The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

And, OK gang, October travel plans changed...
First it was WDW, then Europe, now another Carnival Caribbean cruise...!!!!!!! :hilarious:
Bottom line, all week-long trips...WDW $11,000-ish, Europe $9,000-ish, Carnival cruise $5,000-ish...no contest.
And, for the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with the decision...all DWifey and the kiddos planning. They just decided WDW was ridiculous, and Europe can wait until anywhere from 6 mos. to a year after our cruise.
Our dear little Emy will get to Disney, but, first she’s gonna’ see a little bit of the rest of the world...!!! ;):)
If we’re gonna’ drop that kinda’ money at WDW, DD and SonIL would like Emy to be old enough to at least have some of her own memories...!!! ;)

The Carnival cruise will be out of Galveston again, on the newest ship, the Vista...!!!!! :happy:
October 5-12, deck 9 midship, starboard with 2 adjoining staterooms with connected, openable, balcony.
Same destinations as last cruise, as DD and SonIL had to cancel because of our little bundle of Emy joy...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel...!!!!! 🛳 :D
I. CANNOT. WAIT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:;):)

Cesar R M

To be honest, I have no idea on that particular scenario.

Here's what the xfinity mobile site says:

Hey, globetrotter! If you're traveling the world, you can take Xfinity Mobile with you. With international roaming service in over 200 countries, Xfinity Mobile has you covered wherever you may roam.

There are just a couple eligibility requirements for using your phone outside of North America:

• You must have completed and paid for one Xfinity Mobile bill cycle (military personnel are exempt).
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing.
If you've met these requirements, give us a call at (888) 936-4968 to add international roaming to your account. Once it's on there, you'll need to restart your device for international roaming to take effect. It's best to take care of this before you leave for your trip so that everything is all set when you get there.

If you've already enabled international roaming, then you're all set for your next trip. International roaming will always remain on your line unless you call us to disable it.
Note that "Roaming" doesn't necessary means "fee free".
It might mean that you will have service in these countries, but roaming fees will apply.
Or have different rates per Mb or per call.

I have "international plan" in my AT&T contract.
But its "like in your home country" when I'm in CANADA or USA (I'm from Mexico).
I got signal in San Juan and Labadee but not in Sint Maarten. I also got no data on Labadee.
So it might be completely dependent on where you are.

The most reasonable thing is.. you will have full voice service.. but Data might be different.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
First it was WDW, then Europe, now another Carnival Caribbean cruise...!!!!!!! :hilarious:
Bottom line, all week-long trips...WDW $11,000-ish, Europe $9,000-ish, Carnival cruise $5,000-ish...no contest.
And, for the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with the decision...all DWifey and the kiddos planning. They just decided WDW was ridiculous, and Europe can wait until anywhere from 6 mos. to a year after our cruise.
Our dear little Emy will get to Disney, but, first she’s gonna’ see a little bit of the rest of the world...!!! ;):)
If we’re gonna’ drop that kinda’ money at WDW, DD and SonIL would like Emy to be old enough to at least have some of her own memories...!!! ;)

The Carnival cruise will be out of Galveston again, on the newest ship, the Vista...!!!!! :happy:
October 5-12, deck 9 midship, starboard with 2 adjoining staterooms with connected, openable, balcony.
Same destinations as last cruise, as DD and SonIL had to cancel because of our little bundle of Emy joy...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

What a huge difference in price!! :jawdrop: I think the cruise sounds excellent, even though it's the cheaper of the 3 options.

I was also thinking that Emy is so little, that even if you took her to WDW in October, how much would she really enjoy or remember? Thinking that if you put it off at least for another year, she might actually enjoy WDW more. (This is all speculation on my part, of course.)

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, the price difference makes for a no brainer. So that is $5000 for the whole family? Extended family included?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Freezing rain at about 7am here, maybe a flurry Thursday and then not getting above freezing for the weekend. :(

This is a weird weather pattern we're all in. Today is supposed to warm up in the afternoon which will help melt some of the ice. We still have a lot of ice everywhere, though. Usually, ice like this doesn't last so many days, but the temps have been so low, there's hardly been any melting going on.

MySmallWorldof4

This is a weird weather pattern we're all in. Today is supposed to warm up in the afternoon which will help melt some of the ice. We still have a lot of ice everywhere, though. Usually, ice like this doesn't last so many days, but the temps have been so low, there's hardly been any melting going on.
Seems we are still in the high precipitation pattern that occurred all last year.

MySmallWorldof4

@donaldtoo did your dwifey ever think about renting dvc points? Maybe do that for the next time you go. If you stay on Hotel Blvd the rates are much cheaper as well. The Double Tree that we spent one night in last year had a beautiful suite for the $200 range. Got the deal through Mousesavers. Also you could rent an RV like us that sleeps the whole family and stay in The Fort. Also quite reasonable. Just suggestions for the future. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member

Congrats on the cruise. When the time come can you take you mother in law? If so you can get the cost of a Disney trip wayyy down by staying at Shades of Green and eating some of you meals there not to mention the cost of adult beverages;) Also the proximity to the monorail is a big plus when traveling with kids. Rooms are huge and sleep 5

Figgy1

Premium Member
@donaldtoo did your dwifey ever think about renting dvc points? Maybe do that for the next time you go. If you stay on Hotel Blvd the rates are much cheaper as well. The Double Tree that we spent one night in last year had a beautiful suite for the $200 range. Got the deal through Mousesavers. Also you could rent an RV like us that sleeps the whole family and stay in The Fort. Also quite reasonable. Just suggestions for the future. ;)
Also a condo or house rental would be MUCH cheaper and everybody can stay together but still have some space apart. Kennedy side trip cough cough;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom