The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Fillers is an interesting idea..... the only thing I worry about with that is that I'm an obsessive planner normally, I'm afraid my brain will feel like the fillers are law... plus that's not really winging it! LOL
No worries. Last trip we added a few ADRs on the fly. I don't know how you feel about SRT but they usually have a few last minute ones(we grabbed it after seeing what the boys wanted for lunch:hungover:) and the other 2 on the fly ones were Tiffins a couple of days out and Y&Y on a bus between parks

Goofyernmost

Only if you don't count the 9 month of various symptoms and additional years of child care. Yes I know many men do a good portion of child rearing but there are some things only a mother can do for the first year or so;)
Well, granted that parenting is a life long profession assuming that our children still care about our input, and those problems from conception to birth and for sometime after are difficult, to say the least.

I remember my daughter calling me shortly after her son was born and in tears because he wouldn't stop crying. He wasn't sick, just had a different sleep schedule then they did. She couldn't talk to her husband (the father) because, his mother was a stoic woman that had five children and never whimpered even once, as far as he knew. That coupled with a touch of post-partum depression made her life seem like nothing but despair.

However, that isn't really comparable with the reality of male pattern baldness and the life time of everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday for the rest of our lives. Any form of pregnancy including the 9 months and child birth are all started by conception which is usually completely within our individual power to prevent. So, although recognized as a major life achievement and something that should be given the proper kudos for accomplishing, it still doesn't make it easier to accept that women do every possible procedure that should, in all fairness, be destroying their hair does not seem to affect it, whereas, a man can do everything right about hair follicle development and still see them leaving at the speed of light. Not fair! Females may feel that since men seem to have the fun part of the child birth process, whereas, women have the crap end of it, that is an entirely, justifiably, different topic for later discussion. :cool:

Goofyernmost

Only if you don't count the 9 month of various symptoms and additional years of child care. Yes I know many men do a good portion of child rearing but there are some things only a mother can do for the first year or so;)
I believe that I did, indeed, cover 9 month part...
Child Birth is physical pain, but, unless you have hundreds of kids it is only a small portion of your life (hours wise) Baldness starts young and last forever. I still call unfair. :p Plus, for the most part women voluntarily participate in the procedure leading up to Child Birth. I don't recall enlisting in the Chrome Dome Syndrome. ;)
That is all part of the procedure leading up.

Songbird76

Well giving the 3 areas I polled about "winging it" with most of our dining, there are definitely some strong opinions both ways. It's amusing. One of the threads was on Facebook. I finally turned off the commenting because after 60+ people answered, I didn't need any more opinions!
See....I have no strong opinions about what way is right or wrong, because what works for one won't necessarily work for another. I know what works for me, so I have strong opinions about how -I- plan, and I'm happy to share the reasons why I plan the way I do, but I'm certainly not offended by anyone else doing it a different way, and I'd never put pressure on someone to follow my advice. Do what works for YOU and have a great time! I have to admit, if I were planning just for my DH and I, it would be vastly different than how I plan for the 4 of us. And if I were doing a Mother/Daughter trip, I would approach that differently as well. There's no one right or wrong way. I hope you didn't feel like I was pushing you with the comments I made, and I'm so sorry if you did. Not my intention at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom