The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

So after our New Orleans trip I wrote Southwest a complaint letter... I never mentioned it, but we were there the required 2 hours early, we waiting in line at the ticket counter for over 45 minutes... there was no one directing the line, and no one to ask for a wheelchair for hubby.. so he stood in line in pain for 45 minutes.... it was not good. Anyway... so I complained, and they wrote a letter, basically saying they were ADA compliant and that I should have known that I could have Scott sit down, and I could go up in line for him... ok fine... They are setting us up with a $75 each for our inconvenience. I don't know whether to be happy with this... or not. I mean, I guess our time isn't worth much more than that... and I figured they would just credit some points to the account... so I should be happy with this right?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So after our New Orleans trip I wrote Southwest a complaint letter... I never mentioned it, but we were there the required 2 hours early, we waiting in line at the ticket counter for over 45 minutes... there was no one directing the line, and no one to ask for a wheelchair for hubby.. so he stood in line in pain for 45 minutes.... it was not good. Anyway... so I complained, and they wrote a letter, basically saying they were ADA compliant and that I should have known that I could have Scott sit down, and I could go up in line for him... ok fine... They are setting us up with a $75 each for our inconvenience. I don't know whether to be happy with this... or not.

Sounds like a double meaning response. On the one hand, they sort of threw a dig at you for (you should have known) you could have let Scott sit down, while you stood in line).

On the other hand, they said, o.k. here is $75 for each of you for your inconvenience.

Neither offered an apology, or some reference to basic compassion. I think that would have meant a lot more to you and Scott than the $75 gift vouchers.

Rista1313

Sounds like a double meaning response. On the one hand, they sort of threw a dig at you for (you should have known) you could have let Scott sit down, while you stood in line).

On the other hand, they said, o.k. here is $75 for each of you for your inconvenience.

Neither offered an apology, or some reference to basic compassion. I think that would have meant a lot more to you and Scott than the $75 gift vouchers.

They did throw an apology in that said they were sorry for our stressful situation. I mean... I should be happy that they gave us anything at all. But I feel like they didn't investigate WHY this happened.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have only one check that I write each month and that is my apartment complex utility charges. That is because if I direct my bank to pay it for me (no charge) I have to adjust the amount every time. So I might just as well write a check and drop at the office. Otherwise it is all online payments. The rent I pay via a back payment because even though the complex has it's own 'pay online' system they charge $4.00 to use it. I'll be damned if I am going to pay someone to have access to my money. They are the only ones that I have ever run across that charges extra to have a guaranteed payment every month. Oh, well.

I understand that. I know a lot of businesses started with a charge to pay online but the vast majority stopped that. My DD apartment is owned by an 80+ elderly gentleman. I've known his DD and children all the years we have lived here. He is still a professor at a Major University in Chicago, still and yet still old school. He has a mailbox attached to the backdoor of his home. Rent checks get slipped into that mailbox. No stamps necessary because it isn't the US mailbox of his home. He owns every home but one in 2 blocks of the historical district in the heart of our tiny town. Many have asked why he doesn't move to online payments and he replies why, what for. This has always worked well.

Gabe1

My DD and I were in a small mall this afternoon when she received a call from the firm she had interviewed with at the end of last week, she answered and left the store we were in. The world of cell phones.

I glanced at her follow up interview out the wide entrance to the store, with some questions they had. We were at the end of that wing and the circle didn't have benches just a round brick wall. There she was speaking with a prospective new firm while sitting cross legged on the floor against the brick wall. 'Times we are a chang'in. A whole new world day. :)

Gabe1

He gets everything by mail. And it's caused problems because of vacations when a statement hasn't come and then it's due. There's been several trips in recent memory where I've been home and he's had me mail in a credit card payment because the statement didn't come. And every time, I say to him, "Ya know Dad, if you did this online, it wouldn't be an issue." And he still won't do it, in spite of the anxiety he gets over it. He's generally distrustful of technology. He thinks if he doesn't use online banking and such that hackers will never be able to steal his identity. I've pointed out that he shops online and all of his credit card numbers are out there, not to mention that the bank definitely has his information stored electronically. My bank's website is so tightly secured that it's rather annoying. He still doesn't believe me. Ironically, though, he does basically all of his shopping online. And enjoys the benefits of my Amazon Prime account.:rolleyes:

Of course, I cleaned his computer last week and given the state of it, he probably shouldn't be doing anything with a computer.🤦 I mean, he had files just sitting out in his filing system, not in a folder. Some from as far back as 2010. And then he was leaving his computer unlocked all the time. I finally got him to stop doing that. I said, "Dad, you have confidential information on here. You're signed into a bunch of accounts. Do you really want that information stolen because you refuse to type in a four digit passcode?" He now enters his passcode, and I can't believe I was successful.

We use a rural bank as it is one of the most financially sound in the state. There online banking is painful as they are beyond careful. Every single month passwords and pins must be changed and no pin or password can be reused for 6 months. It genuinely hurts my brain to keep track of the ever changing passwords/pins.

MySmallWorldof4

So after our New Orleans trip I wrote Southwest a complaint letter... I never mentioned it, but we were there the required 2 hours early, we waiting in line at the ticket counter for over 45 minutes... there was no one directing the line, and no one to ask for a wheelchair for hubby.. so he stood in line in pain for 45 minutes.... it was not good. Anyway... so I complained, and they wrote a letter, basically saying they were ADA compliant and that I should have known that I could have Scott sit down, and I could go up in line for him... ok fine... They are setting us up with a $75 each for our inconvenience. I don't know whether to be happy with this... or not. I mean, I guess our time isn't worth much more than that... and I figured they would just credit some points to the account... so I should be happy with this right?
Ugh. I fon’t know if you should be happy. Sure the credit was nice, but they also could have apologized for there being no staff member available for 45 minutes. Instead they seemed to have scolded you for not bringing him to a bench to sit down, when as far as I knew, all who are flying need to be present at a counter.

MySmallWorldof4

Just realized I basically said the same thing!

Figgy1

Premium Member
They did throw an apology in that said they were sorry for our stressful situation. I mean... I should be happy that they gave us anything at all. But I feel like they didn't investigate WHY this happened.
That's not only a sad situation for you but a violation of the law. If something happens like that again with another company tag them on IG and twitter as soon as/as it is happening. Most larger companies monitor social media;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom