The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sorry your trip is over. I assume you are home now.

Thank you. Yes, home. :):( I'm sorry my trip is done too but the crowds were to pick up for the holiday rush today, been there, done that, it is rough i.e., People Mover had a 30 minute wait this afternoon. :facepalm: We were able to get FP+ day of add ons for everything but Dwarf, we could even get Slinky and 2 Flight of Passage so I'm glad we went when we did vs this week.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's not just husbands, it's some wives, too. Yet, most couples grow together and accept each other's good and bad points. It's just life, you know. ;)

Me being born 14 months after my folks were married I saw more changes in my Dad than in my Mom over the years growing up and most certainly in his later years. He didn't do that mid-life crisis timeframe well but had some great excuses for his behavior. (lame) My Dad was the major breadwinner and used that paycheck as a get out of jail free card too often and one too many. :rolleyes: So my experiences @StarWarsGirl age kinda matched what she is noticing with her parents. Children are pretty intuitive to parents behavior.

Me in my age category I tend to have friends, acquaintances and family that lean far heavier to the guy acting out, midlife crisis than the gals 'change of life'. The excuses for these midlife crisis behaviors would be comical if it wasn't sad and destructive. It is hard to figure where we land on our thread here 'cause for the greater percentage of regular posters on this thread are female, we don't have many men that post volume here so we tend to hear from more the women what their spouse has done or not done. It isn't unusual though, the last forum I played on was mostly female too in the chit chat type thread. Now news and rumors...a whole different ballgame there. :joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

What I have been doing is gargling salt water for the last 6 days and sucking on hardy for the last 2 days. My younger brother started doing those two things for almost a week before I started this "cold". My younger brothers cough is more controlled now than it was a week ago and that tells me what he does help out some.

The doctor said said those are the only two options.
My youngest has a slight cough. When I give her Zarbees cough and mucus, it really works at controlling and helping it go away quickly. There are many things for helping with colds, not just salt water and lozenges. Eucalyptus, tea tree oil, peppermint are all anti-viral. You can breathe in the eucalyptus and peppermint or put it in a steaming pot of water. Your supermarket may sell the oils. Mine does.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yes, that always does jump in there and puts a scar on her credibility. However, I do also agree with that particular insightful statement she made. Only goes to prove that even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;):joyfull:

Unless it's a military clock.....

Ugh...I hate losing my voice!! It DOES suck when you're a singer and can't sing. I don't realize just how much I sing until I can't.

There are many people who wish I wouldn't/couldn't sing, LOL

Holy cow, that's interesting. The stuff I learn on this thread! :joyfull:

In the military you almost always pack a thing of wet wipes. That's how I learned. I think it has to be a certain size before they ding you though. Like I'm never pulled aside for a travel thing of wet wipes, but one or two of the big blocks of them it's a hit every time.

I found out something about my cold. Its something I'll be stuck with for another 4 weeks. My younger brother already is in his 2nd week of this cold. I'm not as far along as him. I have non stop coughing and my voice for the last couple days does not sound like my normal self like it did for my younger brother.

My dad and my younger brothers have the same cold. I also found out from on of the doctors actually had the same cold.

The nature of the cold is you starting out coughing, get laryngitis, get ache pains along with a lingering cough. The catch is this "cold" actually has the potential of make you worse after you start getting better.

Just remember two things here: your immune system is different. So it doesn't really matter what the virus does, you might have a different immune reaction to it. AND positive thoughts have been scientifically proven to make a difference. So.... stop thinking about the four weeks of hell, and start thinking about getting a good nights sleep and waking up much much better!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have faith that you both will see the light eventually, about the splendor of a winter wonderland. Don't think for a moment that I'm going to let up on either one of you . . . ;) There's nothing like a good challenge. :p
Please renew your scripts! I know money is tight this time of year but I don't want you to freeze to death

Figgy1

Premium Member
I found out something about my cold. Its something I'll be stuck with for another 4 weeks. My younger brother already is in his 2nd week of this cold. I'm not as far along as him. I have non stop coughing and my voice for the last couple days does not sound like my normal self like it did for my younger brother.

My dad and my younger brothers have the same cold. I also found out from on of the doctors actually had the same cold.

The nature of the cold is you starting out coughing, get laryngitis, get ache pains along with a lingering cough. The catch is this "cold" actually has the potential of make you worse after you start getting better.
That's horrible. Stay in bed when you can and get well soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom