The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I have a feeling that is what happened here. The only thing that seemed to be on the edge of the fall was shortly after I moved here the knocked down a large section of the retail space and put in a big play area for the little kids. It actually was done in conjunction with the opening of D&B's. Even to today, the noise in that area is incredible. For some reason kids now have a form of communication of piercing screaming that can shatter glass. That cut down on a lot of the childless adult traffic. I swear it is painful to walk by there, and as usually the "moms" just sit and smile at how vocal their little tyke is. One wing had a train that gave rides for just $2.00 per person and another wing with a full sized merry go round. It became an indoor children's playground.

Anyway, back to you original statement. Everything, everything was far more expensive there then any of the other stores around and way more expensive then the internet. So it swiftly evolved into a haven for kids and mall walkers, none of which buy anything.
Is it a Simon owned mall? Ours was.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Having other parents you can relate to and who aren’t too competitive with each other is great. I cannot say the same sadly. I get along great with a couple of parents on my kid’s team. The other parents, eh. One is super annoying. She thinks her could should be the center of everything. There are 4 girls who can be flyers on the team, mine being one. Mine happens to be like a rubber band and is super flexible. Hers is not. The coach just added some skills to the pyramid stunt for my dd to do, which she can do fine. Last practice she missed said skill, and right away this mom says, K cannot hit that so the coach should take it out. I guess she missed the last bunch of times she did get the skill? I didn’t say anything. I try and ignore it and then watch her daughter screw up a few times in the routine. I don’t say a word. This is a team sport, if she wanted her kid to stand out so much, she should have had her on the gymnastics team. I actually get along better with those parents because there is no competition between them. I know one mom who won’t even watch practice because she cannot stand the “talk” among some. I could say something to the head coach, but I do not want to open a can of worms. I feel it better to just let it go and pray that my kid can succeed in her skills so that mom can eat her words. I know the coach wouldn’t have my dd do a skill she could not do. What that mom didn’t bother to realize was, if the bases are not properly doing their jobs, she doesn’t get in the right position to do hers. Whew. Got that off my chest. :)

From the above, the one sentence that could sum up all this is, "I know the coach wouldn't have my dd do a skill she could not do." And heck, kids need to practice to perfect newer skills. For that other mother to jump on your kid and the coach was out of line.

MySmallWorldof4

I read an article about that from the granddaughter and she said she wanted people to know that it wasn't just that the coffee was hot, but that it was above industry limits. Like...there is a certain temperature that it can be, and it was way above that...almost boiling, and that the damage it caused required surgery and she almost died. So yeah....of course you expect coffee to be hot, but I guess she didn't expect it to be THAT hot.
I still find it a little hard to believe.

MySmallWorldof4

From the above, the one sentence that could sum up all this is, "I know the coach wouldn't have my dd do a skill she could not do." And heck, kids need to practice to perfect newer skills. For that other mother to jump on your kid and the coach was out of line.
Thanks. My feelings exactly. You shouldn’t be calling any kids names out. Keep it to yourself. She has no clue what is going on in the gym. We only can watch from a tv in the waiting area. No idea what the coaches are saying, and we have no perspective on positions. My dd tells me everything. She actually told me that the practice was great that day and they fully hit the routine when they did a run through. She doesn’t let the individual practice of a stunt and miss bug her.

Goofyernmost

Is it a Simon owned mall? Ours was.
I honestly don't know who owns it, but, from all indications they aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree. They recently had a chance to attach a huge Ikea Store to one end of the mall. Sort of a super anchor. It was all set to go. Ikea had put a deposit on some of the a land and were planning to tear off one wing of the current mall to attach it. Rumor has it that at the last minute "the mall" decided that it wasn't enough money and held out for more. Ikea walked away and almost instantly more bodies fell off the occupancy. I don't know how true the rumor was... the Ikea interest was confirmed, but, what messed it up remains a closely guarded secret.

However, just a thought here, maybe it was a plan to kill the mall and then Ikea could swoop in and level the mall and build their own independent, even bigger store over the gravesite. There would be plenty of room to do it and the Triangle Plus area of Raleigh, Cary, Durham and Chapel Hill has more then enough population to support it and is still growing at warp speed.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I honestly don't know who owns it, but, from all indications they aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree. They recently had a chance to attach a huge Ikea Store to one end of the mall. Sort of a super anchor. It was all set to go. Ikea had put a deposit on some of the a land and were planning to tear off one wing of the current mall to attach it. Rumor has it that at the last minute "the mall" decided that it wasn't enough money and held out for more. Ikea walked away and almost instantly more bodies fell off the occupancy. I don't know how true the rumor was... the Ikea interest was confirmed, but, what messed it up remains a closely guarded secret.

However, just a though here, maybe it was a plan to kill the mall and then Ikea could swoop in and level the mall and build their own even independent, bigger store over the gravesite. There would be plenty of room to do it and the Triangle Plus area of Raleigh, Cary, Durham and Chapel Hill has more then enough population to support it and is still growing at warp speed.

IKEA doesn't take their growth lightly. If they were interested, that mall missed out. They grow smartly and don't over saturate so they're always packed

FutureCEO

Dear Harry Potter geeks:

I watched Crimes of Grindewald and I have two questions.

1. Why is Credence a Dumbledore? Doesn't make sense.

2. Why does he have a phoenix?

3. Why do you need to go through a security person (Dover!!!) to leave the country but you can come back in anytime?

Last edited:

Figgy1

Dear Harry Potter geeks:

I watched Crimes of Grindewald and I have two questions.

1. Why is Credence a Dumbledore? Doesn't make sense.

2. Why does he have a phoenix?

3. Why do you need to go through a security person (Dover!!!) to leave the country but you can come back in anytime?
JK herself said don't assume anything that could be a lie is true, could be but then again maybe not, since when does any government action have to make sense;)

Goofyernmost

IKEA doesn't take their growth lightly. If they were interested, that mall missed out. They grow smartly and don't over saturate so they're always packed
The closest one to us here in Central NC is about 165 miles to the west of us. I can't believe that they are going to not get in this area eventually. There is a lot of money floating around this area.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

It turns out he has a canker sore. So I'm glad we went and found out it's nothing serious, but why did the weather have to be nice on the ONE day I didn't necessarily need it to be??

Glad to hear it was nothing serious...!!! :)

But, to your other point...
Because, unfortunately, and as we all know, weather doesn’t play by the rules, so this sounds very familiar...!!!!! :hilarious: ;);)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom