The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Fortunately, Carolyn was feelin’ much better by early evenin’, so she didn’t miss out on our Trail of Lights visit tonight…!!! :)
Megan was able to get a ticket for 7 tonight, and all the other time slots are sold out for this season. It’s at our local Zilker Park, just south of downtown across Lady Bird Lake. It’s also the location of ACL, SXSW, and other events.
It’s a drive-thru again this year, but, it’s usually a walk-thru, with concessions, a giant in-ground Yule fire, visits to Santa and Mrs. Claus, etc.
$65 a car, and we had 8 of us in Megan and Daniel’s VW Atlas…!!! :)
Some pics below…

1711BA16-702B-45A1-92F0-BF41BF77EB83.jpegC8A547BB-82ED-487B-8674-042FF671AE08.jpegC216A6FE-B39B-4633-AB83-BD4064D89030.jpegBC6D1FA3-4AF4-46F4-989C-8FFFDEB1814C.jpeg463FFFAD-0F36-4C8E-8F60-E827B649EDA1.jpeg5C3A9CCF-8F52-430A-918A-C36C7874F95B.jpeg64F03FEA-A155-40FD-836D-4374A6F2849D.jpeg3B18BDA2-66D7-403C-859C-FA541DC58E75.jpegE982342E-0475-4F07-8BA8-526CCA57F5FD.jpeg1344EF6E-AED2-478D-BD57-1746B30BA17D.jpeg

SteveBrickNJ

A question please:
On Oct. 28th, Facebook's CEO Mark Z. said Facebook will have a new name. Basically "Hey world! We are changing our name to META". Now it is Dec. 5th and this morning I logged into my wife's Facebook page so I could see some photos she posted....and....it looks the same as always. What happened to the "META" thingee? 🤔

StarWarsGirl

A question please:
On Oct. 28th, Facebook's CEO Mark Z. said Facebook will have a new name. Basically "Hey world! We are changing our name to META". Now it is Dec. 5th and this morning I logged into my wife's Facebook page so I could see some photos she posted....and....it looks the same as always. What happened to the "META" thingee? 🤔
It's my understanding that Facebook the social media platform will not go through a name change. Facebook the company that owns Instagram and all the other platforms will be rebranded to Meta.

Cesar R M

A question please:
The whole META thing is probably going to be exactly just like Google.
Aka, the main parent of Google is "ALPHABET".
In Facebook's case, Facebook will be just a product and the main parent company will be META.
This is so most of their other projects do not fall into the "Facebook company" and thus affect their view to users.

StarWarsGirl

Just had to do what I did not want to do and bought a new computer. I've been trying to make my computer last for another year, but with now getting an accounting degree and having to have Excel open all the time, my computer's like, "Yeah, no." The last straw was this morning trying to open a paper and it being like, "But I don't wanna!"

The Surface is still in great condition, although I guess it's because I use the Surface for taking notes and watching videos; I don't usually run Excel or type large papers on it.

Goofyernmost

Just had to do what I did not want to do and bought a new computer. I've been trying to make my computer last for another year, but with now getting an accounting degree and having to have Excel open all the time, my computer's like, "Yeah, no." The last straw was this morning trying to open a paper and it being like, "But I don't wanna!"

The Surface is still in great condition, although I guess it's because I use the Surface for taking notes and watching videos; I don't usually run Excel or type large papers on it.
Might not be your computer, I had all kinds of problems this morning with all apps. More freeze ups than Baskin Robins. Probably aliens.

StarWarsGirl

Might not be your computer, I had all kinds of problems this morning with all apps. More freeze ups than Baskin Robins. Probably aliens.
I checked that, ran all kinds of health checks on it, cleaners, all that stuff. If I weren't back in school, I probably could keep it going. Since I'm back in school, though, I think it can't handle that anymore.

My work computer is even worse. As soon as I hit my three year mark in April, I'm having work replace that thing.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Replace it with the same but updated model ?

StarWarsGirl

Replace it with the same but updated model ?
I actually have a Lenovo and I bought a very similar Dell. It very similar specs with more Ram. The only thing my Lenovo has that this one doesn't is a fingerprint reader, which is fine because I leave it docked a lot and usually just put in the PIN.

Dells were on sale with Best Buy and Lenovos weren't.

Cesar R M

You definitively need something with more than 6 cores and 16Gb of ram if you're handling a ton of sheets lol.
I wonder, Surface laptops have stronger specs than the super portable surfaces..

StarWarsGirl

You definitively need something with more than 6 cores and 16Gb of ram if you're handling a ton of sheets lol.
I wonder, Surface laptops have stronger specs than the super portable surfaces..
The one I ordered is an i7 with 16 GBS of RAM and a 512 SSD. Which will be fine for school purposes. My current one is an i7 but only has 8 GBs of RAM. So for accounting, not working very well.

My work computer is also an i7 with 16 GBs of RAM, (and I constantly have spreadsheets open) although it's a horrible HP and is getting very slow. It worked very well until about the last six months. Now it has a perpetual case of the Mondays.

I use the Surface for taking notes and drawing stuff over PDF files.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom