Huh....I wasn't aware that Thanksgiving was an Italian holiday.
It is in Joisey!!!!!!!!!!!! We also had Italian and Polish Easter, Italian Christmas Eve, Hanukkah, etc.. The town I lived in was only about 3 square miles but had 5 pizzerias, an Italian bakery, 2 good bread bakeries with a 10-minute drive, a pork butcher, a regular butcher, a fish monger, several delis including a Kosher one(that may have been over the border), a nicely stocked grocery store and 2 farm markets within a short driving distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom