The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, I'm tense, and stressed, and I've learned my lesson. Call the darned dining line! There should be a warning on the Disney website: Do NOT try this at home!

On the bright side, I spoke to a wonderful cast member, whose name I did not catch because I could barely hear her, but she was able to get all the ADRs I wanted up through our 10th day, and she did it faster than I got ONE done online. Granted, it took me forever to get the one done online because it just wasn't wanting to go through. BUT once I called the line, it went very smoothly.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Having a pity party right now because our internet has been down since 930pm last night, and now they aren't estimating it up until 830pm tonight (first it was 3 hours, then it was 1040am, now 818pm... )

Using the hotspot on my phone, but I may have to switch my plan over to unlimited so I don't go over my gigs. (I have a plan thru Xfinity Mobile where you either pay $12 a gig, or $45 unlimited)... most months we just pay by the gig, because we are on wifi so much that it doesn't make the unlimited worth while.
Sympathy like. I'm sure for a day or 2 you could manage with way less than a gig;)

MySmallWorldof4

That stinks, I hope your home owners fixes it quickly
Huh.I never thought of that. But our deductible is $1500, so not worth to go through it. We do have American Home Shield, but I just checked, and while our garage door opener is covered, the door is not. Bummer. I think it can be repaired with just a new mounting bracket, but Lowes doesn't have the one we need. I would have to have a repair company probably come out and check it. I am waiting for dh to give his opinion.

MySmallWorldof4

I called a garage door company, and for them just to come out will be $125. That is the minimum charge for the first hour. I am hoping we can just get away with a new bracket and not need a new door panel. But even if the door panel needs replacement, it would not need a whole new door. Waiting for the company to call me back with a day and time.
They're coming tomorrow between 8 and 12.

MySmallWorldof4

I just learned that a car full of some cheerleaders and parents were in a fatal car accident over the weekend on their way to a competition in Delaware. One girl was killed and the others are in critical condititon. So sad.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I called a garage door company, and for them just to come out will be $125. That is the minimum charge for the first hour. I am hoping we can just get away with a new bracket and not need a new door panel. But even if the door panel needs replacement, it would not need a whole new door. Waiting for the company to call me back with a day and time.
They're coming tomorrow between 8 and 12.

Wow--$125 just to wave hi to you as they drive by? :facepalm: Everything is so expensive. Maybe if your hubs takes a look at it, he might be able to fix it, if he orders the part.

MySmallWorldof4

Wow--$125 just to wave hi to you as they drive by? :facepalm: Everything is so expensive. Maybe if your hubs takes a look at it, he might be able to fix it, if he orders the part.
He actually fixed this door before. The same thing happened previously but the bracket didn't bend the last time. Now it is bent. I tried to see if I could find a replacement because they are less than $30. I cannot find one the right size. It does suck. My dh is handy and he could have fixed it himself.

SteveBrickNJ

My 3.5 yr old car has been unused in the extreme cold for overnight and all of today. I just got it started and am letting it idle in my driveway. Will this benefit or charge up the battery to make tomorrow morning more likely to be problem free?

Rista1313

My 3.5 yr old car has been unused in the extreme cold for overnight and all of today. I just got it started and am letting it idle in my driveway. Will this benefit or charge up the battery to make tomorrow morning more likely to be problem free?

It will definitely help... my dad always told me to start my older cars every day in the winter

Songbird76

I just learned that a car full of some cheerleaders and parents were in a fatal car accident over the weekend on their way to a competition in Delaware. One girl was killed and the others are in critical condititon. So sad.
Oh no!! It wasn't the rival team that was going to the same competition as you were supposed to compete in, right? That was in Maryland, wasn't it? Was it a weather related accident?

Songbird76

He actually fixed this door before. The same thing happened previously but the bracket didn't bend the last time. Now it is bent. I tried to see if I could find a replacement because they are less than $30. I cannot find one the right size. It does suck. My dh is handy and he could have fixed it himself.
Can you not order it from somewhere else and have him fix it? Does it HAVE to be done by the company?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom