The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

If Bob Rivers redo his version of 12 pains of Christmas song, he needs to add trying to get popper tracking and get packages from UPS.

My reasoning is how UPS has been for my dad, my younger brother and I this season so far. My dad told me the tracking information has been off. To top it off, they claimed the package will be delivered today Monday, December 4th. The catch is today is Monday, December 3rd, not December 4th:facepalm:.

UPS has been very late delivering packages. The packages have been arriving even at 9:30 at night without ringing the door bell.

Oh no! That’s too late! I hope it gets better.

Rista1313

Ive literally given a cashier $10.50 when my total is $9.35 and she looked at me like a dear in headlights. Then I stared in horror as I realized she didn’t know how to make the change.

We found out too late that my husbands son did not no basic adding and subtracting and how to make change. It makes me sick that school just let him through not knowing basic life skills... (he didn't live with us, so we had no idea)

So here's a story for you. He is now 20 and lives with us. His name is Casimere, but he goes by Cazi for short. (notice the difference in spelling)

So he got a new job recently, where they have uniforms with their name in cursive on the patch. I asked him why he put Casi instead of Cazi... he said, "it does say Cazi, that's a lower case Z" I said, "um no, that's a lower case s... you are now cassie" He was so surprised and really thought that a lower case cursive s was a lower case z. What?!?! and THIS is why we need to teach cursive in schools.

Also when we were in Disney over Thanksgiving.. I wrote him out a to do list for watching the animals... then I realized it was in cursive... and he couldn't read it... I ended up typing it out and printing it.....:banghead:

21stamps

We found out too late that my husbands sun did not no basic adding and subtracting and how to make change. It makes me sick that school just let him through not knowing basic life skills... (he didn't live with us, so we had no idea)

It’s crazy, really sad that schools are doing that to kids. I would think they all must be doing basic addition/subtraction/times tables still though, hopefully.

The cursive too!! How are these kids going to sign their names?? My Mom learned shorthand, I didn’t., I get that things change.. but cursive??? No, that should be mandatory.
T has to write his name in cursive on every school paper. The get a deduction, no matter the subject/test, if they print their name.

Does your stepson enjoy Monopoly? It might be a good family game to play one night, and maybe help him.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm trying to remember what happened in my early years of school. For one thing, we did not have a kindergarten or pre-school. We got all our basic reading and writing skills in 1st. grade. And as I recall at the time, if the nuns couldn't convince you with logic they didn't have a problem with beating the point into you.? As far as phonics was concerned we were taught to sound out each letter and put them together when trying to say a word. Which was just exactly how the Phoenicians wanted it when the invented to alphabet. Thank you Phoenicians.

Ha! Yes. I was that blur line of baby boomer (or not) age group. Catholic Schools bursting at seams with excess students. Those students that couldn't keep up...off to public school they went.

il_75x75.1118625632_s5yt.jpg

Gabe1

Yah, it was scary watching the footage; I hope clusters of those aren't the norm. One is bad enough.
For a while now tornados have been coming in clusters. About 5 years ago I drove through a city as it was hitting a portion close about 10 miles out of Champaign in Central IL. There must have been a couple dozen by the time we hit the Greater Chicagoland area. Wiped out a family home of a member on this site that year.

Gabe1

I commute to and from work in a few different ways, depending upon what lines (buses, trains) are running without delays. Most of the time, I commute through a very large city station, and I'm used to seeing transit security, and occasionally, a military soldier standing guard with a rifle. They're all part of the landscape now, and I hardly notice anymore. But today they had a gaggle of Special Ops (elite) transit cops on patrol (some with dogs), and it creeped me out. (You never know if the K-9s are drug sniffing dogs, or explosive devices sniffing dogs.) Couldn't wait to get outta there tonight.

This will be coming up in the trip report but during the MVMCP there was Disney Security all over the MK meant to be seen. Uniforms I haven’t seen within the parks before let alone
In volume. It made ya pause and wonder the why’s. What is going on tonite? Should we be here?

C89551A0-1CE4-4743-89F3-42FC8A261547.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
I told T about one time when I got in trouble for talking in class.. I had to erase the chalkboards as punishment.
He said “Woah. I can’t beleive they didn’t have smartboards in the olden days. You didn’t have any good stuff back then. I feel sorry for those teachers.”

He always refers to my childhood as “the olden days”.. and I always tell him how great it was to not have cell phones and iPads and pandora and yes, even chalkboards.. kids today will never know the sound of a chalkboard screech 😂
My kids don't do that to me but they do it to their grandparents:joyfull: James went straight to living with the dinosaurs when talking to his grandfather:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
If Bob Rivers redo his version of 12 pains of Christmas song, he needs to add trying to get proper tracking and get packages from UPS.

My reasoning is how UPS has been for my dad, my younger brother and I this season so far. My dad told me the tracking information has been off. To top it off, they claimed the package will be delivered today Monday, December 4th. The catch is today is Monday, December 3rd, not December 4th:facepalm:.

UPS has been very late delivering packages. The packages have been arriving even at 9:30 at night without ringing the door bell.
That stinks. I thought getting a package at 6pm was bad

Figgy1

Premium Member
We found out too late that my husbands son did not no basic adding and subtracting and how to make change. It makes me sick that school just let him through not knowing basic life skills... (he didn't live with us, so we had no idea)

So here's a story for you. He is now 20 and lives with us. His name is Casimere, but he goes by Cazi for short. (notice the difference in spelling)

So he got a new job recently, where they have uniforms with their name in cursive on the patch. I asked him why he put Casi instead of Cazi... he said, "it does say Cazi, that's a lower case Z" I said, "um no, that's a lower case s... you are now cassie" He was so surprised and really thought that a lower case cursive s was a lower case z. What?!?! and THIS is why we need to teach cursive in schools.

Also when we were in Disney over Thanksgiving.. I wrote him out a to do list for watching the animals... then I realized it was in cursive... and he couldn't read it... I ended up typing it out and printing it.....:banghead:
YIKES!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha! Yes. I was that blur line of baby boomer (or not) age group. Catholic Schools bursting at seams with excess students. Those students that couldn't keep up...off to public school they went.

il_75x75.1118625632_s5yt.jpg
I've mentioned this before but I lucked out in that the public school was better than the Catholic schools where I lived:joyfull: Same for my kids but 1 district over it's the opposite.

Figgy1

Premium Member
For a while now tornados have been coming in clusters. About 5 years ago I drove through a city as it was hitting a portion close about 10 miles out of Champaign in Central IL. There must have been a couple dozen by the time we hit the Greater Chicagoland area. Wiped out a family home of a member on this site that year.
There's nothing to like about that. Stay safe my friend and Florida

Figgy1

Premium Member
This will be coming up in the trip report but during the MVMCP there was Disney Security all over the MK meant to be seen. Uniforms I haven’t seen within the parks before let alone
In volume. It made ya pause and wonder the why’s. What is going on tonite? Should we be here?

View attachment 330546
Not just here but I'm hearing stories of increased visible security all over the country. As of now I'm sure it will be that way through Thursday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom