The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

How does it work? We have central.
It has an outside of the house compressor unit....same idea as central air. This style wall mounted AC unit is much more powerful than the units people clamp into a window....but like the window units, this wall mounted unit will only cool the floor it is on. Naturally people with central air have cool air coming out of vents on all floors. That would be better but paying for installing ducts in my home would be very expensive. You can look again at the photo I provided of the remote. I can set it at 70 when it is time to sleep and if I wake up at 4am and feel cold I can move it to 77 or just shut it off......with the remote I don't even have to get out of bed to do that😁

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Good morning friends. You know what the weirdest thing for me was last night? I was soo tired that I forgot what number to set the remote for my a.c. upstairs. After 11 nights of setting it in Celsius I was actually forgetting the Fahrenheit temp.!😂View attachment 390313View attachment 390314
Most of you probably have CENTRAL AIR , but I have the unit I showed just moments ago. We have no vents or ductwork....we have hot water baseboard for heat so we rely on that unit for cooling. Anyone else on this thread have a wall mounted AC remote unit?

What make and model is this? I need something for the attic and was looking at this style.

Goofyernmost

Playing amateur sleuth tonight. Hubby and I found some keys and I had posted them on the neighborhood board but no one came forward... luckily she had a library key fob attached... I was able to go to the library... they gave me her name... and she kinda slipped out the street... and google did the rest... of course they weren't home, and I had no pen in the car (must remedy that) came back home because it's only a few blocks away... wrote 2 notes.. one for each door... letting them know I think I have their keys and left my phone number. I wouldn't really bother, but key fobs to cars are SO expensive to replace these days, that I would want someone to track me down if I lost mine!
Did I mention that the replacement cost of the key fob that I recently lost was a mind boggling $400.00. Technology is grand, but, when one considers that you used to be able to get a replacement key made at any hardware store for a couple of bucks it becomes a love/hate relationship. I appreciate technology until it costs me that much, then I love the good old days.

Rista1313

Did I mention that the replacement cost of the key fob that I recently lost was a mind boggling $400.00. Technology is grand, but, when one considers that you used to be able to get a replacement key made at any hardware store for a couple of bucks it becomes a love/hate relationship. I appreciate technology until it costs me that much, then I love the good old days.
Agreed!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Lady called me again at 7am... english was not her first language.. I repeated where I found the keys about 20 times... and told her I would put them in her mail box after work today.
A few weeks ago I took the lazy way out when I found a debit card at the ATM. Seeing it was the weekend I took it to the police station granted it was in the next town to where I was because the local one keeps business hours and the larger one covers both towns full time

StarWarsGirl

Yep! I'm not even going on the site at all. People keep messaging me about what deals did I find and I'm over here a peasant who needs to pay bills and save for Disney, LOL
I intentionally held off on a few purchases I was planning on anyway if for no other reason than to get the 6% back on my prime visa.

Dry shampoo, sneaker deodorizer, vitamin D...such exciting stuff. Not.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's supposed to be in the 90's today, hot and humid. But that's fine, I'll just remember all the subzero temps and piles of snow we had this past winter and enjoy the heat. :happy: My dog is having a little bit of a difficult time with the heat though the last few days. She wants to be on the porch or outside but then starts panting really hard so I have to take her inside to cool off. And she really wants to be outside, I have had to carry her inside a couple times because she doesn't want to be inside!

Rista1313

It's supposed to be in the 90's today, hot and humid. But that's fine, I'll just remember all the subzero temps and piles of snow we had this past winter and enjoy the heat. :happy: My dog is having a little bit of a difficult time with the heat though the last few days. She wants to be on the porch or outside but then starts panting really hard so I have to take her inside to cool off. And she really wants to be outside, I have had to carry her inside a couple times because she doesn't want to be inside!

She needs a little doggy personal air conditioner out there!

Rista1313

A few weeks ago I took the lazy way out when I found a debit card at the ATM. Seeing it was the weekend I took it to the police station granted it was in the next town to where I was because the local one keeps business hours and the larger one covers both towns full time

Do you think they will actually track the owner down? Most likely they will just destroy it. =/

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
She needs a little doggy personal air conditioner out there!

I've thought about bring out a fan for her. Today though there seems to be a nice breeze and she is doing okay now. Although our neighbors across the street are fixing up their house to sell and they are very active today, that gets her worked up because she is the neighborhood busybody and needs to watched them and bark at them too. :D

Goofyernmost

Wow! That was interesting. You always have such good stories!! :joyfull:

As for moi, it was my urologist that pushed the water, as I was very prone to UTIs. And, I was developing allergies to some major antibiotics--due to multiple prescriptions for these--down through the years. So as an important preventative measure, I follow his suggested routine daily. It has been extremely helpful to me.

Now as for lubricating (shoulders, hips, knees, etc.) joints, many medical people agree on that one, too. From what I was told recently, it is more important for older people to up their water (or liquid, fruit, milk, juice, soy milk -- whatever, etc.) intake specifically for this reason.

It may be that individual results vary on all the above, so I can only attest what has worked for me. :happy:
Urologist directed... OK. Totally understandable. Drinking a 55 gallon drum of water everyday because someone, probably heavily invested in large drummed water stock, says we should, can be more harmful then helpful. Unless otherwise medically advised, drink when thirsty. Let your body tell you when it needs water... it will indeed do that. JMHO... well mine and a few others that would know.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Urologist directed... OK. Totally understandable. Drinking a 55 gallon drum of water everyday because someone, probably heavily invested in large drummed water stock, says we should, can be more harmful then helpful. Unless otherwise medically advised, drink when thirsty. Let your body tell you when it needs water... it will indeed do that. JMHO... well mine and a few others that would know.

I agree with this but not the methodology. IMO drink when you can see yellow when you pee. Your body might not tell you you're thirsty, or you might misunderstand that signal and think hungry. But there's no denying the color of your urine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom