The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We all have our talents. :) Hubs is good with car mechanics. He's managed to keep our 2007 car on the road for over 5 years now (we bought it used back then--mileage was low, so a reasonable purchase). Anyway, a month ago he took it into the state inspection station to get the state sticker for this year, and everything passed, except for 1-2 sensors (connected to emissions regulations) not reading data into the inspection computer. Ugh! He got a temporary (60 day temporary sticker only, which gives the driver 2 months to fix the problem, or the car gets declined).

So Saturday, he worked 11 hours on a bunch of things to upgrade, but still couldn't find any actual problem with these 1-2 sensors. Brought it back in yesterday morning, (hoping that some other work he did would help), and those sensors were still not "reading data". As a last dash idea, he then drove it over 150 miles to see if the computer might pick up new data (from the mileage). Went back to the inspection garage once again at 4:30 PM -- and voila!!! The sensors "read" in the authorized figures and the car passed full inspection! :joyfull: He just saved us from either buying a new car or leasing a new one. Way to go, hubs!!! :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

We all have our talents. :) Hubs is good with car mechanics. He's managed to keep our 2007 car on the road for over 5 years now (we bought it used back then--mileage was low, so a reasonable purchase). Anyway, a month ago he took it into the state inspection station to get the state sticker for this year, and everything passed, except for 1-2 sensors (connected to emissions regulations) not reading data into the inspection computer. Ugh! He got a temporary (60 day temporary sticker only, which gives the driver 2 months to fix the problem, or the car gets declined).

So Saturday, he worked 11 hours on a bunch of things to upgrade, but still couldn't find any actual problem with these 1-2 sensors. Brought it back in yesterday morning, (hoping that some other work he did would help), and those sensors were still not "reading data". As a last dash idea, he then drove it over 150 miles to see if the computer might pick up new data (from the mileage). Went back to the inspection garage once again at 4:30 PM -- and voila!!! The sensors "read" in the authorized figures and the car passed full inspection! :joyfull: He just saved us from either buying a new car or leasing a new one. Way to go, hubs!!! :happy:
That is good news for sure.

THE Monorail Lime

Nearly followed, an Alabama news station, then I realized.. that it would give me more anxiety..(my best friend lives there). But I’m getting better at coping with my anxiety, I can’t worry if they don’t reply right away, people have lives unlike me.

FutureCEO

Moonlight Magic at Epcot was nice. Free fast food meal with a fountain drink. Free Mickey ears ice cream.

10 min wait for Soarin and walk on for Mission Space. Frozen and Test Track was almost am hour wait though. They had characters from the movie Fantasia and Tron. However the fireworks were amazing. Now you know where all the DVC money goes. The final was a big white bang (seriously, it turned to daytime for a few seconds) with shell cases falling all around us. The fireworks smoke was all the way to the front of the park.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Nearly followed, an Alabama news station, then I realized.. that it would give me more anxiety..(my best friend lives there). But I’m getting better at coping with my anxiety, I can’t worry if they don’t reply right away, people have lives unlike me.

I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything, but you might benefit from meditation and mindfulness. Worry doesn't change situations. Mindfulness meditation can help you live more in the moment and worry less about things outside of your control.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything, but you might benefit from meditation and mindfulness. Worry doesn't change situations. Mindfulness meditation can help you live more in the moment and worry less about things outside of your control.
She is totally correct @BB8_Rolls_into_Epcot . I found this great video yesterday that can help as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom