The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

We all have our talents. :) Hubs is good with car mechanics. He's managed to keep our 2007 car on the road for over 5 years now (we bought it used back then--mileage was low, so a reasonable purchase). Anyway, a month ago he took it into the state inspection station to get the state sticker for this year, and everything passed, except for 1-2 sensors (connected to emissions regulations) not reading data into the inspection computer. Ugh! He got a temporary (60 day temporary sticker only, which gives the driver 2 months to fix the problem, or the car gets declined).

So Saturday, he worked 11 hours on a bunch of things to upgrade, but still couldn't find any actual problem with these 1-2 sensors. Brought it back in yesterday morning, (hoping that some other work he did would help), and those sensors were still not "reading data". As a last dash idea, he then drove it over 150 miles to see if the computer might pick up new data (from the mileage). Went back to the inspection garage once again at 4:30 PM -- and voila!!! The sensors "read" in the authorized figures and the car passed full inspection! :joyfull: He just saved us from either buying a new car or leasing a new one. Way to go, hubs!!! :happy:

Yep, have had to do that one time each with my 2 most recent older vehicles.
Last car took over 100 miles of driving for everything to reset, the one I’m driving now took only a little over 50 miles of driving to reset.
You’d think, in this day and age, it would all reset immediately after things were remedied, but, for some reason the computer/system has to “think it through”.
It’s like they’re all related to this guy...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

F29D30D4-7924-460F-AA72-A1D947916D74.jpeg

21stamps

One chit chat thread mom I haven't "seen" recently is @21stamps . Happy Mothers day to you!
Happy Mother’s Day @dryerlintfan. Hope you and A have a great day!
Happy Mother’s Day @21stamps . Hope you and T have a sporting good day.

Thank you! Sunday was mostly full of cold and rainy time at soccer games.. but I loved every second of it! Their coach bought red roses for the moms, kids ran them over to us just before the first game started. ❤️ We did have a brunch and then went out to dinner, so it wasn’t all soccer.

Hope all the Mommas in the Chit Chat Thread had a wonderful weekend!

donaldtoo

No, they actually did use it, they bleeped out that comment that Vicki Lawrence made at the end. I remember watching that particular show. The only thing that ever got a bigger laugh was when Carol came down the stairs wearing the curtains complete with the curtain rods.

Yep, and now I have the need to post a pic of
that “Went with the Wind” dress again...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D

98E9945D-C20D-4EE7-8CA0-6B27DA47CBE8.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This is a friend of mine that I’ve kept in touch with from a defunct WDW WEBSITE I played on for years and years.

I’ve held him in my heart for years as he is a special young man. He is a Veteran of Iraq War and a POW for awhile. It had lasting effects in his well-being. Mind over matter he pulled himself together a few years ago determined it was no longer going to rule his life. He enrolled in a University majoring In Human Services with aspirations of becoming a social worker with intentions of helping fellow veterans suffering through post traumatic disorders and depression. And in a few short days he will walk the stage as he reached his goal. I am so proud of him.

B54157F8-4C81-460D-B02D-B86260BE1F8C.jpeg

Here is to all of our veterans that give and gave so much. God love ya all :inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, have had to do that one time each with my 2 most recent older vehicles.
Last car took over 100 miles of driving for everything to reset, the one I’m driving now took only a little over 50 miles of driving to reset.
You’d think, in this day and age, it would all reset immediately after things were remedied, but, for some reason the computer/system has to “think it through”.
It’s like they’re all related to this guy...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

View attachment 372423

Yah, it's all just crazy with the computers that the state uses, for the past 2 years or so. The mechanics in the repair shops don't like them either, because they know the readings can sometimes be wonky. Adding to that, now the state just pays these guys a flat yearly rate for the inspections, versus in the past when each individual garage could charge it's own rate (nothing outrageous, but they did better with their own billing). And I don't believe that there was any discounted rate for the customers, when the state took over either. So it appears as though it's just the state getting a better deal here, by flat rating the garages.

(Not that I support going over the speed limit), but he said he had to really boot it (80) in some (very low traffic) wide open, straight-aways on a highway way out in the western part of the state, to attempt to kick start the sensors to "read" data. It's nuts that (some) cars have to go through this lunacy for an emissions passing grade. (Note: we also could have had the 2 sensors replaced, but what if that didn't work either?) My point here is that the car is perfectly safe to drive -- last year we put in $1,800 for brakes and front end work, and everything is fine--and yet, if that sensor thing failed, the car would not be allowed on the road! Tell me this new system makes any sense??!! :banghead:

Rista1313

Yah, it's all just crazy with the computers that the state uses, for the past 2 years or so. The mechanics in the repair shops don't like them either, because they know the readings can sometimes be wonky. Adding to that, now the state just pays these guys a flat yearly rate for the inspections, versus in the past when each individual garage could charge it's own rate (nothing outrageous, but they did better with their own billing). And I don't believe that there was any discounted rate for the customers, when the state took over either. So it appears as though it's just the state getting a better deal here, by flat rating the garages.

(Not that I support going over the speed limit), but he said he had to really boot it (80) in some (very low traffic) wide open, straight-aways on a highway way out in the western part of the state, to attempt to kick start the sensors to "read" data. It's nuts that (some) cars have to go through this lunacy for an emissions passing grade. (Note: we also could have had the 2 sensors replaced, but what if that didn't work either?) My point here is that the car is perfectly safe to drive -- last year we put in $1,800 for brakes and front end work, and everything is fine--and yet, if that sensor thing failed, the car would not be allowed on the road! Tell me this new system makes any sense??!! :banghead:

So glad the legislature in Michigan is totally against this whole emissions testing thing.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

We get a lot of trouble with sensors and exhaust filtering systems locally because the car doesn't get hot enough to properly utilise the cat or dpf system

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom