The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Cold is good for you and makes you strong. A friend at work has a 95 year old mother, who lives in a rural area, up in northern Canada. Up until 4 years ago, she still chopped her own wood for the fireplace! Every single day she still goes outside no matter what the weather, and she said that is what made her strong all these years--getting outdoors and enjoying the weather! :happy:
That has nothing to do with the cold!! XD

Stop excusing that Nosense! XD
mickeywtfisthis.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’m whining, but I don’t want to make the entire season sound horrible, we have had some fun!.. just not as much as in past years.

I usually take the day after Christmas off from work.. Christmas Day is hectic for us, parents for brunch with the siblings, and then an aunt’s house with a bunch of cousins and their young kids.

The 26th is always a day for me, my kid, and my dog. Going thru presents and playing with them. This was a shock being informed that I wouldn’t be able to do that this year, when it was already planned.

Edit (after reading this later)- I hate how “poor me” this looks..Yuk. I’m shrugging that attitude off. Moment of weakness out of frustration, it has passed. :)

We all have moments of weakness, and the holidays can really mess with your mind. Our personal expectations of what "should" be happening, are not always in sync with one's actual reality.

In my own case, every year I think I have this unrealistic "perfect" Christmas in my head, that probably dates back to childhood--when I just took it all in, and didn't have any responsibilities. All holiday experiences and presents, etc., were all taken care of, for me. Heck, who wouldn't be thrilled with that?! :p

Now, my mother, on the other hand, probably worked herself up in a frenzy for weeks prior, trying to make the family's Christmas just picture perfect. Yet, I'll bet she even had a few regrets about a few things that could have gone better, etc.

To conclude my ramblings here, to maintain (my own) sanity, I've developed a more balanced approach. I enjoy what I can about the holidays, but don't kick myself. if absolutely not everything goes according to plan. And sometimes when seemingly nothing is going right, I come to my senses, and emulate Mr. Scrooge's view of it, "Bah Humbug!" :joyfull: That works too! :happy::happy:

Figgy1

T’s first Christmas.

View attachment 335131

This year Christmas season has been so hectic between sports and my new job. We haven’t done half of the outings that we typically do, I’m one big walking pile of stress, and I get more stressed when knowing this is the last year of the Magic, but don’t have time to do magical things.

Sorry to sound like the Grinch, but I’m so ready for Christmas to be over!!!
Sorry your holidays aren't going as planned
The good news is the magic doesn't end it just changes.:joyfull:

Figgy1

Cold is good for you and makes you strong. A friend at work has a 95 year old mother, who lives in a rural area, up in northern Canada. Up until 4 years ago, she still chopped her own wood for the fireplace! Every single day she still goes outside no matter what the weather, and she said that is what made her strong all these years--getting outdoors and enjoying the weather! :happy:
I'll take your one and raise you a good deal of my relatives on one side of the family made to near or over 100 living in an area with hot humid weather and palm trees with no modern medicine:joyfull:

Figgy1

I’m whining, but I don’t want to make the entire season sound horrible, we have had some fun!.. just not as much as in past years.

I usually take the day after Christmas off from work.. Christmas Day is hectic for us, parents for brunch with the siblings, and then an aunt’s house with a bunch of cousins and their young kids.

The 26th is always a day for me, my kid, and my dog. Going thru presents and playing with them. This was a shock being informed that I wouldn’t be able to do that this year, when it was already planned.

Edit (after reading this later)- I hate how “poor me” this looks..Yuk. I’m shrugging that attitude off. Moment of weakness out of frustration, it has passed. :)
Rant away I'm sure it's worse knowing when that time of life comes. James announced his decision the day after Christmas, he gave me an extra year of magic that year or he was smart enough to keep his trap shut to get what he wanted:cautious: I'm going with friend of ferret:rolleyes:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
T’s first Christmas.

View attachment 335131

This year Christmas season has been so hectic between sports and my new job. We haven’t done half of the outings that we typically do, I’m one big walking pile of stress, and I get more stressed when knowing this is the last year of the Magic, but don’t have time to do magical things.

I've been doing this to myself lately too. But at the end of the day, you have to let it go. When you're juggling too many things, you have to drop something to keep the rest going. And it's so important to give yourself the breathing room to drop those things. To allow yourself to feel okay about it. None of us can do it all. And you have some big things going on. So just..... try to stop stressing about the things you cannot do, and focus on the things you are doing.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
195_wintersolstice2018sunsetstartofwinter.jpeg

Happy solstice, my friends!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

T’s first Christmas.

View attachment 335131

I hear you. Christmas though can still be magical. In the future you can have T help with choosing gifts for kids without homes, or those in hospitals. He can learn to make Christmas magical for others.

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you. Sorry for unloading like that. I just found out a little while ago that I will be working every day until the end of the year, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Which means that T’s Christmas Break (which started yesterday) will be spent at zoo and museum camps (also a volleyball and baseball 1 and 2 day camps, respectively), then babysitter, and no outings with me at all...unless you count our soccer games, and the 1 basketball game that I may be able to attend.
As an aside, the extra 25 minute commute each way has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

I’m just looking forward to 2019.
My dh hates his commute. It is only 30 miles each way, local roads turn it into 45 minutes.
Sorry you get basically no days off. Hopefully the promises they gave you at the new job come to fruition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom