The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

HOLD YOUR BUTTS FRIENDS!

A company in Vancouver is REALLY interested in hiring me and they said they are open to international workers..

I think this is it gentlemen!!!!

Going to see if they accept me with my cochlear implant and hearing difficulties as well.
I hope for online interview tomorrow :O
Good luck!! This sounds very promising and it could be really great for you! Sending prayers and pixie dust your way!!

Figgy1

My dh is in big trouble! He told me don't get one of the boy's gifts because he thought he could get a better deal. Guess who couldn't and found it for 25% higher :mad::rolleyes::cautious::banghead: Guess who found it at the original deal price this morning:D and phew it wouldn't be a big deal except getting my older ds to actually ask for something is worse than lets just say a whole lot of medical procedures:banghead: He asked for 3 things this year and this was the most important one. Rant over

Songbird76

In other news, seen the new Fantastic beasts movie.

It was.. bad..
The entire thing was a convoluted mess with mixed scenes that made no sense order wise.
They should fire their screenwriter and editor.
Also the movie had the SAME issues as the hobbit series had. Inflated in areas that didn't need more time. And reduced in scenes they were needed.

Also, another Dumbledore? really?

If Grindewald said the truth then the entire Rowling canon is being crapped on almost as bad as the extended Star Wars books.

Also annoyed that they didn't let Albus Dumbledore shine..

In the other hands, whasup with the whole "last of the lestranges" ? Then from where the hell Bellatrix and Co came from?
I didn't have time to reply earlier, but I actually really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was great. And in true JKR fashion, there are a bunch of things that are hinted at, but that we won't get answers to right away. I think things will get cleared up, but JKR loves to do that....like, throw in a random person who eventually turns out not to be so random. You don't know until you get there that what seemed like nothing was actually huge. Like the locket that no one could open at 12 Grimauld place when they were cleaning out the house. I find it so clever that she could keep track of all those plot points to release at just the right time and then you go "Oh my goodness, I hadn't made that connection!" I can't wait to find out where all this is going and I love learning more backstory about Grindelwald...that's one of the things I wanted to read more about with the original series, and I love that I'm finally getting that. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't seen it, but I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from seeing it.

Songbird76

Ugh that stinks! On top of a cold you have to walk 5 miles to school? Is that each way? Or is it 2.5 miles one way. Either way it sucks. It takes me 20 minutes to walk 1 mile on a treadmill. How long of a walk to ds’s school? The tire cannot just be pumped with air? It has a puncture?
It's about 6 km to DS school. Just short of that, or he would qualify for transportation. But I didn't walk ALL the way there. I took the bus from our house to the train station, then walked from there....that's about half way between, so around 3 km, and then we walked from the school to a bike repair shop and then home....which was slightly more than 6km, so about 9 km, which is somewhere around 5 miles. But we lived.
And no, it couldn't just be pumped up. I tried that yesterday. I have a portable pump in my bike bag, and I tried, but it wouldn't take any air. I think I ran over something because I remember when I pulled up to the station yesterday to park it, I hit a really big bump that I wasn't expecting, and the supports that hold up the front tire cover always come loose when I hit a bump, and they came loose and I stopped right away because I was where I needed to be anyway, so I didn't feel the tire deflate. There was a woman walking who wanted to cross the bike path and she huffed at me for getting in her way, even though I was where I was supposed to be. She was the one walking in the bike lane, and apparently wasn't happy when I stopped and stepped off my bike at the bike racks, because she had to wait a whole 2 seconds more to cross. So I was more worried about getting out of the way than I was about whatever it was that I must of ridden over, and I didn't notice until I came back and went to back my bike out of the rack that the tire was flat. But I know it wasn't flat when I rode TO the station, because I could feel it immediately just walking it backwards...I would have felt it if it had been flat before...so it had to have been when I hit whatever caused the bump that made the tire flap come loose. But the first thing I did was try to pump it up.
It's going to be an expensive fix! I called the guy I usually do....he's a mobile repairman. He goes where he needs to go to fix your bike. So I called him to see if he could come fix it right away, but he was full until Thursday afternoon. :arghh: So I ended up having to look for another service, but that meant walking the bike to that service, and this place was the only one pretty much on our way from school to home. But it's 40 euros for the new tire, because the old one is completely unusable, then however much the innertube is, and then the cost of labor. BUT, I did go for the highest quality tire since I ride so much. They asked me what kind I needed and I didn't know, so they asked me how much I bike, and I said at least 12 km every day, and apparently that's a lot. So I need a good quality heavy duty tire.

Songbird76

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well,and not being able to take off Friday is a bummer all around. Hope you can get in some rest in the next day or two, and feel better.
Thanks! I have been setting my work schedule to " not available" on Wednesdays, so I didn't have to work today. They have been scheduling me for every day I'm available, and I had learned that I just can't do every day. So I take Wednesdays off so I work 2 days, then have a day off, then work 2 more. And I cancled our home help for tonight since 3 of us are not feeling the greatest and I don't want to pass it on to our trainer. So I get the evening to veg now! I so need it!! Think I'll take a nice warm bath and read a bit of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2019.

StarWarsGirl

YES:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: now if you ask @StarWarsGirl she'd say:hungover::hungover::hungover: not one of her favorite veggies:rolleyes:
I had to go back a bit to find out what you were referring to. Not one of my favorite veggies could mean asparagus, broccoli (I'll eat on occasion, just not my first choice), green beans...and then I saw that you were referring to the most disgusting of all foods ever, sweet potatoes. Oh my, it goes way beyond just not being one of my favorites. I'd rather eat literally any other vegetable. Including cauliflower, which is also disgusting, but sweet potatoes are worse.

Songbird76

Yup neither of them can cook. I have a interesting few stories of them ruining things such as Hamburger Helper, boxed mashed potatoes and so on. I've also been known to bring my own coffee when visiting.
I swear my ex would have been able to burn water. He was terrible. Burned everything from hamburger helper and riceroni to potatoes. He just wasn't a cook. It's nice that my husband is completely competent in the kitchen. Though his mother must enjoy things burnt...probably good, because she is NOT so good in the kitchen. She doesn't follow instructions on anything, and she is always going around turning burners up or down. This weekend, we were at their house and they asked me to make Chicken-a-la-king, which is something they don't have in the Netherlands, but I made it once and they liked it. (except they won't eat it on bread, they use rice.) First she kept changing the settings I had on the burner and I had to keep turning them back down, and she keeps questioning how I am making it. Hello....it's MY recipe, you've never had any other version than MY recipe...I know more about how to make it than you do! So I had bread just for myself, because I prefer it on bread. She gets out the toaster and she sets it for how long she thinks it needs, and I pulled it out before it was even done and it was dark brown, almost burnt, and hard as a rock. I like my bread golden brown. I said "Whew....got it out just in time. It almost burned." and she looks at this dark brown bread and says "Oh....you call that almost burnt? I always do mine longer." And whenever I make any sort of thing in the oven....pizza, rolls, etc, I get them out when they are golden brown and she'll tell me they aren't done yet, they need a few minutes. And if SHE'S making them, you won't be able to bite into them. To each his own, but I prefer to make my own stuff at their house so I can have food that isn't burnt and that has flavor.

MySmallWorldof4

So I went to Walmart this morning to pick up some things I had realized we needed. I went to the produce aisle, and one of the workers was filling shelves. She saw me looking at the area where they keep the pre-packed lettuces and said that if I was looking for the mixed greens, that they were in the recall and removed. But they still had romaine heads available. I asked about that and she said that they had the recall list and the heads were not in the recall. Weird. I didn't get any though just in case. I did pick up a Disney gift card for our May trip. I went to put it in the Disney gift card website and guess what? I still had $271 on one of our gift cards from May! I thought it was empty. I love when that happens, like when you find $20 in a pair of jeans.:)

MySmallWorldof4

I didn't have time to reply earlier, but I actually really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was great. And in true JKR fashion, there are a bunch of things that are hinted at, but that we won't get answers to right away. I think things will get cleared up, but JKR loves to do that....like, throw in a random person who eventually turns out not to be so random. You don't know until you get there that what seemed like nothing was actually huge. Like the locket that no one could open at 12 Grimauld place when they were cleaning out the house. I find it so clever that she could keep track of all those plot points to release at just the right time and then you go "Oh my goodness, I hadn't made that connection!" I can't wait to find out where all this is going and I love learning more backstory about Grindelwald...that's one of the things I wanted to read more about with the original series, and I love that I'm finally getting that. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't seen it, but I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from seeing it.
We could start a PM or thread about the movie to discuss. What do you think?

Songbird76

My dh is in big trouble! He told me don't get one of the boy's gifts because he thought he could get a better deal. Guess who couldn't and found it for 25% higher :mad::rolleyes::cautious::banghead: Guess who found it at the original deal price this morning:D and phew it wouldn't be a big deal except getting my older ds to actually ask for something is worse than lets just say a whole lot of medical procedures:banghead: He asked for 3 things this year and this was the most important one. Rant over
Sympathy like. Good thing you could still get the deal!! DH doesn't even TRY to help with the shopping. It's all on me, including my own presents.

MySmallWorldof4

It's about 6 km to DS school. Just short of that, or he would qualify for transportation. But I didn't walk ALL the way there. I took the bus from our house to the train station, then walked from there....that's about half way between, so around 3 km, and then we walked from the school to a bike repair shop and then home....which was slightly more than 6km, so about 9 km, which is somewhere around 5 miles. But we lived.
And no, it couldn't just be pumped up. I tried that yesterday. I have a portable pump in my bike bag, and I tried, but it wouldn't take any air. I think I ran over something because I remember when I pulled up to the station yesterday to park it, I hit a really big bump that I wasn't expecting, and the supports that hold up the front tire cover always come loose when I hit a bump, and they came loose and I stopped right away because I was where I needed to be anyway, so I didn't feel the tire deflate. There was a woman walking who wanted to cross the bike path and she huffed at me for getting in her way, even though I was where I was supposed to be. She was the one walking in the bike lane, and apparently wasn't happy when I stopped and stepped off my bike at the bike racks, because she had to wait a whole 2 seconds more to cross. So I was more worried about getting out of the way than I was about whatever it was that I must of ridden over, and I didn't notice until I came back and went to back my bike out of the rack that the tire was flat. But I know it wasn't flat when I rode TO the station, because I could feel it immediately just walking it backwards...I would have felt it if it had been flat before...so it had to have been when I hit whatever caused the bump that made the tire flap come loose. But the first thing I did was try to pump it up.
It's going to be an expensive fix! I called the guy I usually do....he's a mobile repairman. He goes where he needs to go to fix your bike. So I called him to see if he could come fix it right away, but he was full until Thursday afternoon. :arghh: So I ended up having to look for another service, but that meant walking the bike to that service, and this place was the only one pretty much on our way from school to home. But it's 40 euros for the new tire, because the old one is completely unusable, then however much the innertube is, and then the cost of labor. BUT, I did go for the highest quality tire since I ride so much. They asked me what kind I needed and I didn't know, so they asked me how much I bike, and I said at least 12 km every day, and apparently that's a lot. So I need a good quality heavy duty tire.
Yeesh. Well, being a mobile tire repair person is not something someone in the states could make a living on. Interesting.

MySmallWorldof4

I had to go back a bit to find out what you were referring to. Not one of my favorite veggies could mean asparagus, broccoli (I'll eat on occasion, just not my first choice), green beans...and then I saw that you were referring to the most disgusting of all foods ever, sweet potatoes. Oh my, it goes way beyond just not being one of my favorites. I'd rather eat literally any other vegetable. Including cauliflower, which is also disgusting, but sweet potatoes are worse.
Sweet potatoes are a new like for me. I used to eat the terra chips and the sweet potatoes were my favorite in the group. I couldn't eat them any other way though. The thought of the mash with marshmallows is just gross to me. Anyway, I learned how healthy they were, and there are nutrients my body needs from them, so I started trying something different like a hash they serve at Satuli. It was really good. So, maybe it is the way that it is prepared that determines like. I hated brussels sprouts as a kid, but love them roasted with garlic.

Songbird76

Yeesh. Well, being a mobile tire repair person is not something someone in the states could make a living on. Interesting.
Oh it's not just tire repair. It's all bike repairs. But this is a country where bikes are a huge transportation vehicle, not just recreation. You can't drive until you're 18 here and there are a lot of kids who have to travel to go to high school if the kind of school they go to isn't offered in their town. Not every little town will have a gymnasium/athenaeum (the highest level of high school), for example. Where my husband grew up, there was no gymnasium, so he had to bike to Arnhem every day. I'll have to take a picture of the bike racks here. Gas prices are around $8-$10 per gallon, so a lot of people bike instead of driving. Even if they don't live in the same town where they work. So bike maintenance/repair is big business here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom