The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Glad you made it there and back safe. How did it go?
All I know, was the first dance came in 4th overall. Quite an achievement, since this group only does the one competition, and is more community outreach. I really want to know how the other 2 did, but I guess I have to wait until tomorrow. We left before those awards, because the snow was still coming down.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good luck with your commute today!

Thanks for the well wishes, but unfortunately, it was a disaster. The early highway bus was a no show, (for 6:30 AM, and I was there 10 minutes early at that . . . ). Then it started to pour right at that time. My bus app said it would be another 28 minutes before the next bus would come. I had an umbrella. so I walked to the city hall area to wait for the bus there, as there's an overhang from the roof which helps a bit.

Unfortunately, the city hall area had flooded (and was worse under the overhang). So I waited out on the sidewalk with my feet under about 3 inches of water. Oh yah--there was thunder and lightning -- and I kinda felt like a beacon for a lightning strike, standing in moving water, holding a metal handle umbrella. :jawdrop: :p

MySmallWorldof4

All I know, was the first dance came in 4th overall. Quite an achievement, since this group only does the one competition, and is more community outreach. I really want to know how the other 2 did, but I guess I have to wait until tomorrow. We left before those awards, because the snow was still coming down.
That’s awesome! Good for them! Stinks about the snow. Glad we are not getting any.

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks for the well wishes, but unfortunately, it was a disaster. The early highway bus was a no show, (for 6:30 AM, and I was there 10 minutes early at that . . . ). Then it started to pour right at that time. My bus app said it would be another 28 minutes before the next bus would come. I had an umbrella. so I walked to the city hall area to wait for the bus there, as there's an overhang from the roof which helps a bit.

Unfortunately, the city hall area had flooded (and was worse under the overhang). So I waited out on the sidewalk with my feet under about 3 inches of water. Oh yah--there was thunder and lightning -- and I kinda felt like a beacon for a lightning strike, standing in moving water, holding a metal handle umbrella. :jawdrop::p
Oh no! So sorry. You need Jack to draw you a bath. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Actually, no -- the Paris firefighters (and also U.S. firefighters backed them up on this) said that the weight of the water on those planes, when dropped, would cause the structure to collapse.
It is a shame they could not have retrofitted it with sprinklers years ago. It will be a different feeling seeing gargoyle in the France pavilion on our next trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The French will rebuild it just like they did after 2 world wars.

Yah right. A few nails and beams from Home Depot should do it.

:hilarious:

(Side note: I'm not familar with how much damage there was after the wars--wondering if it was as extensive as the fire damage today. Seems to me like today's damage was more extensive than ever before. I imagine if they can save most of the actual structure, they might be able to build it up again. Isn't the outside made up mostly of stone?

MySmallWorldof4

Yah right. A few nails and beams from Home Depot should do it.

:hilarious:

(Side note: I'm not familar with how much damage there was after the wars--wondering if it was as extensive as the fire damage today. Seems to me like today's damage was more extensive than ever before. I imagine if they can save most of the actual structure, they might be able to build it up again. Isn't the outside made up mostly of stone?
Spoke to my stepdad (who is German), about this just a few minutes ago. He said the Germans purposely did not burn Paris or cause any damage to it or the cathedral. He said Hitler did want to destroy it, but a German general made sure Paris was not harmed in WW2.

Goofyernmost

Thank goodness there is a southern gentleman on this thread that has seniority on me 😂😂😂😂😂
I'm not sure who (or possibly whom) y'all are speaking about, but if I'm not the oldest on this board, I am pretty damned close to it. At my age pretty much the only accomplishment I can have is to be older then everybody. Don't take away my reason for living. 👴

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Marathon Day today . . . lots of spectators taking the day off from work or school, as well as tourists, will only add to the Monday morning commuting debacle into the city. I'll have to leave home even earlier than usual. :depressed:

Supposed to pour rain, too, and that's not good for the runners out in Hopkinton. Hopefully, it will let up a bit at some point during the race later on, so the runners don't have to get completely drenched for the entire 26.2 miles!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom