The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

My 3.5 yr old car has been unused in the extreme cold for overnight and all of today. I just got it started and am letting it idle in my driveway. Will this benefit or charge up the battery to make tomorrow morning more likely to be problem free?
Is the problem the battery or that it's too cold? In Wyoming, we have tank heaters on our cars and we plug them in overnight so the car will start up the next morning. Do you not have those on vehicles in NJ? It's just a plug for an electrical outlet at the front of your car/truck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_heater

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is the problem the battery or that it's too cold? In Wyoming, we have tank heaters on our cars and we plug them in overnight so the car will start up the next morning. Do you not have those on vehicles in NJ? It's just a plug for an electrical outlet at the front of your car/truck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_heater
I've only heard of them for deisels. It's not supposed to be anywhere near this cold on the coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveBrickNJ

It sounds familiar. NJ probably has it. We are like all the surrounding states....experiencing single digit temps at night and in the teens today. The 5 day forecast is much more favorable.

MySmallWorldof4

Oh no!! It wasn't the rival team that was going to the same competition as you were supposed to compete in, right? That was in Maryland, wasn't it? Was it a weather related accident?
It was a team we had competed against in the past. They are based out of Virginia. They were headed to a different competition. I don’t know if it was weather related or not. I tried looking and found nothing so far. I know that all the girls from the cheer teams at our gym are going to be making cards. Such a tragedy.

Cesar R M

Welp... so.. the exam thing was closed up because of the martin luther king day.
No idea why I still got the confirmation the exam was good to go on saturday while on the cruise. I'm pis....d
this gaffe might cost me 400 USD (food, transportation, hotel and the exam cost)

I hope I can reschedule this exam with no penalty.
hopefully in a few months when I go to Houston for my calibration.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Welp... so.. the exam thing was closed up because of the martin luther king day.
No idea why I still got the confirmation the exam was good to go on saturday while on the cruise. I'm pis....d
this gaffe might cost me 400 USD (food, transportation, hotel and the exam cost)

Oh what a HUGE bummer. I hope you can reschedule.

MySmallWorldof4

That totally stinks! I would complain.

Rista1313

It sounds familiar. NJ probably has it. We are like all the surrounding states....experiencing single digit temps at night and in the teens today. The 5 day forecast is much more favorable.

They are engine block / oil pan heaters... and doubtful many have them in NJ, as I don't even see them here in Michigan (maybe the upper pennisula?) I am familiar with them because I lived in Alaska, where they definitely encourage people to use them.

donaldtoo

Although I don't have any kids, I can appreciate your concern. I'm sure it's entirely different when you're actually a parent. Part of what I wonder is if it's worse now than years ago, when I walked to school starting at the age of 5, and up through grade school. (High school was much father away, and took a school bus to that.) With so much access to instant news now, we hear more stories involving kids. So, I've wondered if it was any safer back when I was a kid, or if (more or less) the same amount of incidents happened (but we didn't hear about all of them on TV or radio, for example) when we were growing up.

(Side note: we used to just "free range" all over the town, when we went out to play! Sometimes I hung out with one of my brothers, and we covered miles in our adventures--at least we thought they were big adventures! :p)

Could be a combination of things...
More people, more of them are that crazy, and instant news, or any combination thereof. Maybe, per capita, people aren’t any crazier than years ago, but, there are just more people, etc.
Either way, we supervised our children way more than our parents ever did with us.

donaldtoo

I made fried egg sandwiches :hungry:

YUM-O-RAMA!!!!!!! :joyfull:
I LOVE fried egg sandwiches...!!!!! :hungry:
We used to make them all the time when I was a kiddo, and I have made them since, but, too few and far between...!!!
DWifey doesn’t do eggs, other than in baking, and the other 2 kiddos still at home aren’t much into them either.
I, on the other hand, love me some eggs...!!!!! :hungry::)

30E9DB5B-0D92-46D9-9CBC-CF6B9EF8FC3F.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Talk about bad luck there. I'm wondering if, since you received the confirmation, they could refund the cost of the exam, considering you have travel expenses, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom