The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

T’s first Christmas.

FBB4FAA4-10F0-41D8-9BFA-74F289022C5F.jpeg

This year Christmas season has been so hectic between sports and my new job. We haven’t done half of the outings that we typically do, I’m one big walking pile of stress, and I get more stressed when knowing this is the last year of the Magic, but don’t have time to do magical things.

Sorry to sound like the Grinch, but I’m so ready for Christmas to be over!!!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
T’s first Christmas.

View attachment 335131

This year Christmas season has been so hectic between sports and my new job. We haven’t done half of the outings that we typically do, I’m one big walking pile of stress, and I get more stressed when knowing this is the last year of the Magic, but don’t have time to do magical things.

Sorry to sound like the Grinch, but I’m so ready for Christmas to be over!!!
Sorry 😟

21stamps

Thank you. Sorry for unloading like that. I just found out a little while ago that I will be working every day until the end of the year, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Which means that T’s Christmas Break (which started yesterday) will be spent at zoo and museum camps (also a volleyball and baseball 1 and 2 day camps, respectively), then babysitter, and no outings with me at all...unless you count our soccer games, and the 1 basketball game that I may be able to attend.
As an aside, the extra 25 minute commute each way has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

I’m just looking forward to 2019.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you. Sorry for unloading like that. I just found out a little while ago that I will be working every day until the end of the year, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Which means that T’s Christmas Break (which started yesterday) will be spent at zoo and museum camps (also a volleyball and baseball 1 and 2 day camps, respectively), then babysitter, and no outings with me at all...unless you count our soccer games, and the 1 basketball game that I may be able to attend.
As an aside, the extra 25 minute commute each way has had more of an impact than I thought it would.

That kind of sucks, sorry. I hope the time do spend together during break is fun. Maybe you two can have a Christmas movie night at home, pop some popcorn and enjoy.

21stamps

That kind of sucks, sorry. I hope the time do spend together during break is fun. Maybe you two can have a Christmas movie night at home, pop some popcorn and enjoy.

That’s a really good idea. On the other days I’ll probably get home at 9pm at the earliest on the other nights..he has to get up early for camp.. but I think he’ll have a lot of fun at them!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Please renew your scripts! I know money is tight this time of year but I don't want you to freeze to death

Cold is good for you and makes you strong. A friend at work has a 95 year old mother, who lives in a rural area, up in northern Canada. Up until 4 years ago, she still chopped her own wood for the fireplace! Every single day she still goes outside no matter what the weather, and she said that is what made her strong all these years--getting outdoors and enjoying the weather! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

One person can only do so much. There's still plenty of magic going around, and I'm sure that T is happy. You should be, too, as you are both together and that's the most important thing.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

That’s terrible, so much for the Holiday season. 😩

21stamps

That’s terrible, so much for the Holiday season. 😩

I’m whining, but I don’t want to make the entire season sound horrible, we have had some fun!.. just not as much as in past years.

I usually take the day after Christmas off from work.. Christmas Day is hectic for us, parents for brunch with the siblings, and then an aunt’s house with a bunch of cousins and their young kids.

The 26th is always a day for me, my kid, and my dog. Going thru presents and playing with them. This was a shock being informed that I wouldn’t be able to do that this year, when it was already planned.

Edit (after reading this later)- I hate how “poor me” this looks..Yuk. I’m shrugging that attitude off. Moment of weakness out of frustration, it has passed. :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Thank you. I still have a pretty bottle of Riesling that was not had at Thanksgiving I could pour in that glass right now, it is even chilled. Been an overload day, I did this last year too, returning from a WDW vacation just days before Christmas.

As hard as it is to come back I'm actually glad I was not there today? Did you see this picture shot from inside a bus at Port Riverside? At that point in the afternoon it had rained over 4 inches...so much for it not being the rainy season.

D536B2B3-3D5C-4497-BE3E-62302C020842.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom