The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Ever thought about not getting the DDP and paying out of pocket?

That way, you can share entrees, if someone wants two appetizers as an entree, you can do that, and you can find dessert later if you don't like the restaurant offerings. And no wasted food!
You can share entrees on the DDP, everywhere but @ Via Napoli. Tammy and I do it on every trip.

Here's the thing - I'm cheap with the little things, not the big things.
Paying for DDP (for 3) upfront, will still allow us to pay OOP for apps to split, an extra meal, etc.
I know me - if we we were 100% OOP, I would order the cheapest thing on the menu, and fret if others did not do so also.
It's me, I know! It's nuts, I know! But truly, I would be resentful.

If however, the bulk of the food was paid for up front, then someone can go ahead and order the $42 steak on the DDP, and I'll have the $22 chicken OOP.

Here's the damage:
Room #1 - 3 people, 10 nights @ Coronado Springs, 10 PH + waterpark, with regular dining - $5158.38 USD
Room #2 - 2 people, as above, NO dining - $2712.10 USD

Hubby says to heck with flying, we'll rent a van and drive; saving $3000 on flights/rental car. (Tammy said she's never flying again anyway, after last year's flight home. I said "valium".)

Even though we should be flush with cash by the end of the summer, I've got other plans for that money ... remember?

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
You can share entrees on the DDP, everywhere but @ Via Napoli. Tammy and I do it on every trip.

Here's the thing - I'm cheap with the little things, not the big things.
Paying for DDP (for 3) upfront, will still allow us to pay OOP for apps to split, an extra meal, etc.
I know me - if we we were 100% OOP, I would order the cheapest thing on the menu, and fret if others did not do so also.
It's me, I know! It's nuts, I know! But truly, I would be resentful.

If however, the bulk of the food was paid for up front, then someone can go ahead and order the $42 steak on the DDP, and I'll have the $22 chicken OOP.

Here's the damage:
Room #1 - 3 people, 10 nights @ Coronado Springs, 10 PH + waterpark, with regular dining - $5158.38 USD
Room #2 - 2 people, as above, NO dining - $2712.10 USD

Hubby says to heck with flying, we'll rent a van and drive; saving $3000 on flights/rental car. (Tammy said she's never flying again anyway, after last year's flight home. I said "valium".)

Even though we should be flush with cash by the end of the summer, I've got other plans for that money ... remember?
Quite a shame that you didn't think of this last November, but...

You could have upgraded your passes to APs. They still would have been good this year. Then you would have a 10% discount on all merchandise, you might get a room only discount, and you could get Tables in Wonderland, which is a 20% card at all TS restaurants.

JenniferS

Also worthy of note, the living room flows into the dining area via a small vestibule, so an awkward transition was inevitable somewhere.

image.jpg
And reverse angle:
image.jpg

And thus ends Architecture 101/Canadian version.
It's 2:45, and I still might be unshowered and in my PJ's.

JenniferS

You could have upgraded your passes to APs. They still would have been good this year. Then you would have a 10% discount on all merchandise, you might get a room only discount, and you could get Tables in Wonderland, which is a 20% card at all TS restaurants.
True that, but we didn't plan on going back that early.
We had actually planned on returning months LATER, to do some condo shopping.

Given the ridiculously cold winter we had, zero construction went on during the past four months, so all of our closings have been delayed. This means the $$ has been delayed, so condo shopping may have to wait until the new year. :(

Cesar R M

but tables for wonderland is just for americans if I remember correctly.

Cesar R M

True that, but we didn't plan on going back that early.
We had actually planned on returning months LATER, to do some condo shopping.

Given the ridiculously cold winter we had, zero construction went on during the past four months, so all of our closings have been delayed. This means the $$ has been delayed, so condo shopping may have to wait until the new year. :(
auch! D:

sympathy like.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Also worthy of note, the living room flows into the dining area via a small vestibule, so an awkward transition was inevitable somewhere.

View attachment 88001
And reverse angle:
View attachment 88002

And thus ends Architecture 101/Canadian version.
It's 2:45, and I still might be unshowered and in my PJ's.

Thank you. I do believe this is the first ceiling tour I've ever taken! :hilarious: (Really, though, your ceilings are very attractive.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For @Cesar R M , I think your buddies in Mexico made this 11 ounce bag of Hershey Miniatures, that I bought at the supermarket last Saturday. I asked hubby to take a picture of the back of the bag for me, and it says (Mfg.) Manufactured in Mexico. (Look about 4-5 lines above the bar code from the bottom.) I found it interesting that some bags of chocolate were made here in the U.S. and some came from Mexico. O.k. Let's see if uploaded his picture correctly--fingers crossed! ;) :happy: I think if you click on the jpeg thing, it should show the picture.

Hershey's Mexico.jpg

Attachments

• Hershey's Mexico.jpg
    Hershey's Mexico.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 7

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom