The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well we went from 91 to now 72 degrees. That drop created some huge storms, it was really bad about 30 minutes north of us where my sister and her family live. Weather guy said it was 80 Mille an hour winds, lots of trees down, builds damaged, power lines down and such. Luckily my sis didn’t have any major damage but some of her neighbors did. There are reports of some possible tornadoes. More storms are possible tonight. That quick drop in temperatures can be so dangerous. 😕
Jealous. Currently at these wee hours of the morning it is still 85. Sunday and Monday look wonderful. We need it. We had a very cool start to summer vacation for kids in the area with lot s of rain. I feared that. Historically when that happens nasty HOT follows. It did.

Gabe1

The airline Gods are messing with us. Have airfare home from MCO our long trip but not going to MCO, WDW. The pricing is nuts heading to MCO. Dang 737 issues.

So I am totally justified by adding two days to our long vacation on the front side to drop a hundred dollars per person heading to MCO right? The airfare drop covers the additional value resort for 2 days until we go to our DVC unit for the long haul. I'm feeling WE must go early right?

Gabe1

While our trip is not at a value resort, for early September rooms are available at about $100 per night. Likely where we will spend our first 2 days before moving to DVC unit reserved. I think I can smile about the extra days.

MySmallWorldof4

Some Buc-ee’s fun from the road trip back to Austin on Saturday...!!! :)

View attachment 391202View attachment 391203View attachment 391204View attachment 391205View attachment 391206View attachment 391207View attachment 391208View attachment 391209View attachment 391211

And, this magnet will now be a running joke in our family, as about 5 minutes before we got to Buc-ee’s DS said he had to use the restroom really bad and we told him he could hold it for 5 more minutes ‘til we got there...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 391212
That place is amazing! I can also now see a close resemblance between Emy and her mom.

MySmallWorldof4

And finally, some pics of the winery and cool toy/ice cream/candy store we visited on the Square in Georgetown, TX. just a few miles east and up I-35 from us...!!! :)

The winery...!!! :)

View attachment 391213View attachment 391214View attachment 391215View attachment 391216View attachment 391217

And, the toy/ice cream/candy store...!!! :)

View attachment 391218View attachment 391219View attachment 391220View attachment 391221View attachment 391222

I have some more of the toy store that I might post this weekend ;), because it was just so darn cool...!!! :)
Plus, we missed the guitar shop closing by about 5 minutes, and there are a bunch of other shops there that we intend on visiting soon...!!!!! :happy::)
Did you have any ice cream there? It looks like it was a place my kids would have liked to spend some time in. That wall of candy, wow!

MySmallWorldof4

Another favorite flick of mine from the 80’s...!!!!! :hilarious:
John Candy was awesome in it, as well...!!!!! :happy:
And, Rip Torn (the “actors” name will never cease to crack me up...!!!!!!! :hilarious:) was also “Patches O’Houlihan” in “Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story”, as well as Zed in at least 2 “Men in Black” flicks...!!! :)
I know he had his issues, but, he seemed to be able to deliver for quite a while, even though.
May he RIP...........
I forgot he was in Dodgeball. That is a funny, silly film. “Hangin’ out playing Nintendo...” DH and I use that line a lot! :hilarious:

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

A loves it. We're all so much happier in the new house. We live a block or so away from a really cool park with a splash pad, within walking distance of the downtown area which has a cute small town vibe, within walking distance of her future school. When we get home instead of just hanging around the house, we go for walks to get ice cream, or go to the splash pad, or walk to the library, or ballet, or whatever. It's actually kinda magical.

She loves the house itself, even though we're still not fully moved in and settled. In the winter I would have been unpacked and organized within a couple weeks, but it's summer and we're busy doing all the things I mentioned above, plus going to the lake and the pool and the zoo. She has the entire attic to herself as her space. Which she loves now but she's going to REALLY love it when she's a teenager. I'm building her a treehouse in the back yard, too.

It's the perfect house for us. I'm so glad I took the leap of faith and moved us. I know it probably was a bit crazy of an idea, but it's made such a huge difference in our lives already. And we've only been in it two and a half months.
That all sounds so perfect to me. :inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

We had a moment you might actually appreciate. We were watching the tail end of the women's soccer world cup game, and my 4 year old who plays Soccer Shots at school spent the entire time yelling at the screen about what was and was not allowed in soccer. "you can't touch the ball with your hands, your hands are supposed to be asleep!!" and "you're supposed to block the goal!!"
:hilarious::hilarious:
That is such an A thing to do!:hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

My mom just hung up on me. Now she won’t answer the phone.

I mean, I fully admit that I’m probably being immensely annoying and not-so-borderline insulting to their capabilities... but still!!!

I’m such a nervous wreck. My oldest nephew is not going this year due to football practice, and my youngest niece is going for the first time. 3 kids - 4,6,9. I get it, they raised 3 kids.. but I’m still nervous!!! I wish they were flying instead of driving, and I wish they were going somewhere without waves.
I’m a mess, I know.
Did I miss something? Where are they going that upsets you so much?
Never mind. Saw the reply. I can see why you would be nervous, but I am sure all will be fine. T is a smart kid and will be a big help to your parents. Are they going to Hilton Head?

MySmallWorldof4

More because my niece, and without my teenage nephew.. I hope this doesn’t sound weird.. but I’m afraid they’ll be so focused on the younger kids that they may not think of his safety, or sunblock, etc etc.
That sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it to sound. I’m glad that his cousins will be there! They’re staying in a beach house with a pool this year.. I think I’m just freaked out by so many recent drownings. I don’t think T would go to the pool or ocean without an adult. I just worry, irrationally I guess.

Needless to say, my mom took great offense when I expressed these worries to her.

Edit- that sounds even more horrible when I see it in black and white written out. I am being ridiculous.
You know, I would be a little worried too but it is because you are a parent. It is normal to worry when your kid isn’t under your watchful eye. Just as you said, your parents raised 3 and can handle it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have one more day of ridiculous temps for tomorrow. My sons birthday. It was nasty warm that many years ago when he was born. He was a huge baby born to me a tiny woman then. I lost 40 pounds in less than 24 hours. Planning a baby? Go for something other than July if possible.
For your ds 391626 James' is coming up in just over a week, I remember having to go in every couple of days just for bp checks as it was a very hot summer. My OB had a spot in the office just for those, at least it was no charge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom