The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Janir

So,... when I bought our APs I was planning on taking two trips on them which already saved me money. But they also get you 10% off at all your dining choices, and a merchandise discount as well. Plus photopass is included to that money is also a savings if you were planning on getting that.
Thank you!!

I did some math on AP vs two sets of tickets and roughly the break-even comes doing two trips of about 4 days each (in one year) against the Platinum pass, with Park hopper on the 4 day tix. PhotoPAss not calculated in. Add that and the break even is more like a 4 and 3 day trip.
Math: Using April 30 as a starting point. 4 days tix costs $469, two trips = $938 AP Plat $894
Start adding in Park Hopper and PhotoPass costs and that you get 10% discounts and AP get easier to cost justify if you can do two trips in one calendar year. Math gets even better for Gold Passes for FL residents and DVC owners and doing more than 2 trips.
And really, who's gonna plan 2 trips to WDW and not do more than a 4 days anyway? :p

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I did some math on AP vs two sets of tickets and roughly the break-even comes doing two trips of about 4 days each (in one year) against the Platinum pass, with Park hopper on the 4 day tix. PhotoPAss not calculated in. Add that and the break even is more like a 4 and 3 day trip.
Math: Using April 30 as a starting point. 4 days tix costs $469, two trips = $938 AP Plat $894
Start adding in Park Hopper and PhotoPass costs and that you get 10% discounts and AP get easier to cost justify if you can do two trips in one calendar year. Math gets even better for Gold Passes for FL residents and DVC owners and doing more than 2 trips.
And really, who's gonna plan 2 trips to WDW and not do more than a 4 days anyway? :p

But in this case she's comparing an AP against a single 8 day trip.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sort of like what they do with men's large sizes. For some reason they have envisioned that if you are a little thick around the waste that your ankles are the size of redwood trees. I can't imagine how big bell bottoms would be. No taper at all. Just straight down tubes. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy tailored clothes.
Just mail them to @figmentfan423 :inlove:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
OK, I can't seem to find an appropriate forum for this question, so I'm hoping someone here can answer my question. Can you upgrade a Disney Package ticket to Annual passholder? If so, how to you find out the price difference?
Yup. You can upgrade any time before you use the last day of the ticket. You can view AP prices on the website; for the exact upgrade price, I'd call Disney.

MySmallWorldof4

Cesar R M

PS, I knew I had little chance. Since DCL is a small company, they always tend to rotate their own experienced staff constantly. Even with my extensive experience. It means nothing if your opponents have 2+ years of sea legs plus extensive experience in cruises.

edit
I found that almost every single job now seems to have this "chicken or egg" issue.
To get the job.. they ask for experience.. to get experience.. you have to get THAT job. :rolleyes:

so new goals.. I'm going to fish for all certificates I an get in terms of knowledge of I.T. in the next months and see how it pushes me forward.
I swear I miss the days where you could prove with YOUR hardwork and via recommendations that you can do something. Now you have to pay to have a third person say that you're "good enough" to have a paper (aka it became a business).

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Boooo, I got the dreaded " no longer in consideration". There goes my chance with DCL :(
I’m sorry 😐.

Try the Public Universities and the Private Universities in more liberal states that embrace diversity and individuals with disabilities. Even the For Profit Universities in Liberal areas hire immigrating staff and instructors. It is easier for immigration attorneys to plea green cards for there is a shortage in your field as there is a gap now waiting to be filled in the Corporate field.

My Sis is a Corporate Immigration attorney and still is successful in placing for Corporations and Institutional organizations

Just be careful where you apply as not to get discouraged cause you are not wrong there is a strong tone by a large percentage here stereotyping people from your country Trying to change that by demonstrating what you can do you’ll still likely hit that Wall anyhow.
But seeing the staff my DD has experienced in the last 10 years there are still so many with open minds

Best of Luck my friend

donaldtoo

Honestly it has been blown way out of proportion by a few members.

Obviously I wouldn’t know as I’ve never been a premium member, and that is why I posted “might” be saying. I do know that during all the fun last Friday a current member posted that they were also a premium member at one point and were a bit shocked by some of the posts over there.
And, as I posted, it really doesn’t matter to me one way or another, as that kind of stuff doesn’t get me all butt-hurt anyway, and even if it did there’s nothin’ I can do about it, so why get all twisted up over it?
Whatever does or doesn’t go on over there, I have no dog in the fight and couldn’t care less, but, I just thought the whole 2-thread rant-fest was too ridiculously over-the-top and funny, and couldn’t resist playing in the one...!!!!! :hilarious::cautious:;):hilarious::)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom