The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I am a very good cook. Reminder I cannot bake.

image-jpg.70850
Oops....what were they supposed to be? Most recipes I have that go into a bread pan like that are double recipes....you have to split it between 2 pans

Figgy1

Figgy1

He's fine...the teacher was able to handle it. She never did call me though. But DS seems fine and was able to tell me about it without crying, which is HUGE. A year ago he would have been crying when he came out of school. Progress! His classroom teacher said she didn't know exactly what had happened, but she was surprised when the work ahead teacher told her about it, because he hasn't had a meltdown in such a long time and he's been doing so well.
I'd say major progress:inlove:

MouseDreaming

Good news! I had made a boo boo, and thought it would be fun for all 4 of us to go to a concert together. 3 days after I bought the tickets, I got the email that DD' s current dance troupe would be competing that weekend. My bad. DD was...let's just say she wasn't happy with me, when I emailed saying she wouldn't be available on Saturday evening. Just got the schedule, and all 3 of her dances will be Sunday!

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry that I just keep popping in to vent or share (eventually I’ll be able to catch up on reading more here!).. but I’m going to do it again-

This weekend’s schedule-

Friday, light day- 1 hour of volleyball practice.

Saturday- Soccer game 7:15 am.
Baseball game 2pm
Soccer game 6pm
Volleyball Game 6pm (skipping this one, obviously)

Sunday - Soccer Game 11am
Soccer game 1:30pm
Possible soccer game at 6pm (if we make the tourney finals)

All of the emails regarding volleyball signups, all said that games would be Sunday evenings. NOPE.
They had their double header last Saturday, won both games. T loved it!! Another parent took a video for me—thankfully! T had this one gorgeous serve that made the whole crowd go “oooooo” 😂😂. Hoping that continues! So sad that he has to miss this weekend’s game.

I still don’t have a baseball schedule!! Only know time for this Saturday’s game. I’m obsessively checking my email.. I still don’t know how many conflicts we’ll have!! 😡
My running around for a sports competition usually involves me driving 2 hours to get to the event, sitting for about 3-4 hours, watch my kid’s team compete for 2 1/2 minutes, wait for an awards ceremony, hope for the best, and then drive 2 or so hours home. :)
Glad T is doing well at volleyball even with the lack of practices. He is probably a natural when it comes to sports.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm sure no one cares and I would be concerned if you were, but, J.C. Penney's one of the 5 original anchor stores in our local mall is going out of business. They are following Macy's and Sears out. Plus side note is I got a $60.00 swing waffle maker for $20.00. The other bad news is 8 years ago when I moved here it was a full mall. All kinds of brand names in there. Today out of 81 possible store fronts, 44 are gone or on the way out the door. It is really sad to watch a mall die, but, it is just barely on life support now. Go back to whatever we were talking about before I gave you this important news flash.
Sounds like the mall by me. I know a woman that used to work in our dead mall. She said it had always been busy. Then the rents started becoming ludicrous and stores just decided to move out. So less people went there, less foot traffic made it harder for other stores to make rent, so they left, creating even less foot traffic. It is sad to watch a mall die.

MySmallWorldof4

I think the stroller thread is just as bad if not worse. God help us with helicopter parents.

And lawnmower parents...new term apparently but fits Americans to the point. (cough college scandal cough)
Our trip in May will be our second trip without a stroller. When we used one it was just a rented double stroller. Nothing ludicrously big. Just something for the kids to sit in or lay in if they were tired. It sure wasn’t these tanks that seem to have become the new norm. But my problem is, is that Disney just started renting these pretty big wagons themselves last year.

MySmallWorldof4

I had to laugh yesterday....I was watching Full House, and it was the episode where Jesse and Becky are trying to get Nicky and Alex into the prestigious preschool and Jesse lies on the application, saying he's an ambassador, the children are bilingual, and proficient on the bassoon. And Becky is the one who says she has to be honest....that Jesse "embellished" a bit to make the kids look more advanced than they actually were.
Oh the irony! :hilarious:

21stamps

My running around for a sports competition usually involves me driving 2 hours to get to the event, sitting for about 3-4 hours, watch my kid’s team compete for 2 1/2 minutes, wait for an awards ceremony, hope for the best, and then drive 2 or so hours home. :)
Glad T is doing well at volleyball even with the lack of practices. He is probably a natural when it comes to sports.

I bet the 2.5 minutes makes it worth it! Whew, long day though!!!

I do want to say something positive here for once lol... I realized that with all the hectic days, what makes my schedule feel easy or exciting is that I have been extremely lucky with the parents on T’s sports teams.. my indoor team had their last game last weekend, we all went to lunch as a group after. Everyone had a great time, I was sad to see it end (but also relieved!)
I love the volleyball parents too.
Both of those teams are school teams though, so I know the parents.

With soccer, we have an amazing group right now which is almost unheard of in club soccer. Everyone is super friendly and we don’t have any parents who are ultra-intense or think their kid is a superstar.
Here’s a message from a half hour ago... I just now read it and cracked up 😂

I really feel so blessed to have such a great group, I hope the bulk of this team stays together next season!!!!!

A friend of mine who’s son is in the same club, but one birth year up, they’re leaving after this season.. not because of the club pulling shady stuff like they did this past Fall, but because she just can’t stand being around the team parents any more. She said they’re too intense and not friendly, and too many think their kid is the next Messi.
I’m hoping we stay on the same luck that we’ve been having when it comes to parents!
I don’t know anyone at baseball yet, but the coaches are great and were extremely welcoming, so I’m thinking there will be at least a few who are the same. :)

Goofyernmost

Sounds like the mall by me. I know a woman that used to work in our dead mall. She said it had always been busy. Then the rents started becoming ludicrous and stores just decided to move out. So less people went there, less foot traffic made it harder for other stores to make rent, so they left, creating even less foot traffic. It is sad to watch a mall die.
I have a feeling that is what happened here. The only thing that seemed to be on the edge of the fall was shortly after I moved here the knocked down a large section of the retail space and put in a big play area for the little kids. It actually was done in conjunction with the opening of D&B's. Even to today, the noise in that area is incredible. For some reason kids now have a form of communication of piercing screaming that can shatter glass. That cut down on a lot of the childless adult traffic. I swear it is painful to walk by there, and as usually the "moms" just sit and smile at how vocal their little tyke is. One wing had a train that gave rides for just $2.00 per person and another wing with a full sized merry go round. It became an indoor children's playground.

Anyway, back to you original statement. Everything, everything was far more expensive there then any of the other stores around and way more expensive then the internet. So it swiftly evolved into a haven for kids and mall walkers, none of which buy anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom