The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

It’s hard for me to choose books because I don’t remember what I was reading at 8.. all of the years blur together. 😂

Plus, I really wasn’t the average kid when it came to books. Like I said, I loved Nancy Drew, I also loved the Babysitters Club (for those old enough to remember)... however, Jane Eyre was also my favorite book at age 11-12. I gobbled up classics, thanks to a cousin who always gifted me with 1st or 2nd editions for Christmas and birthdays. T enjoys zombies and monsters or mayhem more than I did, I don’t think he would appreciate a first edition classic book.lol..

MouseDreaming

Do you remember how old he was?

Oops.. just read this after I commented above..

Thanks! For you and @figmentfan423 , I gave T the first HP book for his bday, he wasn’t as into it as I thought he would be. I’m hoping the Kingdom Keepers series might be better for him.

His favorite series is Goosebumps.. his friends are all reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but those are on my blacklist, he’s not allowed to read them.

Barnes and Noble has a Hardy Boys box set.. i was a huge Nancy Drew fan, but never read The Hardy Boys.,. Have your kids read them? I’d love the nostalgia factor.. I’m not a fan of most of the “new” series these days. I hate Captain Underpants and Dog Man.
No Hardy Boys, here. Even though I loved the series on TV (Shaun Cassidy was such a dreamboat to my 9 year old self), I couldn't stand the books. Nancy Drew was marginally better. I never felt the need to try and get the kids into them. I did find a bunch of Choose Your Own Adventure books. DS still has them on his shelf, so I guess that qualifies as a hit. I also remember reading Encyclopedia Brown a lot at that age.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I didn't have a favorite series when I was a kid I read pretty much everything. Loved some, liked some and wanted to put some in the trash. I had an English teacher(7th grade) that had us fill out a form for book reports with the tile and author and would be handed back the next day with either a yes or no and if no you were sent to the library to pick a book. I have no clue how but Dolores by Jacqueline Susan got approved when I know she sent a bunch of kids(all boys) to the library.

KBLovedDisney

Speaking of English, I have a funny memory from high school that I'd like to share with you guys.

There was a day during school that I was approached by one of my friends. This was around lunch time:

"Hey KB! Did you finish that paper we had to write for English?"

Me. "Erm...what paper?"

"The...one that is due after lunch."

Oh boy! I scrambled to the front office where my mom worked as a secretary and begged her to let me borrow her computer. Guys, I wrote a paper out in less than 45 minutes.

Apparently, I was good under pressure then because the teacher pulled me aside after the next class and said that I got an A and commented how it was a really good paper.

Yeah, that never happened again. That skill would have seriously come in handy in college.

StarWarsGirl

Just had lunch with my cousin who also works here. She's on my mom's side of the family, but she's what I like to call one of the normal people. We just had an epic bashing session on my deceased grandmother. :hilarious: Apparently, my grandmother called her a witch with a B when my cousin was 10 years old. In case you needed a reason why we disliked her so much.

MySmallWorldof4

Do you remember how old he was?

Oops.. just read this after I commented above..

Thanks! For you and @figmentfan423 , I gave T the first HP book for his bday, he wasn’t as into it as I thought he would be. I’m hoping the Kingdom Keepers series might be better for him.

His favorite series is Goosebumps.. his friends are all reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but those are on my blacklist, he’s not allowed to read them.

Barnes and Noble has a Hardy Boys box set.. i was a huge Nancy Drew fan, but never read The Hardy Boys.,. Have your kids read them? I’d love the nostalgia factor.. I’m not a fan of most of the “new” series these days. I hate Captain Underpants and Dog Man.
My 11 year old is now reading Harry Potter. She has seen all the films and thus wanted to read the books. I may have to give Kingdom Keepers another chance. Or, maybe I will just give it to a kid. Think I am just too into JK Rowlings writing style.

MySmallWorldof4

It’s hard for me to choose books because I don’t remember what I was reading at 8.. all of the years blur together. 😂

Plus, I really wasn’t the average kid when it came to books. Like I said, I loved Nancy Drew, I also loved the Babysitters Club (for those old enough to remember)... however, Jane Eyre was also my favorite book at age 11-12. I gobbled up classics, thanks to a cousin who always gifted me with 1st or 2nd editions for Christmas and birthdays. T enjoys zombies and monsters or mayhem more than I did, I don’t think he would appreciate a first edition classic book.lol..
I read the Judy Bloom books at T’s age. Maybe Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Fudge, and Superfudge?

MySmallWorldof4

No Hardy Boys, here. Even though I loved the series on TV (Shaun Cassidy was such a dreamboat to my 9 year old self), I couldn't stand the books. Nancy Drew was marginally better. I never felt the need to try and get the kids into them. I did find a bunch of Choose Your Own Adventure books. DS still has them on his shelf, so I guess that qualifies as a hit. I also remember reading Encyclopedia Brown a lot at that age.
Shaun Cassidy. :inlove::inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

Speaking of English, I have a funny memory from high school that I'd like to share with you guys.

There was a day during school that I was approached by one of my friends. This was around lunch time:

"Hey KB! Did you finish that paper we had to write for English?"

Me. "Erm...what paper?"

"The...one that is due after lunch."

Oh boy! I scrambled to the front office where my mom worked as a secretary and begged her to let me borrow her computer. Guys, I wrote a paper out in less than 45 minutes.

Apparently, I was good under pressure then because the teacher pulled me aside after the next class and said that I got an A and commented how it was a really good paper.

Yeah, that never happened again. That skill would have seriously come in handy in college.
Cool! What was the paper on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom