The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Anyone who collects Disney dinnerware

These are the 2018 plates. Stoneware not plastic. If I am remembering correctly they had been priced around $15 each.

Have seen these at Home Goods and Marshals. Now $4.99 each The chain must have purchased the remainder of the lot

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He seemed to have settled down last night (or we wouldn’t have gone to dinner. One of B’s best friends was in town from Atlanta and leaving today.) He has COPD and an oxygen tank. But he gets scared and B calms him down. For some reason his wife can’t. So then she gets scared, too, and wants him to come over.

As much as we want to be helpful, it feels a little manipulative sometimes (especially on her part) and they have no regard for our work schedules. (B just went in - he’s doing 17 long days in a row for the Miami Open tennis tournament - very bad for his “diabetic feet,” and he will be exhausted.

I’m going to check in with him before I go to work, but I don’t know as much. (B was an EMT.)

Just got home from work and read your response. Your last sentence explained a lot -- Brian was an EMT. I really think that's a big part of why his parents call him over, when his father is having some breathing difficulty. Plus, I'm assuming they "might"? be elderly, and perhaps "might" be less able to deal with any (perceived or real) crisis as a result of his COPD.

Or, as you say, it may also be part manipulation on their part to just get him over there. (And if he's not available, they're happy to contact you. ;) )

Tough situation all around though, as it's hard to know when it could be an actual emergency. And you're both working very long days on top of all this. My heart goes out to all of you, trying to sort through this. I've dealt with elderly parents in the past, and it really takes a lot of patience at times. And sometimes even with your best efforts, you end up feeling helpless.

Gabe1

On the eve of my birthday tomorrow I chose this restaurant meal 😋View attachment 357669

Well Happy Birthday Eve! My Birthday is early next month and the last two years I chose Mexican Restaurants also. 2 years ago at Uncle Julio's and last year at Chewy's both were awesome. Actually last year we celebrated my Birthday and then that into May was the Month I spent at Disney so I had dueling Birthday Dinners 'cause why not?

Hope you have a wondrous Birthday!

tumblr_oau4qvdXgG1v90iu0o1_500.gif

SteveBrickNJ

Well Happy Birthday Eve! My Birthday is early next month and the last two years I chose Mexican Restaurants also. 2 years ago at Uncle Julio's and last year at Chewy's both were awesome. Actually last year we celebrated my Birthday and then that into May was the Month I spent at Disney so I had dueling Birthday Dinners 'cause why not?

Hope you have a wondrous Birthday!

tumblr_oau4qvdXgG1v90iu0o1_500.gif
Thank you :)

Gabe1

He seemed to have settled down last night (or we wouldn’t have gone to dinner. One of B’s best friends was in town from Atlanta and leaving today.) He has COPD and an oxygen tank. But he gets scared and B calms him down. For some reason his wife can’t. So then she gets scared, too, and wants him to come over.

As much as we want to be helpful, it feels a little manipulative sometimes (especially on her part) and they have no regard for our work schedules. (B just went in - he’s doing 17 long days in a row for the Miami Open tennis tournament - very bad for his “diabetic feet,” and he will be exhausted.

I’m going to check in with him before I go to work, but I don’t know as much. (B was an EMT.)

Oh Boy. Been there. My MIL 'used' my FIL age an illness as a manipulation, frequently for over 20 years, my FIL did not. My FIL passed and then my MIL started up. Her children, 3 boys got sick of it and put her in an assisted living center. Boy was she surprised and that is where she remains.

My Dad who has now passed actually didn't want me to know when something was going badly until he had it straight in his head what was happening. My Mom on the other hand out of the blue would call me up I need you to go to 'hospital X' right now...your father..... Since my Dad passed I now get those phone calls of I NEED YOU to take me here, or for this test, or wake, funeral....It is over an hour to her, hour back and wherever else I'm being dragged. :rolleyes: It takes a toll.

I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom