The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My excitement for after dinner: Pulling weeds from my gardens. Upside easy to pull when everything is muddy.

200w.webp

Cesar R M

Considering the amount of time Bale has spent being inured, his stats are still extremely impressive.

I think he’s a great player, but outside of that I just hate to see any sports player treated so horribly by their club. I have lost a ton of respect for Zizou and Real Madrid over the past 24 hours, although I had already lost respect after their decision to sideline Navas.
I do hope that Bale goes somewhere else where he’s shown more respect, and I hope Real Madrid has their worst season in recent history. Sounds bad to say that, but it’s what Zizou deserves.
You hit the nail in the other issue.
Bale has been more hurt than actually playing. And if you consider how Ronaldo was available almost every single game and was one of the most reliability in terms of health. I think Zidane had in his mind that Bale just wasn't trying. He was "living the life" while getting hurt left and right.

As for Navas, remember that he started to make some very weird unforced errors that costed games. He was getting old and made me wonder if Zidane and Florentino were thinking Navas was going to degrade as fast or faster than the last years of Casillas.

In the other hand.. Real Madrid is always real madrid, they change players like socks. The grab whatever feels "galactico" for the moment.
No surprise why they were hunting for Neymar as soon he left Barcelona. Dude is also a total diva.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We brought A to Disney when she was 2.75 years old. She still talks about things we saw and did on that trip, even remembers what shoes she wore to the pool. I've talked to coworkers who went when they were 14 or 17 or 22 and they remember almost nothing about their trips.

So I agree. Let them bask in the magic as small children. What they remember and don't remember as adults is completely up to chance, anyway.

Yes. I think this Dad said it eloquently. My son was 14 months when he first visited WDW and my DD 2 months. Obviously at 2 months zero memories but yes a year later. We did the 2 month trip 'cause my Doc wouldn't bless a trip in the fall before her November Birth.

But our family vacations in WDW were not qualified by if they'd remember or not, it was family time in a place we loved. Each year 2 weeks in the bubble family bonding while being entertained by a place that I grew up with, my first trip to Disneyland I was 18 months old. I never lost the Magic and introduced it to my kids and their Dad. No regrets.

We took some different small trips and as they were much older added Universal to our Orlando trips, you keep teens happy. We never took our babies or children to bars, breweries or wineries. We saved that type of stuff for Date Nights back then, it is just the values our family had and how we rolled. We have a local winery and 2 separate breweries in our town, all three require those who enter to be 21 years or older. Our leadership here is conservative when it comes to children.

Disney to us was a very wholesome place for our kids back then. Frankly we avoid the WS in the evening hours especially during F&W, it is nicer before evening. For us when our kids were young like A, when we'd get back to our resort room that is when one of us might hit the bar in the lobby and bring up an adult beverage as our children were sleeping. My kids were in the era of Pleasure Island. They were allowed during certain hours but we never took them. We had a couple trip once and I loved the Adventurers Club. Sadly gone by the time it was appropriate to bring my now adult kids.

As a family we have nothing but love and fond memories of the years our babies, then kids, now young adults bonded in WDW whether it was in the water parks, resort pools, parks or mini golf it was about them and bonding with them, making memories.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You can get one at target for $15. Mine doesn't pick up all the channels as the stations are far away, and I get more stations in the winter when the leaves are gone, than the summer, but it's nice to have occasionally.

The antennas come in a range of prices, but most important is your location in regard to miles from the signals. We've been very pleased with ours -- it's an RCA ($35 at Best Buy), and it's one of the smartest purchases I've made. The interesting thing, too, is that (at least in our area in the Northeast) the antenna brings in the stations on high definition.

It's been great to have the antenna for times when the satellite goes out for bad storms in the area, etc. (But also, sometimes I watch TV on the antenna just for the high def. reception for the local stations -- better than the satellite. We didn't get the the high def. satellite boxes, due to the higher cost.)

(Side note: some people don't like the old look of the "rabbit ears", but you can push those down when you're not using the antenna.) Here's a link to the one we have:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rca-indoor-dipole-plate-hdtv-antenna-black/3789153.p?skuId=3789153

Last edited:

Rista1313

The antennas come in a range of prices, but most important is your location in regard to miles from the signals. We've been very pleased with ours -- it's an RCA ($35 at Best Buy), and it's one of the smartest purchases I've made. The interesting thing, too, is that (at least in our area in the Northeast) the antenna brings in the stations on high definition.

It's been great to have the antenna for times when the satellite goes out for bad storms in the area, etc. (But also, sometimes I watch TV on the antenna just for the high def. reception for the local stations -- better than the satellite. We didn't get the the high def. satellite boxes, due to the higher cost.)

(Side note: some people don't like the old look of the "rabbit ears", but you can push those down when you're not using the antenna.) Here's a link to the one we have:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rca-indoor-dipole-plate-hdtv-antenna-black/3789153.p?skuId=3789153

I think you get what you pay for with over the air antennas for sure, but the cheap one I have does the job when I need it to. I don't have cable or a satellite, just internet with a amazon firestick, Hulu, netflix, and cbs. Works well for us... and saves us money. I haven't had cable for about 4 years

MySmallWorldof4

I think you get what you pay for with over the air antennas for sure, but the cheap one I have does the job when I need it to. I don't have cable or a satellite, just internet with a amazon firestick, Hulu, netflix, and cbs. Works well for us... and saves us money. I haven't had cable for about 4 years
Our internet is the expensive part of our cable package. If we didn’t need such a high speed and the ability for 6 to use it at the same time, we would get rid of cable.

Rista1313

Our internet is the expensive part of our cable package. If we didn’t need such a high speed and the ability for 6 to use it at the same time, we would get rid of cable.
We still have internet, and I agree it is the most expensive part, but I still save over $40 a month without the cable portion. Sometimes I miss it, but cable companies had gotten out of control and needed the smack down.

MySmallWorldof4

We still have internet, and I agree it is the most expensive part, but I still save over $40 a month without the cable portion. Sometimes I miss it, but cable companies had gotten out of control and needed the smack down.
Wholeheartedly agree. Maybe when Disney streaming comes out I will get rid of it, but then we will need something for the Olympic Channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom