The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

This is the way my high school was. Either you were involved and therefore part of it, or you weren't, and you were shunned.

I was a little surprised that out of this group, I had been chosen, but then I remembered I was on the newspaper, on the morning announcements, and in the choir, plus is AP classes, so yup, that was enough. Plus I was fairly well-liked in high school; I just didn't care about being friends with most people. Or going to prom.

Plus, it's so glaringly obvious. My friend's boyfriend has a twin. His twin got invited. His brother, even though he is one Facebook, did not. It's just weird on so many levels.

This is ridiculous. Oh it makes me so angry!!

I understand cliques, I don’t even have a problem with them.. but why call it a “reunion” if you aren’t inviting everyone????
That’s not a class reunion.

I’m sorry but I would get some people together and contact the organizers directly, and if they aren’t receptive, then contact your school... maybe something could be written in the newsletter?

The event that I’m not attending isn’t billed as a ‘reunion’ because I think they know that a lot of people aren’t going to attend an expensive white tie event. Our graduating (8th grade) class has posted stuff on FB about reserving tables together or photos together, but we would never do an event like that for our own reunion. It’s too exclusive.. even with everyone being invited.

Cesar R M

What kind of annoys me about this reunion thing is that all who are invited are in one of the following groups:

1. The band
2. The popular kids
3. The smart kids (me)

If you weren't in those groups, forget you! Less than half of the class is invited in spite of many of them being on Facebook (some of my mutual friends have not been invited even though they went there). That's just...sad.
Know the feeling as I am in the #3, but since my disability.. I was also in #4 (the unpopular or undesirables).

wdwfan4ver

My father worked full-time, and my mother only worked around Christmas or Easter to make a little money. She didn't have to work, but chose to at those times, as she liked to buy presents for us. Hence, I think the kindergarten thing might be regional (as it wasn't really in your area). I recall every kid I knew went to kindergarten. None of the mothers worked (except mine, twice a year). So in my area, kindergarten wasn't a daycare center for Baby Boomer parents in the town where I grew up. It was more of an introduction to learning and socializing with other kids. It was 4 hours in the morning only, and then we walked home for lunch.

Now the preschool thing was rare when I was a kid. Back then, those types of places were called "Nursery Schools". I never personally knew any kid that went to one, back then.
What I know is my parents didn't go to preschool. What I know is My dad came from a rare bred in that era. He had a working mom. His grandma took care of him.

My mom on the other hand grew up with a stay at home Mom.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you have Netflix and haven’t watched The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell, you need to watch!! It is so good!!

It is on my Netflix list. I was going to watch it tonight, but the remote that operates our Blu-ray (which is what we watch netflix through) is across the room. The dog is snuggled up on my lap and I don't want to disturb her so I'll have to watch another night. I'm glad it is good though. I figured with Kurt Russell it was probably going to be a quality program.

21stamps

I’m over 40 and I started preschool at 3. My mom was a ‘stay at home mom’. I think most kids went for the socialization as much as learning.

I went 2 days per week my first year, 3 days my second year after brother was born. It was a Montessori Co-Op day preschool, so my mom was the teacher’s aid at least once per week both years.

donaldtoo

I had my 30 this year. :depressed: Didn’t go. Haven’t spoken to those people in 10 years. Went to the 20th. Prior to that hadn’t spoken to any of them, but for some I went to college with and post grad, for 20 years. Figured if I actually cared for any of them we would still be in touch.

I went to my 10th and 20th HS reunions. Both were a good time, but, we haven’t had one since.
I remember at our 20th a classmate had already had to have a quadruple bypass... :oops:
Crazy thing is, he was a smaller, skinny dude that was the drummer for our favorite class rock band. Didn’t see that comin’.
40 years will be comin’ up in 2020...wondering if we’ll finally be having another reunion...maybe.....? :cyclops:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom